Dan Gosling

'Great little football club, great little football club'

Oh füçk off you patronising semi-literate git!

Not too bad a piece - yeah not so keen on the use of 'little' but we can't argue on that score and at least we also got a 'great'.

I think it was nice that Dan did it rather than a more established player and especially so since he played so well on Saturday.I like Gozzo' - he is strong and hard working, with a eye for goal. If he improves his link play I can see him pushing Surman hard for a place.

I think he's already pushing Surman for his place... Gosling offers us slightly less (but only slightly) in skill, but offers a lot more around the box than Surman...

Yeah it's already a fine call between Surman and Gosling for me.

Surman has an edge in games where we'd expect to have more of the ball, because Surman is great at building sustained pressure on the opponent by picking out quality passes whenever they clear our attacks. Surman also links and switches our attacks from flank to flank excellently whilst we probe gaps and build the pressure.

In games where we have less of the ball and instead need to counter attack, Gosling is more likely to get stuck in with tackles and then get all the way up the pitch and into the box onto the end of a counter attack, and provide a clinical finish if the chance arrives.

Great to have the option!

I would say that Gosling has the better physical ability, but Surman has the better mental ability. Close call, but I would still have Surman above Gosling.

For me ake is better than gosling in that role as he is more physical and can bring the ball out. Seen him play that role for chelsea and was impressed. Doesn't have the attacking flair of an Arter or Wilshere but as defensive midfield he is very good so can understand his frustration at being on the bench.

It's what the other players call him kbg - I'm not into 'footie speak' too much but it seems to fit him pretty well.

We do of course already have 'Franno' - perhaps next up Artero followed by Willso, dogso, penno and cheerio . :grin:

;