Deadline Day

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Busy 36 hours coming up? JT said he wanted to bring in 2/3 players. Firstly is the deadline tomorrow also for signing free agents? If not we can park the bus ref Pugh and Daniels for the time being and secondly is the foreign deadline also tomorrow (it’s usually later?).

Begovic has ‘commited’ for the season, so the potential keeper transfer is no longer an issue but we need back up for defensive injuries perhaps most likely Joel Latibeaudiere on loan from Man City?

Midfield and wings looks more than good enough interns of depth even if Brooks was to go.

So finally I guess a striker is priority assuming King is off (although did read last night that any potential transfer to Torino had fallen through) and even if he does stay we probably need another

I think the only concern of which we haven’t had so much in the premier league is a late swoop for players and not being able to replace them - including Adam Smith, Gosling, Kelly, S.Cook who have all been softly linked with other clubs and maybe a panic from other clubs for players we aren’t expecting bids for.

Could be an interesting day or so.

Last edited:
Busy 36 hours coming up? JT said he wanted to bring in 2/3 players. Firstly is the deadline tomorrow also for signing free agents? If not we can park the bus ref Pugh and Daniels for the time being and secondly is the foreign deadline also tomorrow (it’s usually later?).

Begovic has ‘commited’ for the season, so the potential keeper transfer is no longer an issue but we need back up for defensive injuries perhaps most likely Joel Latibeaudiere on loan from Man City?

Midfield and wings looks more than good enough interns of depth even if Brooks was to go.

So finally I guess a striker is priority assuming King is off (although did read last night that any potential transfer to Torino had fallen through) and even if he does stay we probably need another

I think the only concern of which we haven’t had so much in the premier league is a late swoop for players and not being able to replace them - including Adam Smith, Gosling, Kelly, S.Cook who have all been softly linked with other clubs and maybe a panic from other clubs for players we aren’t expecting bids for.

Could be an interesting day or so.
It’s only deadline day for continental transfers. The domestic window is open until the 16th. It’s a nothing day and the only reason sky sports are promoting it is this whole Sancho to Man Unt thing

It's going to be a horrible 11 days. We really need PL clubs to get loads of deals over the line during the next few days so there aren't glaring gaps in their respective squads for which they can only turn to the Championship for recruits.

They can't even buy from each other so us, Watford and Norwich will be the prime cuts they'll be looking to carve.

Had no idea...!

Transfer deadline day is on Monday October 5. However, to give clubs more time in the age of coronavirus, they will be able to do domestic transfers up until October 16. This will be for loans or permanent transfers between Premier League and EFL clubs.

It’s only deadline day for continental transfers. The domestic window is open until the 16th. It’s a nothing day and the only reason sky sports are promoting it is this whole Sancho to Man Unt thing
What? Man Urd are interested in Sancho?

So in effect...October 16 is the Deadline...albeit for 'domestic' transfers.

My 70th birthday on that day...too old to play but they can sign me as Common Sense Guru..i'm up for that !

Brian I can believe you that you’re approaching 70. But to tout yourself as a common sense guru? That’s just pure fantasy!!!:utc:

Reactions: sdr
Drawing a Navy pension?

Basically Yes...and Pusser is the word for General Supply and Admin of Naval affairs...including pensions.
It probably derived from the word ' Purser'.
Pussers Rum...Navy blend of 5 West Indian rums originally...and I think still about the same albeit now only available commercially..a massive store of it was kept in Gibraltar Rock.
The word 'Pusser' is extensively used in the Navy...attached to many aspects of the life...
I.e. ' pussers hard' was a basic issue of a bar of very basic carbolic soap...!

Not sure how it equates to Deadline Day !

Last edited:
Basically Yes...and Pusser is the word for General Supply and Admin of Naval affairs...including pensions.
It probably derived from the word ' Purser'.
Pussers Rum...Navy blend of 5 West Indian rums originally...and I think still about the same albeit now only available commercially..a massive store of it was kept in Gibraltar Rock.
The word 'Pusser' is extensively used in the Navy...attached to many aspects of the life...
I.e. ' pussers hard' was a basic issue of a bar of very basic carbolic soap !
Was an educated 'guess', my Dad and older brother were Navy so im familiar with some uses of Pusser, and of course the rum . I was the more intelligent one (and too tall for mess decks), so took the easy route and became a crab(fat)

Was an educated 'guess', my Dad and older brother were Navy so im familiar with some uses of Pusser, and of course the rum . I was the more intelligent one (and too tall for mess decks), so took the easy route and became a crab(fat)

Good stuff Gary....nothing much wrong with the ' crabfats' as we affectionately called you lot.
Well..not much wrong ..ha!
In fact many people consider the RAF ...the senior service..not so much the Navy..
I see them all equal.

Would be a strange one having failed to make the grade at Oldham and Kilmarnock but who knows.

One thing I picked up from Coventry is their fans were taken aback at the sheer size and athleticism of our team. Which isn't to say we have brick outhouse cloggers, more we have technical players who also have a big physical presence.

This guy is 5'9", the loan winger is small and Brooks isn't exactly a heavyweight. We need to be careful not to fall into the SOD trap and lightening up the team in in pursuit of pure technical skills.

;