Dan Gosling

I seem to be in the minority here but I always thought Dan was always chasing the game. He was lorded for covering so many miles each game, but for me he rarely seemed to catch up to ball and if he did was often slow to release it when he got it and then caught out. Wishing him the best wherever he goes.

So it appears as though he wanted to stay but was "pushed".

Sorry, I mean convinced that moving would be the best option for his future career.

Not quite sure what to make of that but if Gozzer eventually came to the same conclusion then fair enough.

The club are representing it as an opportunity for him to get more game time.
That may or may not be true but if Dan has managed to secure a decent wage for the next two and a half years then I'm sure that softens the blow of being surplus to requirements here. If he feels slightly undervalued by those at the club then I apologise in the name of all AFCB fans. I think most of us appreciate his contribution and would have been happy for him to see out his contract here !

Thanks for everything Dan, your humour, your professionalism and of course your goals. Enjoy the rest of your playing career knowing that you will always be a hero to AFCB fans. You were a constant during our headiest days. Thank you.

I would imagine all those who got promoted with us in 2015 were given a huge pay rise and made instant millionaires,any who are coming up to the end of their contract won't be getting another one as we simply can't afford it since relegation.
Thats why we let go Franno,Surs,Pugh,Daniels,and now Gos.
Steve Cook will be the next one.
Our new strategy seems to be to pick up decent younger players coming to the end of their contracts such as Pearson.

One of the very few left that made be fall in love with afcb and their amazing counter attack style. Think Stan and Steve cook are all that are left.

now just left with a whole lot of individuals that don’t okay as a team.

We could end up in a Play- off final with Watford ...and Dan gets the winner in the last minute after coming on as sub...or the winner in a penalty shootex.
Not sure how I'd feel about that tbh...but I won't be blaming him that's for sure !

He was the last player who I'd have transferred!

Is it a new strategy? We've done it with quite a few players. Daniels, Cook and Elphick spring to mind. Richie only had a year and a half left as well after signing an extension. I could be wrong about all three of those mind you.

Edit: Can add Josh King to that as well.

Very disappointing to see Dan go when he had stated that he would have liked to see out his playing days here. He always gave his all for the Club, and never hid even when things weren't going well for him in a game. His goals at Stamford Bridge gave us everlasting memories, and the one last seaon that won the game made for one of our most memorable and enjoyable PL awaydays.
Best of luck for the future Dan, and many thanks for everything you did for us.

I could be wrong but I don't think he said he wanted to see out his playing days but instead the season / his contract.

It's sad to see the old guard go, but I haven't seen many cases being put forward as to Gosling being a better player than Pearson. Note, I haven't seen Pearson playing much, so don't have a strong position here. But based on the opinions of others, if we have more or less swapped Pearson for Gosling this appears to be a good deal.

If we take off our cherry-tinted specs, we would expect to give a manager at least one or two transfer windows to try and bring in players for his intended style of play. I don't know if Tindall had time to be involved much over Summer, but the players he has brought in, or we've tried to get in this window appear to be good signings, certainly more hits than misses viewed with current information.

If Pearson is similar to Gosling, but better, and is played over some players the fans are saying lack the pride and drive, isn't this a good move?

It's sad to see the old guard go, but I haven't seen many cases being put forward as to Gosling being a better player than Pearson. Note, I haven't seen Pearson playing much, so don't have a strong position here. But based on the opinions of others, if we have more or less swapped Pearson for Gosling this appears to be a good deal.

If we take off our cherry-tinted specs, we would expect to give a manager at least one or two transfer windows to try and bring in players for his intended style of play. I don't know if Tindall had time to be involved much over Summer, but the players he has brought in, or we've tried to get in this window appear to be good signings, certainly more hits than misses viewed with current information.

If Pearson is similar to Gosling, but better, and is played over some players the fans are saying lack the pride and drive, isn't this a good move?
Yes agreed, sounds like the club weren't going to offer Dan a new contract, plus he wasn't in the team, so putting sentiment aside, a smart move

Yes agreed, sounds like the club weren't going to offer Dan a new contract, plus he wasn't in the team, so putting sentiment aside, a smart move
And I agree too but what confuses me is why wasn’t he in a team which recently and notably was lacking so much of his kind of drive?

He leaves with some great memories for me...my daughter and I always shared a joke around saying “Gozzer's on Fire” whenever he played well, which he did (IMO)...often and the look on his face as he ran towards us in the away end at Chelsea when his goal was awarded.

Maybe it was time but as others are saying, we seem to be losing (or have lost already) the heartbeat of our most successful team. Has to happen, but makes me sad nonetheless.

Great player for us. Sad to see him go because it’s one more “end of an era” event. One thing that did always strike with me Gosling: he could have great games and indifferent games (and occasionally a shocker) but, if introduced from the bench, it was nearly always poor (I can’t recall him coming on and having a blinder). He seems to be a player that needs to be aligned with the pulse of the game to play well. So if he’s not now going to start games, he’ll do better elsewhere. Hope he doesn’t play against us later this month!

Great player for us. Sad to see him go because it’s one more “end of an era” event. One thing that did always strike with me Gosling: he could have great games and indifferent games (and occasionally a shocker) but, if introduced from the bench, it was nearly always poor (I can’t recall him coming on and having a blinder). He seems to be a player that needs to be aligned with the pulse of the game to play well. So if he’s not now going to start games, he’ll do better elsewhere. Hope he doesn’t play against us later this month!

Also sad. He has a great attitude and had worn his heart on his sleeve over the summer saying how happy he and his family were here while others had only been committing short term or not at all. I don't think Lerma or Billing have been any better and he's got more goals. I think this is a mistake, personally and he should have had more game time. Perhaps a problem with us at the moment is there is too much transience in the squad rather than long term desire to stay and this is affecting team spirit. I think we're nuts letting him go to Watford. I wish him well and given his situation, think he's making the best decision for him and his family. Watford isn't a million miles away and the club is in a stronger position than Forest for sure. Even us I think. Good luck to Dan and I wish him lots of game time and hope he'll look back on this as philosophically as an unexpected great door opening when one unfortunately closed for him. Hope he doesn't feel too bitter or hard done by because that won't help him but would understand if he did. The club have lost the plot IMO.

;