David Turnbull

As a Motherwell fan but also have Bournemouth as my English team I wouldn’t be adverse to this move for Turnbull signing at the cherries. He’s an incredible talent and could be the next biggest Scottish star. Been hearing rumours from inside that he’s off in the summer possibly to sign here. Plenty of potential and his composure is second to none as well as scoring a lot from CM/10 and also winning everything at the awards night recently. With watching him every week he’d 100% fit in here whether that be straight away or for the future and mature under Howe’s guidance.

I'm coming from a place of complete ignorance, so please humour me. We currently have a few players in the Scottish Prem who seem to be doing well but still seem a million miles from the first team here. What attributes set Turnbull apart, what makes him a Rapid Ryan Fraser (no-one calls him that) rather than a Languid Lyle Taylor both of whom did very well up there

I'm coming from a place of complete ignorance, so please humour me. We currently have a few players in the Scottish Prem who seem to be doing well but still seem a million miles from the first team here. What attributes set Turnbull apart, what makes him a Rapid Ryan Fraser (no-one calls him that) rather than a Languid Lyle Taylor both of whom did very well up there
Well from watching him week in week out and by asking fans of other clubs that have seen him can tell you he has a bright future. He had been on the cusp of our team last season but finally broke through around November time. Provides an incredible amount of composure on the ball, has an outstanding long shot (vs Dundee have a look) as well as making late runs off the shoulder from midfield by scoring 10 goals this season. Excellent set piece taker corners and free kicks. He does have one downfall though which may be his work rate going backwards defensively but that has improved over the course of the season, however he won’t shy away from a tackle. He could perhaps be the biggest talent I’ve seen come from Fir Park.

Would just like to add this kid is unbelievable another 2 goals today and bosses the game completely, will be gutted if he leaves especially after the 95th min winner today. What a player! For any interested should try catch the highlights of the game on the Motherwell Twitter, quality game today.

Last edited:
I was wondering who would fill in when Moult left. It seems this lad has. But EPL quality?
The funny thing is lad isn’t even a striker:LOL::ROFLMAO:But he just simply is the most composed player on the pitch every game, hits the ball as sweet as anyone. For me I would say he’d fit into the EPL it would actually suit him more. 13 goals this season for CM/10 is an incredible return for a 19 year old especially after only coming into a deflated team around late October.

Last edited:
As a Motherwell fan but also have Bournemouth as my English team I wouldn’t be adverse to this move for Turnbull signing at the cherries. He’s an incredible talent and could be the next biggest Scottish star. Been hearing rumours from inside that he’s off in the summer possibly to sign here. Plenty of potential and his composure is second to none as well as scoring a lot from CM/10 and also winning everything at the awards night recently. With watching him every week he’d 100% fit in here whether that be straight away or for the future and mature under Howe’s guidance.
I like Allan Campbell... would he be a good acquisition.

Quite surprisingly he didn’t win the young player of the year for league instead Ryan Kent did. However Turnbull did win the Scottish young football writers award.

Wow another 2 goals again today, absolute masterclass once again today. Minimum 5 million for him! And I can say it’s 110% worth it and more.

Wow another 2 goals again today, absolute masterclass once again today. Minimum 5 million for him! And I can say it’s 110% worth it and more.
I feel the Scottish league is very similar to the Dutch league. OK this season Ajax have pushed the standard to another level but generally speaking it’s hard to judge how someone would adapt to the PL.

I’ve not seen enough of Turnbull to comment but I’d be surprised if a non Old Firm club could demand £5m. On the other hand, £5m is a speculative punt for us, it’s basically Rangers or Celtic’s entire transfer budget

I feel the Scottish league is very similar to the Dutch league. OK this season Ajax have pushed the standard to another level but generally speaking it’s hard to judge how someone would adapt to the PL.

I’ve not seen enough of Turnbull to comment but I’d be surprised if a non Old Firm club could demand £5m. On the other hand, £5m is a speculative punt for us, it’s basically Rangers or Celtic’s entire transfer budget
I’d say we’d accept a 3million bid for him, but he’s honestly worth more. Plays the game with sheer class and lets face it 5 million is nothing to prem clubs anyway. I would say the SPFL at times is on par with the championship teams, and could see rangers and Celtic challenging at the top of it for promotion, just a shame everybody seems to **************** us over money wise and clubs like Motherwell get even less.

I like Motherwell. Them and Partick Thistle. Their players often have a bit of Steel in them....yep sign these guys up...a better bet than getting more in like Rico, Solanke or Mousset, who havent exactly set the PL on fire !

I'm sure Eddie can check it out with Steve Robinson. No idea whether the lad can make it, but I'm sure he'll have been watched.

I like Motherwell. Them and Partick Thistle. Their players often have a bit of Steel in them....yep sign these guys up...a better bet than getting more in like Rico, Solanke or Mousset, who havent exactly set the PL on fire !
Head down to a few games, though we have lost many decent players this summer. Would love to get down to watch Bournemouth but simply can’t find the time and I’m actually in London next week but sadly the season is over.

The funny thing is lad isn’t even a striker:LOL::ROFLMAO:But he just simply is the most composed player on the pitch every game, hits the ball as sweet as anyone. For me I would say he’d fit into the EPL it would actually suit him more. 13 goals this season for CM/10 is an incredible return for a 19 year old especially after only coming into a deflated team around late October.
Meh, pretty sure even I could score 13 goals in a Scottish season if I could run around for more than 5 minutes.

;