Did JT do a good job?

Everything I said is fact,yes we were dropping but who knows whether he would have halted it or not.fact are he left us sixth we finished 6th.

we could say that about anything. informed decisions have to be made at some point.

Difficult one. He shouldn’t have been given the job, people close to the club and ex players have told me that. Clearly not a manager. The club wanted Parker but then Fulham squeezed up via the play offs and the deal was off.

He then showed he wasn’t a manager but I guess it’s a little unfair to knock him too much if he shouldn’t have been put in the position, especially after all he did as an assistant.

Ironically, we then thought we were getting Parker when we sacked him but Fulham scraped two wins and he survived… which meant a panic appointment of Woody, another nice guy who wasn’t a manager.

The fact the team still made the play offs tell you everything you need to know about the strength of the squad.

Blake finally secured Parker at the third attempt and so far you can see why the pursuit was so keen.

Difficult one. He shouldn’t have been given the job, people close to the club and ex players have told me that. Clearly not a manager. The club wanted Parker but then Fulham squeezed up via the play offs and the deal was off.

He then showed he wasn’t a manager but I guess it’s a little unfair to knock him too much if he shouldn’t have been put in the position, especially after all he did as an assistant.

Ironically, we then thought we were getting Parker when we sacked him but Fulham scraped two wins and he survived… which meant a panic appointment of Woody, another nice guy who wasn’t a manager.

The fact the team still made the play offs tell you everything you need to know about the strength of the squad.

Blake finally secured Parker at the third attempt and so far you can see why the pursuit was so keen.

We've got a stronger squad now and have started the same as Tindall. Ultimately he wasn't good enough but he wasn't as useless as many try to say. He turned around a gutless squad that completely lacked confidence for the previous 18 months and had them winning games. He wasn't as rigid with his formations as many are trying to suggest and he was certainly able to change things during games to improve our second half performances.

At least there seems to be more understanding of why the board made the two decisions they did - plan A went south. Their plan B initially worked but they didn't hang about when the rot set back in. Plan C had us a dodgy pen and silly red card away from Wembley.

From the luton game the team began to struggle for results. JT took over from Eddie players went and no pmayers came in for money.king had been.promised a move and when it didn't come about he downed tools.JT left the side in 6th place when sacked and that's where we finished. For me he did a good job under the circumstances others will differ.only way we would have k own is if he had finished the season .Think we will Ser him back with Eddie as number 2 sooner rather than.later.

Lucky Woodgate 100% has the job isn’t it

We've got a stronger squad now and have started the same as Tindall. Ultimately he wasn't good enough but he wasn't as useless as many try to say. He turned around a gutless squad that completely lacked confidence for the previous 18 months and had them winning games. He wasn't as rigid with his formations as many are trying to suggest and he was certainly able to change things during games to improve our second half performances.

At least there seems to be more understanding of why the board made the two decisions they did - plan A went south. Their plan B initially worked but they didn't hang about when the rot set back in. Plan C had us a dodgy pen and silly red card away from Wembley.
It’s interesting, and all about opinions but I don’t think this years squad is stronger. I’d say it’s same standard but with one player that shouldn’t have been at this level last year who bailed both JT and Woody out continually with his brilliance. Other than that Cahill and Cook are similar, King is better than Lowe, Zemura better than Rico…I think the squad LOOK better this year I agree with that but that’s down to decent management rather than personnel in my opinion.

It’s interesting, and all about opinions but I don’t think this years squad is stronger. I’d say it’s same standard but with one player that shouldn’t have been at this level last year who bailed both JT and Woody out continually with his brilliance. Other than that Cahill and Cook are similar, King is better than Lowe, Zemura better than Rico…I think the squad LOOK better this year I agree with that but that’s down to decent management rather than personnel in my opinion.
Sorry but cahill is way better than cook, king hardly played last year, no mention of danjuma, who won us games on his own, Stan scored goals last year, but hardly played this.
My view is we have much more strength in depth this season, so will be better placed with injuries. A host of the youth have shown they can do a job, they weren't probably ready last year. Plus dom etc are that much more experienced

How on earth can you believe we have a stronger squad now having lost Danjuma who was arguably the best player in the league after Buendia, and our player of the season in Begovic? We are a better team now because of how they’re being managed but let’s be real, the squad last season was stronger. Frankly with the quality we had I’d have backed any other of the 23 managers in the league to have achieved top six minimum with the group we had. Not to mention Stan was available for most of last season and has barely appeared so far. If JT had this group now we’d be bellow mid table.

I don't think it's even close tbh.

JT had Danjuma, King, Rico, Surridge, Riquelme available to him. Only Danjuma is a big miss out if those. King has been shite for over two years.

CCV wasn't really available to JT for the vast majority of his time so I wouldn't include him in last season's squad when talking about JTs performance. Likewise Long.

Pearson, Cahill, Lowe, Christie, Rogers etc all improve us much more than the departures deplete us imo.

Then you have the kids, some of which were available last year but you couldn't really say JA and JZ were as key a part if the squad last year as this.

How on earth can you believe we have a stronger squad now having lost Danjuma who was arguably the best player in the league after Buendia, and our player of the season in Begovic? We are a better team now because of how they’re being managed but let’s be real, the squad last season was stronger. Frankly with the quality we had I’d have backed any other of the 23 managers in the league to have achieved top six minimum with the group we had. Not to mention Stan was available for most of last season and has barely appeared so far. If JT had this group now we’d be bellow mid table.

We 100% have a stronger squad now.

A little ironic discussing JT when some of the similar traits are still around. Top of the league is papering over some of the cracks. Yet again another team's change of tactics today went virtually unchallenged. Of course it is too early to tell with SP.

JT has his rightful place in our history but sadly not as a manager. Move on.

I don't think it's even close tbh.

JT had Danjuma, King, Rico, Surridge, Riquelme available to him. Only Danjuma is a big miss out if those. King has been shite for over two years.

CCV wasn't really available to JT for the vast majority of his time so I wouldn't include him in last season's squad when talking about JTs performance. Likewise Long.

Pearson, Cahill, Lowe, Christie, Rogers etc all improve us much more than the departures deplete us imo.

Then you have the kids, some of which were available last year but you couldn't really say JA and JZ were as key a part if the squad last year as this.
Begovic? Our player or the year? Or shouldn’t we count him.
I think you are missing my point. The squad this year look stronger.. I’m not disputing that but that’s down to good coaching.

Anthony and Zemura not being a key part of the squad last year is a weak argument. They could have been… with a decent manager developing them. They were here.

It would have been interesting to see Parker manage King too, a player better than Solanke and Lowe not that he showed it but it doesn’t change the fact he is.

On paper I still maintain this years squad is no better. On grass… well that’s different but that difference is coaching.

Sorry but cahill is way better than cook, king hardly played last year, no mention of danjuma, who won us games on his own, Stan scored goals last year, but hardly played this.
My view is we have much more strength in depth this season, so will be better placed with injuries. A host of the youth have shown they can do a job, they weren't probably ready last year. Plus dom etc are that much more experienced
There was a huge mention of Danjuma, I didn’t name him but thought the description was obvious. Him and Begovic won us many games on their own and were everyone’s one and two for player of the year. Neither here now which kind of accentuates my point that this years squad is no stronger, it’s not weaker either though, I’m not arguing that.

Begovic? Our player or the year? Or shouldn’t we count him.
I think you are missing my point. The squad this year look stronger.. I’m not disputing that but that’s down to good coaching.

Anthony and Zemura not being a key part of the squad last year is a weak argument. They could have been… with a decent manager developing them. They were here.

It would have been interesting to see Parker manage King too, a player better than Solanke and Lowe not that he showed it but it doesn’t change the fact he is.

On paper I still maintain this years squad is no better. On grass… well that’s different but that difference is coaching.

Yes we're definitely weaker in goal, mind you if you were to go back to the comments of people on here pre season then Begovic was our weakest link and it was almost unanimous that he shouldn't play for us again. He'd been crap last time he played for us so who gets the credit for his good form?

I don't agree about ZA and JZ but it's a circular argument. At some point they were definitely too young and inexperienced and then they were ready. We can argue until the cows come home about when this happened. If we'd not had injuries at the start if this season they probably wouldn't have got their chance under Parker.

You reckon Parker would have been able to do what Carlo Ancelotti couldn't with King?

I've explained in detail in my response to Neil. Basically you're saying Danjuma makes last year's squad better than this year's despite five or more other players being better than those we've lost since last year.
Begovic? Our player of the season who won us countless points with his heroics? Tindal had Anthony and Zemura available, they both looked very good in flashes too. He chose not to use them. He also had Stan available for the majority of games, arguably our best player. Parker hasn’t had that luxury.

Begovic? Our player of the season who won us countless points with his heroics? Tindal had Anthony and Zemura available, they both looked very good in flashes too. He chose not to use them. He also had Stan available for the majority of games, arguably our best player. Parker hasn’t had that luxury.

See my other answer on Begovic. What were you saying about him pre season?

You honestly thing Anthony and Zemura we at the same level last season as they are this? With another year training with the first team and getting chances here and there? Honestly?

So are you saying that injured players shouldn't be included in squads? You realise that JTs squad had shitloads of injuries right?

Just for fun I had a quick look to see your pre-season opinions on how good Begovic was.

Asmir was the worst gk in the league last season by quite some distance, what does he expect? It’s a passionate game and supporters want their team to succeed. If you’d only performed at an adequate level last year you’d have nothing to moan about. It says a lot when the only taker for him was an Azerbaijani team, jog on and good riddance.

Pray to God we can offload this guy. Callum being linked to Newcastle for 20m too, yes please!!

Didn't sound like you thought much of him until JT was his manager.

;