Cummings, non

Perhaps if London hadn’t gone in for the whole “ diversity is our strength” thing quite so enthusiastically for the last 20 years or so maybe shutting down internationally wouldn’t have as been difficult . Probably no coincidence cities like New York struggled also .... I’m sure there’s going to be flak coming my way for even suggesting this .

Perhaps if London hadn’t gone in for the whole “ diversity is our strength” thing quite so enthusiastically for the last 20 years or so maybe shutting down internationally wouldn’t have as been difficult . Probably no coincidence cities like New York struggled also .... I’m sure there’s going to be flak coming my way for even suggesting this .

What is the ""diversity is our strength” thing?" What does this mean?

What is the ""diversity is our strength” thing?" What does this mean?
I'm guessing wallmth doesn't like those pesky foreign Johnnie's.
Of course, if Johnson had shut the borders, the bounders would have come and gone by teleportation so it would have made no difference

Not flak, just entirely expected.

I'm guessing wallmth doesn't like those pesky foreign Johnnie's.
Of course, if Johnson had shut the borders, the bounders would have come and gone by teleportation so it would have made no difference

So, possibly, some kind of dogwhistle racism? Surely not?

That is strange. By diversity I assumed that he was raising gender issues. Doesn't the avatar indicate a transvestite or cross-dresser. Why else would a man have an avatar of someone admiring themselves wearing such a pretty dress?

Last edited:
So, possibly, some kind of dogwhistle racism? Surely not?

That is strange. By diversity I assumed that he was raising gender issues. Doesn't the avatar indicate a transvestite or cross-dresser. Why else would a man have an avatar of someone admiring themselves wearing such a pretty dress?

I thought he was talking about the wealthy people who brought it back from their skiing holidays and then gave it to their butlers.

The NHS would be even more understaffed and unable to function.

Jetting off around the globe for trade deals is essential travel of course.

I presumed the reason some posters wanted immigration of cheap labour from Europe to stop was so we could start getting it from the Indian sub-continent again?

If not, where from?

Wow wind them up and watch them go . Of course no actual argument to the point I was making just petty little virtue signaling wallmths a waysist insults ( and transphobia from Eric :))just as I predicted ya bunch of big girls .

Well at least the whole pandemic lockdown and travel ban has proven the “ it’s impossible to cut immigration “ narrative every government has claimed has been a complete lie ...round two .:punch:

Wow wind them up and watch them go . Of course no actual argument to the point I was making just petty little virtue signaling wallmths a waysist insults ( and transphobia from Eric :))just as I predicted ya bunch of big girls .

Well at least the whole pandemic lockdown and travel ban has proven the “ it’s impossible to cut immigration “ narrative every government has claimed has been a complete lie ...round two .:punch:
Of course you were.

I'm a firm believer that diversity is our strength; it should be the world's strength.

Regrettably this pandemic has shown it is also a weakness.

With any luck we'll go back to the way things were, as every country needs some 'lesser' people to come and do the shite jobs that are below the dignity of the indigenous population.

Right now we are encouraging Hong Kong nationals to come and get a degree and then work in KFC.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-hongkong-security-britain-china-idUSKBN29Y0Q1

Lol

I'm a firm believer that diversity is our strength; it should be the world's strength.

Regrettably this pandemic has shown it is also a weakness.

With any luck we'll go back to the way things were, as every country needs some 'lesser' people to come and do the shite jobs that are below the dignity of the indigenous population.

Right now we are encouraging Hong Kong nationals to come and get a degree and then work in KFC.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-hongkong-security-britain-china-idUSKBN29Y0Q1

Spot on to a point Ken .

Of course those shouting down anyone as a racist and what about the NHS workers when immigration is mentioned are so blinded by their own entitlement they can’t even comprehend the connection between the massive shortages of doctors in the third world (where they’re truly needed )and the abundance in the West . The lack of self awareness of the situation is a form of true racism but they won’t see it of course , in much the same way care home workers truly doing Gods work are on minimum wage and usually by as you said “ lesser people “.
The owners all have nice cars though .

Spot on to a point Ken .

Of course those shouting down anyone as a racist and what about the NHS workers when immigration is mentioned are so blinded by their own entitlement they can’t even comprehend the connection between the massive shortages of doctors in the third world (where they’re truly needed )and the abundance in the West . The lack of self awareness of the situation is a form of true racism but they won’t see it of course , in much the same way care home workers truly doing Gods work are on minimum wage and usually by as you said “ lesser people “.
The owners all have nice cars though .

There's a fair point in there about imported poverty... But trying to blame the spread of the pandemic on immigration is what you're being laughed at for.

You've cited London and New York as proof that immigration causes the virus to spread as if Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, etc don't have any immigrants.

Heard three interviews today on Sky and BBC with people who run care homes and they were not happy with the answers given by Matt Hancock today.

In two weeks time Matt Hancock will be in front of the same committee that Dominic Cummings was this week.

If Cummings has provided the committee with the evidence he has been asked for, then Hancock could be in for a tough ride where he will have to answer questions over a longer period of time and not like we see at press conferences where he gives shorter replies.

It seemed like Boris had learnt from his earlier mistakes when he was too slow to lockdown, when he has been following the road map with gradual opening up under scientific and medical advice.

He had mentioned we don’t want to bring any new variants into our country, hence the Red list re travel, but yet again he failed by acting too slow over placing India on that list and now we have a variant that is spreading fast and over the country, including Dorset now.

"Heard three interviews today on Sky and BBC with people who run care homes and they were not happy with the answers given by Matt Hancock today"
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Surely you got better things to do with your time.

;