Danjuma

I think a player like Danjuma offers a bit more than your traditional striker though... He's scored 17 from 37 appearances this season, and I imagine his assists are ok as well. He can play up top and more effectively, from the left wing...

Ollie Watkins (also untried at PL level) went to Villa for £28m rising to £33m... so I'd absolutely be expecting to hold out for around £25m, or at the very minimum £20m with sell on and add-ons...

He's the one certainty that will go for a decent profit so we need to capitalise on this... Given the £23m and £11m we paid for Lerma and Brooks respectively, I can't see us currently making much if anything out of these two... IN fact I don't think Brooks will move on this window and we'll end up taking a hit on Lerma to shift him off the wage bill...

I think a player like Danjuma offers a bit more than your traditional striker though... He's scored 17 from 37 appearances this season, and I imagine his assists are ok as well. He can play up top and more effectively, from the left wing...

Ollie Watkins (also untried at PL level) went to Villa for £28m rising to £33m... so I'd absolutely be expecting to hold out for around £25m, or at the very minimum £20m with sell on and add-ons...

He's the one certainty that will go for a decent profit so we need to capitalise on this... Given the £23m and £11m we paid for Lerma and Brooks respectively, I can't see us currently making much if anything out of these two... IN fact I don't think Brooks will move on this window and we'll end up taking a hit on Lerma to shift him off the wage bill...
Agree we should hold out for that kind of price. Imo he is a winger though. Don’t know where this perception that he can play up top comes from, he’s never played there for us as far as I’m aware. Centre forward is a totally different role, we have no idea if he can play it. It takes a lot more than being a good finisher. Can you imagine him doing the tireless running off of the ball that Watkins does to occupy opposition defenders and run the channels for example? He’s the type who likes the ball to feet, he wants others to do the ugly stuff and give him the ball.

MB1980

Fans' Favourite
Agree we should hold out for that kind of price. Imo he is a winger though. Don’t know where this perception that he can play up top comes from, he’s never played there for us as far as I’m aware. Centre forward is a totally different role, we have no idea if he can play it. It takes a lot more than being a good finisher. Can you imagine him doing the tireless running off of the ball that Watkins does to occupy opposition defenders and run the channels for example? He’s the type who likes the ball to feet, he wants others to do the ugly stuff and give him the ball.
can see why people may think it, as he has some decent qualities for a striker. issue is he probably has other attributes that are poor/mediocre, which would make him less effective playing centrally.

as we know one his trademarks is cutting in and he'd lose that (large parts of game anyway) if not out wide.

as a I mentioned before, he's played under numerous coaches and if he had that much potential to play as a striker, you can be sure he would have been transitioned by someone now. after all, fast, composed, goal scoring forwards are always in demand by top clubs and would fetch 10's of millions.

happened with a lot of afcb players over the years, people suggesting centre backs get moved into midfield as they have a decent pass, fullbacks played as wingers etc. nothing more than fantasy football imo.

Last edited:
Brett pitman was a lethal finisher. Your logic would suggests he should have been a hit in the Prem. naive at best if you think that’s all it takes to make it at that level.
Genuine question.
Do you rate any of our team. You seem to diss them all.
Also does your boss realise you are in commando mode?
just to add.
I rate Lerma, Kelly, Stacey and obviously Danjuma very highly.
I have my doubts regarding Mepham, Rico and Billing.
The rest I feel are ok, happy for them to play.

CherryBare

Fans' Favourite
Genuine question.
Do you rate any of our team. You seem to diss them all.
Also does your boss realise you are in commando mode?
just to add.
I rate Lerma, Kelly, Stacey and obviously Danjuma very highly.
I have my doubts regarding Mepham, Rico and Billing.
The rest I feel are ok, happy for them to play.
He doesn't rate lerma, thinks its better we have 10 on the pitch than him