Dubai

I think it’s kind of standard these days. In PL money terms it’s a drop in the ocean as flights not huge and they will tap sponsors up I’m sure.

Training, even with an inventive manager like Eddie, becomes very repetitive and I think these trips have become quite essential.

Travelling players from COWs:

Asmir Begovic
Artur Boruc
Matt Butcher
Nathaniel Clyne
Charlie Daniels
Steve Cook
Diego Rico
Adam Smith
Andrew Surman
Dan Gosling
Jordon Ibe
Junior Stanislas
Emerson Hyndman
Lys Mousset
Sam Surridge
Jack Simpson
Simon Francis
Lewis Cook
Ryan Fraser (to join Scotland national team following fixture against Kazakhstan)

7 out of 19 injured...

Saying that no Taylor or Ofoborh who both train with the first team...

They had a chance to travel during the last break we had, I spotted a few other PL clubs did so but we stayed here and trained as normal. So I have no issues with them getting some sun now.

Looking at the list of players travelling to Dubai 8 of them are injured or recovering from injury. Probably insufficient fit players to have a meaningful 5 a side match.

If there is one thing I will never miss from the PL and Championship if we ever slide back......its the breaks...a total unecessary thing and a rip off when you consider what salaries they are on....I would suggest a strike by fans at some point in the near future.... or a mass walk out at all grounds!

Arsenal here next week too and play a game on Tuesday at the main training base all the clubs use (in Nad Al Sheba), so not sure where we will be training.

Edit: Seems we're at Nad Al Sheba and I got the wrong week, Arsenal play a game next Tuesday.

Last edited:
How is lounging around in air conditioned hotels playing silly games online, f'king about with Phillipino or Chinese chambermaids( clyne to organise) or lounging prostrate by a swimming pool in stifling heat good preparation for a cold 90 minutes at Leicester with Vardy tearing into the penalty area at 90 mph?

How is lounging around in air conditioned hotels playing silly games online, f'king about with Phillipino or Chinese chambermaids( clyne to organise) or lounging prostrate by a swimming pool in stifling heat good preparation for a cold 90 minutes at Leicester with Vardy tearing into the penalty area at 90 mph?
So Bill, do you think no other team does these mid season training breaks. Perhaps leicester have already done theirs and thats why they have improved a bit lately...........

A lot of people on here like to point out the need to improve our training ground and rightly so. I’d hazard a guess the facilities in Dubai are vastly superior to ours. Seems logical to take advantage while we have no matches due.

So Bill, do you think no other team does these mid season training breaks. Perhaps leicester have already done theirs and thats why they have improved a bit lately...........

No! I dont think that!

I just dont like the practice full stop...any club!

They do their main job for 90 minutes each week( some of them) and get 2 months off in the Summer for circa £100,000 a week!

Dubai...is more holiday than it is a gruelling training session in most peoples eyes........those that are not aligned with that notion are naive....in my opinion.
Im quite happy for my attitude to be scorned on and labelled.
The result at Leicester will be neither improved nor otherwise...in my opinion.

If our training facilities at DC are not good enough....how have we acheived our best results and our position in the league?

If however those facilities were not getting the players fit enough..or indeed were contributing to our unusually bad injury situation ..thats another question! It has been said though that they are among the fittest in the PL.

Last edited:
...Dubai...is more holiday than it is a gruelling training session in most peoples eyes........those that are not aligned with that notion are naive....in my opinion....

So what about all the other British athletes who train overseas?

Mo Farah spent most of his career training in other countries but in your world he
should have prepared for London 2012 by trudging around Kings Park Common!

Sport has moved on a bit since you were having a pie and a pint at half time.

If our training facilities at DC are not good enough....how have we acheived our best results and our position in the league.

If however those facilities were not getting the players fit enough..or indeed were contributing to our unusually bad injury situation ..thats another question! It has been said though that they are among the fittest in the PL.

I took a walk around the training pitches a few weeks back .It looks shabby and like its on its last legs but what do I know as it obviously does the job. Pop down to Canford where the development squad play and its laughable that a PL club has these facilities. Seeing multi million pound players playing on what are no more than park pitches, very little drainage, swapping pitches at half time when its raining and cutting up., all very basic.

Perhaps with facilities like this Eddie likes treating them to what must be undoubted luxury and excellent facilities in Dubai, plus the weather of course. I'm not an athlete but even at my crap level of fitness I know that warm weather improves performance, reduces warm up times etc and probably does a whole lot more.

So what about all the other British athletes who train overseas?

Mo Farah spent most of his career training in other countries but in your world he
should have prepared for London 2012 by trudging around Kings Park Common!

Sport has moved on a bit since you were having a pie and a pint at half time.
Mo can do his thing ...OK with me....very self disciplined, intelligent bloke.....vastly different than 80 % of footballers !
Most Sport has moved on....Football has moved sideways and backwards since it became more of a Business than a Sport.

Pie or pasty before or at halftime..yeah....sometimes a pint..usually Tea though! Not much different than most others now!

Last edited:
You’re becoming a bit of a miserable sod lately Bill.

I don’t know why you continue to follow football when you appear to have such a dislike of everything about the modern game?
Or perhaps you would prefer to live still in the 1950's?

;