Diego Rico

Perhaps all the speculation of him wanting to return to Spain and being homesick wasn’t so true. Only time will tell. I’d love him to stick around, has fantastic vision and 90% of his corners are pretty decent plus he’s made a huge number of interceptions

Millwall away FA cup, never forget! One of the most inept and pathetic full back performances I've ever seen. The bloke was terrified of being near the ball in that atmosphere, near the touchline, with the home crowd on his back. Smith got battered from start to finish by his opposite numbers. You could tell he hadn't played much competitive football, and too much sterile big club bubble football.

Have to see what a stint at Cardiff has done for him I guess. Who knows maybe theyll want him, but think he's been a bench player for them mostly.
I can’t remember there being much atmosphere at all that day, even from Millwall who couldn’t believe how easy it was. Might be a bit different this season in a ‘competitive’ match though.

We're lightish defensively anyway so do doubt it'll happen, and if it does I certainly hope not a loan deal

Just heard Alex Crook doing transfers on talk sport saying Rico is a potential target for Sheffield Utd who are after a defender. Surely we can't afford to lose Rico, must be our left sided option going forward?

Would imagine Rico was part of the discussions with Rodrigo, to help him settle etc.so

This is just some keen eyed person seeing that we have potentially have 6 players (if you include Charlie) that have played left back in the current squad.

More likely for me would be the extra right full back cover that would come from Cameron-Vickers leading to A Smith being sold, and if Charlie can be fit before 15 October, Simpson or Zemura out on loan to league 1 to Jan.

Just heard Alex Crook doing transfers on talk sport saying Rico is a potential target for Sheffield Utd who are after a defender. Surely we can't afford to lose Rico, must be our left sided option going forward?

I wouldn’t believe this until I hear Chris Wilder come out and say he doesn’t want to talk about other people’s players, but he would love to see Rico as a blade one day.

;