Denis Law

Is this another example of the footballers’ dementia crisis? Good luck DL - the best player I’ve ever seen live. He seemed to play on springs - elusive, all energy, with twists and turns. And what a combo with Best and Charlton … a privilege to have watched them.

I can't remember much about the friendly at Dean Court in '72, but I think Law played. But I certainly saw him in the flesh at least one time.

Went to the Dell once, just once (when weren't playing there) and it was solely to watch Law play for Man City. I am very pleased that I did.

Not sure, but wasn't that last goal, the one that sent United down?

A magnificent player. I met him when MUFC were staying at the Dormy Hotel. He signed autographs and chatted for ages. Top man. Sad news.

I can't remember much about the friendly at Dean Court in '72, but I think Law played. But I certainly saw him in the flesh at least one time.

Went to the Dell once, just once (when weren't playing there) and it was solely to watch Law play for Man City. I am very pleased that I did.

Not sure, but wasn't that last goal, the one that sent United down?

It was....and he didn't celebrate...
It was an easy tap in, albeit a sort of backheel... and people commented at the time that he didn't really try very hard to score !

I also saw Law play, just the once at the Dell, from a great viewing point in the box pens above the goal....in that game Charlton placed an incredible diagonal clearance pass from a Saints corner to Best, lurking on the halfway line..he powered forward and scored..Law bagged one too..but I don't think Manu won.. Chivers and/or Davies I think scored or Saints ..but I can't remember the final score or the season...must have been late 60's or very early 70's.

I saw Denis play for United a few times at the Dell and in games that were televised in the 60's and 70's. I've also met him a few times at football dinners. He's a super guy and a United legend.

From memory he was injured and never played in the European Cup final which United won.

I remember talking to Derek Ufton at a Kent Cricket match at Canterbury some years back about that famous 7-6 Charlton Athletic win over Huddersfield and he said Denis was the kitboy for Huddersfield that day.

This is sad news that highlights what could be a real crisis for football.

The huge number of high profile players getting dementia surely indicates that there must be a massive amount of footballers who played at a lower level, even Sunday league, with the same potential for dementia from heading.

I know the ball is much lighter these days, especially when wet, but stuff needs to be done pronto to ensure this trend is stopped.

It could mean rewriting the laws of the game?

This is sad news that highlights what could be a real crisis for football.

The huge number of high profile players getting dementia surely indicates that there must be a massive amount of footballers who played at a lower level, even Sunday league, with the same potential for dementia from heading.

I know the ball is much lighter these days, especially when wet, but stuff needs to be done pronto to ensure this trend is stopped.

It could mean rewriting the laws of the game?

Millions of women have had dementia too, they didn't play football.

Millions of women have had dementia too, they didn't play football.
That doesn't mean though...that men didn't get dementia from those heavy rain soaked balls..
Sides'
Women's brains are somewhat smaller anyway( not to say - not as sharp though)..so they would have been vulnerable to other contacts with their heads..I.e.intense fellatio or bashing their bonces on the washing machine door !

;