Arnaut Danjuma

Best finisher for me in a Bournemouth shirt was Colin Clarke...like Defoe everything was on target and hard. He scored hattricks in the top flight too and a goal at the World Cup finals. Pitman and Danjuma also right up there but not top flight necessarily.

Danjuma I’d reserve judgement on. He may score regularly at top level but I wouldn’t bet heavily on it. A lot of his goals involved him beating a full back and bending it. He didn’t get many tap ins. He won’t beat Premier League full backs the way he did championship ones. His finishing may remain the same but I don’t think his opportunities to finish will.
He won't get tap in's playing as a winger tbf......I'd be confident of him putting chances away in any situation.......anyone as cool as he is in front of goal should be playing as a striker.

He won't get tap in's playing as a winger tbf......I'd be confident of him putting chances away in any situation.......anyone as cool as he is in front of goal should be playing as a striker.

I think if his finishing, composure and other attributes needed were that strong he'd have been played as a striker by now, by someone in his career. Coaches would see him do it all the time in training and would start playing him centrally if he was that effective.

Pacey, composed, natural finishers at this or pl level are worth an absolute premium.

Last edited:
How much do you think we'd get for Danjuma?

Forgotten how long was on his contract.

If we could keep any of our stars I'd choose him and Cooper.

Sell Billing, sell Solanke, sell Brookes. Great players, but we'd find buyers and we can reinvest.

Best finisher for me in a Bournemouth shirt was Colin Clarke...like Defoe everything was on target and hard. He scored hattricks in the top flight too and a goal at the World Cup finals. Pitman and Danjuma also right up there but not top flight necessarily.

Danjuma I’d reserve judgement on. He may score regularly at top level but I wouldn’t bet heavily on it. A lot of his goals involved him beating a full back and bending it. He didn’t get many tap ins. He won’t beat Premier League full backs the way he did championship ones. His finishing may remain the same but I don’t think his opportunities to finish will.
Jimmy Quinn was a good finisher, but he wasn't popular with the fans.

I can't think of another player I'd rather have in a one-on-one. Like on Saturday, Dan gets it clean through with a whole half to go and you know it's a goal. Not many you can say that about.
With great respect to Solanke and other front/midfield players, if they'd picked that ball up in our half I very much doubt it would have got anywhere near the net. Of the eleven on the pitch Arnie was the only one who could have done it.

How much do you think we'd get for Danjuma?

Forgotten how long was on his contract.

If we could keep any of our stars I'd choose him and Cooper.

Sell Billing, sell Solanke, sell Brookes. Great players, but we'd find buyers and we can reinvest.

I'm unsure who takes a punt on Brooks? not a pl club surely - he's done nothing this last season

re Danjuma, I can see Blake holding out for 20 million minimum

The guy is a lethal finisher no doubt about it. I still can’t shake the feeling that he is one of those who will fall into the ‘very good championship, not quite good enough for Prem’ bracket though.

The guy is a lethal finisher no doubt about it. I still can’t shake the feeling that he is one of those who will fall into the ‘very good championship, not quite good enough for Prem’ bracket though.

Get ready for top farrier...

...would try and get a deal around total deal 25 million including sensible add on and sell on clauses?

Last edited:
I think a player like Danjuma offers a bit more than your traditional striker though... He's scored 17 from 37 appearances this season, and I imagine his assists are ok as well. He can play up top and more effectively, from the left wing...

Ollie Watkins (also untried at PL level) went to Villa for £28m rising to £33m... so I'd absolutely be expecting to hold out for around £25m, or at the very minimum £20m with sell on and add-ons...

He's the one certainty that will go for a decent profit so we need to capitalise on this... Given the £23m and £11m we paid for Lerma and Brooks respectively, I can't see us currently making much if anything out of these two... IN fact I don't think Brooks will move on this window and we'll end up taking a hit on Lerma to shift him off the wage bill...

I think a player like Danjuma offers a bit more than your traditional striker though... He's scored 17 from 37 appearances this season, and I imagine his assists are ok as well. He can play up top and more effectively, from the left wing...

Ollie Watkins (also untried at PL level) went to Villa for £28m rising to £33m... so I'd absolutely be expecting to hold out for around £25m, or at the very minimum £20m with sell on and add-ons...

He's the one certainty that will go for a decent profit so we need to capitalise on this... Given the £23m and £11m we paid for Lerma and Brooks respectively, I can't see us currently making much if anything out of these two... IN fact I don't think Brooks will move on this window and we'll end up taking a hit on Lerma to shift him off the wage bill...
Agree we should hold out for that kind of price. Imo he is a winger though. Don’t know where this perception that he can play up top comes from, he’s never played there for us as far as I’m aware. Centre forward is a totally different role, we have no idea if he can play it. It takes a lot more than being a good finisher. Can you imagine him doing the tireless running off of the ball that Watkins does to occupy opposition defenders and run the channels for example? He’s the type who likes the ball to feet, he wants others to do the ugly stuff and give him the ball.

Agree we should hold out for that kind of price. Imo he is a winger though. Don’t know where this perception that he can play up top comes from, he’s never played there for us as far as I’m aware. Centre forward is a totally different role, we have no idea if he can play it. It takes a lot more than being a good finisher. Can you imagine him doing the tireless running off of the ball that Watkins does to occupy opposition defenders and run the channels for example? He’s the type who likes the ball to feet, he wants others to do the ugly stuff and give him the ball.

can see why people may think it, as he has some decent qualities for a striker. issue is he probably has other attributes that are poor/mediocre, which would make him less effective playing centrally.

as we know one his trademarks is cutting in and he'd lose that (large parts of game anyway) if not out wide.

as a I mentioned before, he's played under numerous coaches and if he had that much potential to play as a striker, you can be sure he would have been transitioned by someone now. after all, fast, composed, goal scoring forwards are always in demand by top clubs and would fetch 10's of millions.

happened with a lot of afcb players over the years, people suggesting centre backs get moved into midfield as they have a decent pass, fullbacks played as wingers etc. nothing more than fantasy football imo.

Last edited:

;