Jermain Defoe

I am so tired of this. It's utter garbage, put your money where your mouth is. I chose Julia's House, you choose a charity as well. If we get relegated I'll give them a hundred quid, if not you will. Let's see if you have the courage of your oft repeated convictions?

Unfortunately, the chances of bringing in a striker of any quality in the January transfer window will be very, very remote as they will be more expensive during this window as they will still be under contract at their clubs along with the simple fact that everybody is always looking for strikers at any time. The best available will be snapped up by the top six.
But we only will need a backup ST. Not a £50m star.

Wow. Whilst not a shock he's gone as he hasn't been playing and Mousset has been preferred as the option from the bench it does make the squad that little bit thinner.

We'll need someone in the squad as emergency backup in case of injury. Could it be a chance for Surridge to hang around in the background of the first team? You never know when opportunity may knock and what the outcome may be.

Meanwhile, that should free up a significant chunk of wages for us to bring someone in. Hello Nathaniel Clyne? Please.

Worth noting for future reference that according to the Sky reports, we have two recall options – summer 2019 and January 2020.

Sniff, sniff.

He scored ten in a row you know. I saw most of them too.

This deal probably makes sense, both for Defoe personally and for us financially (assuming a decent chunk of wages are covered). But I can't help feeling quite sad and nostalgic. He's a part of our history. Thanks for everything Jermain.

If we mean his wages and not his wage equivalent then I think they'll be paying more than 30%

It comes down to whether we're paying him 60k or 85k, the 85k is including the signing on fee spread over length of contract, so his wages themselves are only the 60k (can't believe I said only), but even at that I can't see how Rangers could pay more than 40k

;