Do we have ...

We are a strange breed, modern Cherries fans...not in a necessarily or deliberately bad way...but just strange.
It seems its not purely about what goes on, on the pitch any more.
Years ago it was about 'Saturday'...the game...the result.....now we indulge in such ridiculous trivia....I even find myself getting drawn in..!
I'm sure its the American influence on our culture generally ..I've been to Baseball in New York.. Its bizarre....we are going that way with 'Stats/assists...and Money issues...and bloody cameras ! .

internet and forums. before it was just chatting with mates and people down the pub before the game.

bigger platform to to discuss everything.

Watching Middlesbro v someone from 1975, on The Big Match Revisited, kept calling Graham Souness "Sow-ness"

I still think Artur Boruc had one of the most mispronounced names in AFCB history.

The common consensus was (incorrectly) "Bo-rich".

Correctly it should be "Bo-ruts".

Who can forget away tannoy announcers trying to pronounce Michael McElhatton?

I struggled to pronounce his name for a while; same with Nnamdi Ofoborh (Nathan Nnamdi Ugochukwu Benjamin Asigboro Ofoborh, to give his full name) however it's possibly a little unfair on stadium announcers, given our own, pronounced a Lieutenant in the Devon & Dorsets as a loo-tenant, rather than a lef-tenant. Obviously the word lieu is pronounced loo contextually, as in 'lieu-day' or 'in lieu of..' and Beau Gest is Bo jezt but we get Beaulieu as Bew-lee

In Ireland, Niamh, is pronounced Neve, Siobahn, is Shh-vorn and I knew at least one Irish Suun (Sean) as a boy. Chuck in -gh being pronounced as a k in Ireland - Lough Neagh is the largest lake in the British Isles and pronounced Lock Nay - and sympathies should abound for all (except stadium announcers and military ranks ;))

I struggled to pronounce his name for a while; same with Nnamdi Ofoborh (Nathan Nnamdi Ugochukwu Benjamin Asigboro Ofoborh, to give his full name) however it's possibly a little unfair on stadium announcers, given our own, pronounced a Lieutenant in the Devon & Dorsets as a loo-tenant, rather than a lef-tenant. Obviously the word lieu is pronounced loo contextually, as in 'lieu-day' or 'in lieu of..' and Beau Gest is Bo jezt but we get Beaulieu as Bew-lee

In Ireland, Niamh, is pronounced Neve, Siobahn, is Shh-vorn and I knew at least one Irish Suun (Sean) as a boy. Chuck in -gh being pronounced as a k in Ireland - Lough Neagh is the largest lake in the British Isles and pronounced Lock Nay - and sympathies should abound for all (except stadium announcers and military ranks ;))

Lee Mack does a hilarious routine about the Irish names.

I'm a Sean and have had a lot of people think it's pronounced See-an in the past. Not so much now though. We decided to call one of our girls Aoife, no one seems to have a clue a) how to pronounce it if they see it written or b) spell it if they're told her name. Lovely name, but by God is she going to be annoyed by telling people how to spell/pronounce it through her life!

I'm a Sean and have had a lot of people think it's pronounced See-an in the past. Not so much now though. We decided to call one of our girls Aoife, no one seems to have a clue a) how to pronounce it if they see it written or b) spell it if they're told her name. Lovely name, but by God is she going to be annoyed by telling people how to spell/pronounce it through her life!
Is it pronounced Weef?

Sorry there may be many personal reasons....but I have to say, why ?....o_O
Nothing personal at all really, just saw the name and loved it! I do have Irish family, the wife is Scottish so links to the Celts there, but didn't really have any bearing. I saw a TV presenter with it, had never seen it before so looked into it, nothing more than that! Very popular name in Ireland.

;