Diego Rico

I know. Moved to vitals to escape him and all his alter-egos. Hoping he’s not lurking here somewhere? General quality of comment and discussion on here much higher, thank fcuk. Spend 99% of my time reading rather than commenting and almost always find it worthwhile.
Reason I came here the same.Thankfully he only lasted a couple of months,it still makes me smile that he changed his user name but continued to post his usual negative manner ranting.And then he claimed he deleted his account because of the abuse he was getting

His interception stats are great because he consistently fails to get goal side of his man. If you mark goal side you are not going to get many interceptions but you are going to stop a hell of a lot more goal-scoring chances than he does. There’s a reason why EH then JT and now JW don’t want to play him (with a right footer getting the nod ahead of him when we’ve got two right-footers available). And it’s because he can’t defend ... not because he can’t attack
Unfortunately have to agree. Really want to like Rico as think he is genuinely a decent bloke but unfortunately he isn't that good.
He frequently passes to the other side, is very one paced, one footed, doesn't track runners particularly well and can lose his bearings and dive in like we saw on weds.
He does put in the occasional good cross and had a period last season where he put in some good corners.
Think his best position is left of a CB pairing of 3 where he does seem much more comfortable but as don't want us playing that formation then hope not to see him there!

His interception stats are great because he consistently fails to get goal side of his man. If you mark goal side you are not going to get many interceptions but you are going to stop a hell of a lot more goal-scoring chances than he does. There’s a reason why EH then JT and now JW don’t want to play him (with a right footer getting the nod ahead of him when we’ve got two right-footers available). And it’s because he can’t defend ... not because he can’t attack
If he really can't defend and iyo doesn't know how to mark goal side why has he looked incredible when played as a LCB?......i'd have thought 'defending' and marking goal side would be two major requirements of that role tbf...........i've never been a fan of his as a left back because he just didn't look like the type of full back we needed......stick him in the Burnley team and i'm sure he'd look fine....in fact if he joined a club who liked to play with 3 at the back as a LCB he'd be an absolute bargain ......he just doesn't 'fit' here.

Lots of our fans pointing the finger at Rico yesterday when Stacey and Cookie were as bad.....in fact I think Stacy was worse.
I don't for one minute believe that Rico made the decision to mark a player on the other side of the pitch for a throw in on his own....that hat to have been an instruction from Woodgate....if not why isn't he screaming for Rico to get back into position?
I've never been a fan of Rico as a left back but he seems to be an easy target for some while others in our team get away with murder.

Lots of our fans pointing the finger at Rico yesterday when Stacey and Cookie were as bad.....in fact I think Stacy was worse.
I don't for one minute believe that Rico made the decision to mark a player on the other side of the pitch for a throw in on his own....that hat to have been an instruction from Woodgate....if not why isn't he screaming for Rico to get back into position?
I've never been a fan of Rico as a left back but he seems to be an easy target for some while others in our team get away with murder.
Fans are naturally more forgiving to players who do occasionally put in good performances. Stacey was very poor yesterday but against Swansea was outstanding. Every player will have bad games, some players will have bad games every week (give or take) because they aren’t very good footballers in the first place, Rico falls into this category. He’s positionally horrific, lacks pace, dives in constantly, and his crossing is beyond terrible. He has virtually no redeeming qualities as a full back.

All the back four were shocking yesterday.

Stacey did drop a clanger on Saturday but generally you sense he will improve in time. Unfortunately with Rico you just think he's about as good as he'll ever be, which is to say mediocre at best, sadly. I feel bad for the guy. It's time to take a risk with Zemura. He's clearly talented and his enthusiasm would make up for lack of experience.

Stacey did drop a clanger on Saturday but generally you sense he will improve in time. Unfortunately with Rico you just think he's about as good as he'll ever be, which is to say mediocre at best, sadly. I feel bad for the guy. It's time to take a risk with Zemura. He's clearly talented and his enthusiasm would make up for lack of experience.
Kelly has looked alright at LB in recent games and supports Danjuma well. With this season delicately poised, I don't think now is the time to take a risk with Zemura.

It was more than just the clanger of a pass....watch the first goal....it's actually comical....you don't see defending like that very often.

None of our back four were any good v Soton...Stacey giving the ball away and a couple of stupid free kicks...CCV his poorest game for us!...Cook is past his best at the top level IMO...Rico hasn’t really got the nouse when defending and his passing is poor most of the time..we won’t get promoted with them and Begovic has saved them on many occasions this season...

None of our back four were any good v Soton...Stacey giving the ball away and a couple of stupid free kicks...CCV his poorest game for us!...Cook is past his best at the top level IMO...Rico hasn’t really got the nouse when defending and his passing is poor most of the time..we won’t get promoted with them and Begovic has saved them on many occasions this season...
I don't know how you can say that about Cook, who has only made a couple of mistakes all season and CCV, played poorly yesterday but has been outstanding for us so far!

Reports in Spain that he’s due to sign for them. If we’ve managed to get any kind of decent fee then we’ve played an absolute blinder, as a full back I don’t think he’s even league one standard. Very good as a left centre back in a three, but we are very unlikely to play that imo.

;