David Brooks

Found it interesting considering Sheffield United's comments regarding his change in representation, that the same management agency also appears to have Steve Cook, Callum Wilson, Maxi Gradel, Lee Tomlin and Glenn Murray on the books.

And Andrew Surman.

Just watched some training videos on the website.
Seems he has mixed in well and has good ball control dinking it over the keeper on a one on one. He looked embarrassed when he won the golf tournament. Looks like he has a winners attitude. An exciting player to follow.

FWIW, yesterday I met a Sheff Utd fan who spent a full ten minutes purring about Brookes.

He reckons - if reported prices are true - that we got him at a steal.

The Blades fella was gutted Brooks had left but knew it was inevitable.

No clue if he's right but we'll only know if Cautious Eddie gives Brooks a run of PL starts

FWIW, yesterday I met a Sheff Utd fan who spent a full ten minutes purring about Brookes.

He reckons - if reported prices are true - that we got him at a steal.

The Blades fella was gutted Brooks had left but knew it was inevitable.

No clue if he's right but we'll only know if Cautious Eddie gives Brooks a run of PL starts

Thought he did more than OK last night.
Showins a lot of promise.

Didn't get his corner past the 1st defender tho, but we are used to that!

I saw glimpses of him in the AFCB TV clips and he looked good considering he has only just joined got a feeling it’s not going to be long before he is in the first team

Its beginning to look like this is signing for the future, not for this season. I'm a little concerned about the season coming, I hope Eddie has some irons in the fire to improve the current first team.
Thankfully I do not agree he looks a handy player at this early stage Eddie will of course not throw him in at the deep end but reckon he will be up and running before too long

I've been wondering why Lewis Cook has been playing for the 'B team' in the friendlies like yesterday and I wonder if it's as part of an effort to integrate Brooks earlier than normal for a signing with the first team?

Obviously he won't be starting next week but it could be indicative that they see him as making an early impact and so want to give him as many minutes with the likely first team as possible.

I felt like we had too many average centre midfielders when it was Arter/Gosling/Surman. They weren't good enough to play 2 in the middle, so we had to play 3.

Lewis Cook is certainly talent but it's still not good enough to make up for his central midfielder partner and allow us to play just 2 in the middle.

But then we can't afford to but another Lewis Cook or, even better, a Lewis Cook 1+ years down the line. So what can we do?

Brooks is a Lewis Cook -1 years development. Potential for the future.

Against what I thought was poor opposition, he had a decent gsme. Couple of nice forward defence splitting passes, one set up a goal. Nice to have that option

"Ready/Not Yet Ready" .................. hard to say.

But, he did look pretty confident so he does look "ready to be ready" if pressed into service. Per Gary, a nice option and hopefully one more very useful chess-piece for Eddie.

How would you know? You have never seen him play. Mind that probably goes for most, if not all, of the team.

F##k you! you cocky little b##stard...would you rather I switch to Saints after 58 years of support ..buckets and all..not my fault we can only squeeze in 11,000. (28,000 in 1960!!!!!!)
I've been to aways since 2015 -16 !..getting tickets with my own methods ..no help from the club!
Seen plenty of Brookes on Tv for Sheffield....enough to see his quality!
So shove your head back up your JcL a##e! Because I'm not sat in Dean Court munching Prawn sarnies and taking selfies of myself with Neil Diamond singing Sweet Caroline, doesnt mean I can't comment on Players ability.
The PL has got some fans getting above reality...it's football ..not something to start getting divisive over with regard to who attends the games Now as opposed to previous decades.

Last edited:
I've been wondering why Lewis Cook has been playing for the 'B team' in the friendlies like yesterday and I wonder if it's as part of an effort to integrate Brooks earlier than normal for a signing with the first team?

Obviously he won't be starting next week but it could be indicative that they see him as making an early impact and so want to give him as many minutes with the likely first team as possible.
Or could it be that the rumours going round the ground today are true and Arter Defoe and L. Cook played against Real Betis in the 'B' team because they won't be at Dean Court by next Saturday?

Or could it be that the rumours going round the ground today are true and Arter Defoe and L. Cook played against Real Betis in the 'B' team because they won't be at Dean Court by next Saturday?

I can't see Cook going now unless there is an amazing offer and/or he actually wanted to move [ if it was Spurs ]. The other two, I could see it happening, Defoe as a loan somewhere.

Will Lerma be pushed straight into the starting eleven??

As for Brooks....great talent....I'd have no issues with him starting right away.

;