David Brooks

The fact that Brooks has already been let go at Manchester City could go in our favour. He knows that he will get game time here, and has played most of the games this season. Other teams were supposedly looking at him in the summer - but we were the only ones to make an offer.

I would hope that if Eddie asks him for another season, or to stay until January at least, that he would give us that.

...if one of the big clubs come in for him,then it would be difficult for us to hold on to him. Manchester United would be a huge pull for the player and 50 million plus would be a hard amount to turn down?
We will be under pressure to keep Wilson, Brooks, Ake and maybe even Fraser come the summer as the bigger clubs look to recruit...

Brooks will have to strengthen up before a big club comes in.
He is too easy to nobble. very weak legs at the moment.
I agree with this but any club needs to be careful how they develop and bulk him up.

At the moment his dribbling style is effortless. It’s almost as if he glides past his opponents.

What you don’t want to do is put on too much muscle mass so that he loses that ‘ice skating’ ability

I think pretty much any club could struggle to hold their best players these days. Man City, maybe Liverpool an exception. Chelsea could easily lose Hazard to Real Madrid, for example. So if an offer is large enough and the player hints they would be interested, not much we could do really.
I'd like to think Brooks is a grounded lad though, he knows this is a good place for him to improve and that he has years ahead of him. So would hope we can keep him for another couple of seasons. And I hope when he goes, its to someone like Madrid, Barcelona etc, as I think he can be that good.

I believe we will get to keep him one more year. He still is flying under the radar. It helps that for instance king got huge recognition after the Chelsea match when imo it was brooks that pulled the strings. If I were Eddie I’d pay reporters to keep overlooking him.

Brooks came to us to play, if he leaves to a top 6 club he will end up a bit part player. He needs to stay here for a couple more seasons

Thing is, if Eriksson goes - Poch might just say to him - 'His place is yours' . In that I agree that Brooks would only go if guaranteed first team football.

No one can guarantee first team football... He's not stupid, and he'll have seen all thh players that have had relatively short periods in the limelight and gone on to bigger clubs quickly and done jack sh*t when they got tehre, other than bench warm...

Eddiw will offer him sound advice and perhaps convince him t earn his stripes at DC for the next 18 months and become a player that 'will' naturally be gauranteed a place as he'll be too good not to... and he'll have proved himself over 2 PL seasons...

He's a great player but still largely an unknown. He's playing in a team that suits his play, and for a manager that knows how to ge tteh best out of him... He will know that might all change if he moves on...

One more season here and then he'll go for big money...

Yes!

I see absolutely no way that a top club will bid enough to get him out of the club on the back of one season. By enough I mean £40m+

Wouldn't see anyone punting more than £25m +addons in the summer which wouldn't be accepted.

Keep him for another season and if he continues with his rapid progress,he will be worth a new Ted Mac stand,training complex and the leaky tap fixed in the north stand toilets

Brooks is currently at that early stage where it looks like he could be a huge player but there's also a chance he could stagnate, end up getting perpetually injured a la Jack Wilshire, develop off-field problems that ruin his game, etc.
He's only been impressing on the national stage now for a little over half a season. If he maintains these levels for another season or more that will massively increase his value as teams will know they're getting the real deal and will have to shell out accordingly.

;