Jermain Defoe

I don’t disagree with you, personally I think we should have got a fee for him and be done with it. He isn’t going to get in the team again.

Not that easy though, we are either committed to paying full wages for 18 months. Nothing to stop JD refusing to accept a deal less than his current wages, and I doubt he'll get an offer that matches them. At least this way round we get a small amount of money back (on money we've already spent to all intents, despite not being on the books yet) and the option to bring him back if we have a spate of injuries or a big club come fishing

I know they don't have TV money like PL but they are massive club who get 60k at Ibrox and surely have some good sponsorships especially with Gerrard there they should be able to afford 60k a week easily.

I know they don't have TV money like PL but they are massive club who get 60k at Ibrox and surely have some good sponsorships especially with Gerrard there they should be able to afford 60k a week easily.

I can assure you they can't.
The Scots FA are over Rangers finances like a rash.

Do tell how

There are enough "loose lips" behind the scenes at Rangers, with still lots of infighting.
I am sure something will be bought up about the finances for this at their monthly public seminar's.
Why, I might even ask a good friend to ask.

No further comment on how it will come out.

I can add . 2 recall options. July 2019, Jan 2020. (Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere)

Ah, I see it has.

Last edited:
A Rangers supporting mate has gotten all excited, so I gave him a rundown (I think he'll do well). He then asked what are the chants, I explained that we mostly sing about his ten in a row, but that might not be a subject you want to go near

We are paying a chunk of his wages. You don’t loan a player for 18 months. He will have said I’m not leaving for less cash (we were his last pay day). Nobody else would give him the 80k a week so we are in half way house scenario.

I am amazed by the amount people that forget the impact people can have behind the scenes. The wages spent on Defoe may have been a bargain for having him on the training ground, pushing our current strikers, improving our defenders etc...
We, as fans won't know, the players and the manager will.

Reactions: drd
The company that fund the club have a deficit that has grown each season since the club started out in the sfl in 2012.
Has Defoe got a non relegation, goal and win bonus clauses and who pays them?

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face,he was a free,so even with his high wages,he has probably cost us ten million.
Compare that with the disastrous purchases of Tomlin,Brad Smith and Lewis Grabban v2,then I think you will agree he has probably done more than those three put together for the club since he signed.

I am amazed by the amount people that forget the impact people can have behind the scenes. The wages spent on Defoe may have been a bargain for having him on the training ground, pushing our current strikers, improving our defenders etc...
We, as fans won't know, the players and the manager will.

Maybe but I doubt he's worth 8 times Howe's wage.

;