Demarai Gray - Latest

Never should have…….not bid for him
To be fair it was about seven years ago when we didn’t bid for him.
He might have improved a bit in that time ;)
But seriously, during the interim he was pretty useless so probably money well saved at the time. We’d have probably sold him to Wolves about three years ago and they would have sold him straight on for a profit :p

Improved ?... Jeepers ...t'man is fast becoming the new Pele....it had to happen.

During his Prime Hyped Time on this Forum i'm guilty of taking the p*ss...and suggesting was a mere 'fair weather' player and suchlike...how bad and humiliated do I feel now ? - 'Himilitated' and dramatically Demeraided..
As he guides Everton to glory..one time Golden Boy of an Afcb Vitals Thread...' -

ThreadLad Magnifique !...eventually to be relegating Ron Aldo from 6 Sportspages back to the Travel Pages and Financial sections of the daily Press !

A lesson for anyone apt to be too cocky with extracting the urine ! :unsure:

Last edited:
I was against us signing him in 2014 as it was scary rumoured money for an unknown young teen player in Championship, I didn't want anything distracting us from getting promotion in the season we did win the league at the Valley.

Looking back seven years later he's had a decent career won a PL title with Leicester so he can't have any regrets, he's got very good pace and a bit of the unknown that can change a game and he probably would've done well for Eddie to but I'd say in all honesty he's a poor man's Sterling and Sterling is not a complete player or finisher by any means but the same age and looks prolific compared to Gray. Gray had 19 league goals in 7 years prior to this purple patch with Everton, yes he's had a journey and experience has helped him but we'll have to see as he approaches his prime years.

I was against us signing him in 2014 as it was scary rumoured money for an unknown young teen player in Championship, I didn't want anything distracting us from getting promotion in the season we did win the league at the Valley.

Looking back seven years later he's had a decent career won a PL title with Leicester so he can't have any regrets, he's got very good pace and a bit of the unknown that can change a game and he probably would've done well for Eddie to but I'd say in all honesty he's a poor man's Sterling and Sterling is not a complete player or finisher by any means but the same age and looks prolific compared to Gray. Gray had 19 league goals in 7 years prior to this purple patch with Everton, yes he's had a journey and experience has helped him but we'll have to see as he approaches his prime years.

Thing is, Gray would have consistently played for us, I don;t think that happened at Leicester (could be wrong).

Would he have realized his potential quicker as a result... who knows.

But like you say, doubt he regrets it, winning league title wasn;t a given for him by a long shot.

Thing is, Gray would have consistently played for us, I don;t think that happened at Leicester (could be wrong).

But like you say, doubt he regrets it, winning league title wasn;t a given for him by a long shot.

Eddie would've given him alot more experience at his age and improved him but yeah he's got a PL medal, more than one of the greatest ever players in Steven Gerrard and for that he can have no regrets even as a bit part player.

The vast majority of his appearances were from the bench.

He had the chance to impress 3(?) Managers at Leicester and none of them thought he should have a long run or starts.

He was just way way too inconsistent and I think may have gone the way of Mings here.

Some people are just late developers and maybe his time in Germany has given him the chance to reset and possibly grow up a bit.

;