Defoe off?

Wow. Whilst not a shock he's gone as he hasn't been playing and Mousset has been preferred as the option from the bench it does make the squad that little bit thinner.

We'll need someone in the squad as emergency backup in case of injury. Could it be a chance for Surridge to hang around in the background of the first team? You never know when opportunity may knock and what the outcome may be.

Meanwhile, that should free up a significant chunk of wages for us to bring someone in. Hello Nathaniel Clyne? Please.

Worth noting for future reference that according to the Sky reports, we have two recall options – summer 2019 and January 2020.

cockbeard

Fans' Favourite
If we mean his wages and not his wage equivalent then I think they'll be paying more than 30%

It comes down to whether we're paying him 60k or 85k, the 85k is including the signing on fee spread over length of contract, so his wages themselves are only the 60k (can't believe I said only), but even at that I can't see how Rangers could pay more than 40k

cockbeard

Fans' Favourite
I don’t disagree with you, personally I think we should have got a fee for him and be done with it. He isn’t going to get in the team again.
Not that easy though, we are either committed to paying full wages for 18 months. Nothing to stop JD refusing to accept a deal less than his current wages, and I doubt he'll get an offer that matches them. At least this way round we get a small amount of money back (on money we've already spent to all intents, despite not being on the books yet) and the option to bring him back if we have a spate of injuries or a big club come fishing

I know they don't have TV money like PL but they are massive club who get 60k at Ibrox and surely have some good sponsorships especially with Gerrard there they should be able to afford 60k a week easily.

AlGard

UTC Legend
I know they don't have TV money like PL but they are massive club who get 60k at Ibrox and surely have some good sponsorships especially with Gerrard there they should be able to afford 60k a week easily.

I can assure you they can't.
The Scots FA are over Rangers finances like a rash.