Diabolical and unacceptable

It'sRicotime

Trialist
Is the only way to describe that. I have long been part of the 'happy clapper' camp when reacting to defeat at this level, it is amazing that we are competing with the top clubs in the country enjoy the ride ect ect however today I find it impossible to take this perspective. The one thing I find totally unacceptable is a lack of effort, to say that Newcastle wanted it more than us today is a massive understatement, we just didn't even come close to competing with them in terms of effort and energy. Regardless of what league we are in this is simply not good enough. Like many others I have sacrificed a lot of time and money to support the team this weekend. It's okay for them, Jordan Ibe who rarely looks like bothering to break into a jog and frankly looks like he's won a competition to play in a premiere league match, Lewis cook who apparently can't play a five yard pass to a team mate, Nathan Ake who's battle with Robson can not even be described as man vs boy, more like man vs toddler. What I've just seen is pathetic and nowhere near good enough, it's okay for the above mentioned, they will be boarding their first class flight soon and be home in a couple of hours, while us fans who really care slog it away on the motorway. I accept we will get beaten more often than not at this level but I'm sorry but I can't accept that and it amazes me if anyone else who attended does. Rant over.

Is the only way to describe that. I have long been part of the 'happy clapper' camp when reacting to defeat at this level, it is amazing that we are competing with the top clubs in the country enjoy the ride ect ect however today I find it impossible to take this perspective. The one thing I find totally unacceptable is a lack of effort, to say that Newcastle wanted it more than us today is a massive understatement, we just didn't even come close to competing with them in terms of effort and energy. Regardless of what league we are in this is simply not good enough. Like many others I have sacrificed a lot of time and money to support the team this weekend. It's okay for them, Jordan Ibe who rarely looks like bothering to break into a jog and frankly looks like he's won a competition to play in a premiere league match, Lewis cook who apparently can't play a five yard pass to a team mate, Nathan Ake who's battle with Robson can not even be described as man vs boy, more like man vs toddler. What I've just seen is pathetic and nowhere near good enough, it's okay for the above mentioned, they will be boarding their first class flight soon and be home in a couple of hours, while us fans who really care slog it away on the motorway. I accept we will get beaten more often than not at this level but I'm sorry but I can't accept that and it amazes me if anyone else who attended does. Rant over.
Diabolical and unacceptable, two words that align with elements of your post...

Nope, this is more about me expecting a team full of premiere league footballers to at least put in 100% effort. We are 6th and in general this season we've been magnificent, but today was not acceptable and wouldn't be surprised if Eddie is conveying the same message to the players.

Nope, this is more about me expecting a team full of premiere league footballers to at least put in 100% effort. We are 6th and in general this season we've been magnificent, but today was not acceptable and wouldn't be surprised if Eddie is conveying the same message to the players.

Did you see the 2nd half?

We were very poor today, to be fair to the OP, Too many didn’t get off the bus for the first half. Second half was better but that the worst I seen us play this season (I missed the Burnley game).

Lewis Cook had a nightmare, Ake was really shaken up by Rondon and Callum didn’t get a look in.

Hope Smithy is ok.

:utc:

Well I didn’t think we were that bad . We’ll have good games and bad that’s why we’re not top of the league ... BTW Newcastle are in a false position .

It was a very poor first half compounded by the injury to Smith which was disastrous a season it means the hapless Francis will keep his place (he was beyond awful today)
Lerma got us back in it and I felt we were always good for a point and were always in the game.
Lerma goes off injured at half time weakening us further,but Ibe misses a great chance to level.
Not a great day at the office with a lot of poor performances.

Second half was slightly better,
Did you see the 2nd half?
Yeah I did. Did you see the first? A game of football is two halves, it's simply not good enough for a team of highly paid athletes to only decide to turn up for one. If I don't put in the required effort at my job for half the day then my boss isn't going to come and pat me on the back and say 'thanks for turning up for the second half of the day son.' why should it be acceptable for a professional football team?

There is a possibility that a few our players have got a bit complacent with being in the top six and the publicity that comes with it...add to that this week Callums call up..Eddies Manager award etc.
It only takes about two players not giving it 100% with a determined hard-driven opposition on their own patch and your up against it from kick off!
Ibe..even when in a drama situation he appears to be in a trance...in the 4-3 Liverpool win his pass to Cook under pressure from two defenders was done with such an air of casuality( albeit very skillful) . Take another look at it on u-tube!
Even in that heated moment he seemed 'detached'. He really is odd!

Do you have an example of this not trying thing ? Don’t say Ibe not tracking back that’s what he doesn’t do every match

The last piece of the jigsaw for Eddie with this team is consistency.

Didn’t turn up with energy or desire for Burnley, Southampton or today. Had it in bucket loads for the other games. It’s like we get power house for 2 out of 3 games.

Ibe is like starting with ten men and his selection defies belief but to be fair he didn’t start against Saints or Burnley so it’s a bigger issue.

I do wonder if the swirling wind played a major part. One dreadful pass on right wing ended being brilliant, with Fraser running on to it and creating a goal scoring opportunity.

;