Dubai

Im not really miserable in the way you are imagining.....ive just got a thing about how Money is dominating football! Ive also got a thing about ' herd ' mentality....I wont bore you with that!
Having spent several periods in Dubai in the 90s ..I disliked it immensely -there was a lot of hypocrisy involving Laws etc....its probably improved now its grown bigger with more attention on it.
I think Boscombes players need toughening up mentally and physically not cosseted and pampered!

Tell me something.....does anyone actually Enjoy having to wait during these breaks for two whole weeks before the next Afcb game.
I hate it...even though I can usually manage to find a non league game to keep amused! All those years with 46 matches to savour has probably tainted my view!

Ive just got back from 2 hours walking around a small reservoir on Bodmin Moor. Got blown around a bit by high winds!.... Had a quick look back through my posts on this thread...mmm! ...on reflection not very upbeat are they.....so I will have to subject myself to an introspection session...I dont want to end up like 'M' !
I would like though, to refer to Footballers..not Athletes!
Having said that.....we were( are?) Bournemouth and Boscombe Athletic!
Geez ..im all at Sea!

In fairness bill, it’s been really windy and sandy with a visibility of probably 500m today (just a guess as can’t see far out the window, by no means scientific!). Perhaps they’re expecting a sandstorm in Leicester?

Listen lads I spent most of my formative Cherries years looking forward to home games against Darlington and Torquay and maybe bumping into Tony Priscott outside the newsagents in Moordown.....now I watch unbelievably attractive attacking football in just about every game so if the owners want to take a squad less players on international duty ... yes we are talking the Cherries here international duty something Bumstead and Jimmy White never aspired to.......I Don’t Give A Flying Fig......

End of!

3 days into the ' break' and Eddies in a Pacing Rant :

Jason: "Whats up No 1?"

Eddie: " Whats up? whats up?...... Half of the lads havnt turned up for training...theyve f' ked off somewhere ....go and find em No2"

An hour later Jason returns alone. " Its Ok No1...they are down the road..they bumped into some Watford players by the Swimming Pool and they are treating them to a Special Sequence Diving Demo .....Watford are in Semi of the Cup! "
" Thats Ok then..but what about Clyner ? ..he disappeared last night ! "

" Um. ..errf... i fink he is wiv the Watford Wags ...doing the Muff Diving and Gymnastics Demo.. No 1"
" FFS Jase.....we shoulda listened to that miserable old git on the Forum "

Sorry, think I might join Bill & be another grumpy old sod on this one!

When Eddie says "it's something we've done historically and it has always given players a bit of a lift"
I can't help but think ah bless 'em they only earn obscene cash every week, own whatever car/home they desire, have more holidays than teachers, "work" (play football) approx 60hours a year if selected & uninjured, if injured they have access to the best medical care etc etc.... yep it sounds like I begrudge them all this well one thing is for sure I certainly don't feel sorry for them & think they need a few treats to give them a bit of a lift!

I will be up at Leicester cheering them on but no doubt if it's a naff performance this thread will almost certainly reappear, how relevant it would be is up for debate especially when so many are on international duty which makes the trip appear even more of a jolly & keep them sweet exercise.

Sorry, think I might join Bill & be another grumpy old sod on this one!

When Eddie says "it's something we've done historically and it has always given players a bit of a lift"
I can't help but think ah bless 'em they only earn obscene cash every week, own whatever car/home they desire, have more holidays than teachers, "work" (play football) approx 60hours a year if selected & uninjured, if injured they have access to the best medical care etc etc.... yep it sounds like I begrudge them all this well one thing is for sure I certainly don't feel sorry for them & think they need a few treats to give them a bit of a lift!

I will be up at Leicester cheering them on but no doubt if it's a naff performance this thread will almost certainly reappear, how relevant it would be is up for debate especially when so many are on international duty which makes the trip appear even more of a jolly & keep them sweet exercise.

It's pointless comparing top level athletes with the rest of us in regular type jobs. Eddie's job is to give them the edge of their opponents not to worry about how much time off regular Joe's get.

Besides, any employer should treat their employees as well as they can if they want to maximise performance.

You're right about the scrutiny if they are rubbish at Leicester though. I think this is the reason they didn't go away in their free weekend caused by limping out of the cup - would have been dreadful PR.

No chance they get 12 weeks or whatever teachers get. World Cup players only end up with about 2 weeks in the off season

But they aren't very busy for most days of the week.

Don't see Prem footballers having to worry about breeching the 48 hour maximum working week. It isn't like they go home and do the washng up, cut the grass, paint the garage and worry how to make the next mortgage/rent payment.

I hope they have a spring in their step against Leicester otherwise the trip will look suspiciousy like a jolly.

But they aren't very busy for most days of the week.

Don't see Prem footballers having to worry about breeching the 48 hour maximum working week. It isn't like they go home and do the washng up, cut the grass, paint the garage and worry how to make the next mortgage/rent payment.

I hope they have a spring in their step against Leicester otherwise the trip will look suspiciousy like a jolly.
But the only starters from the jolly will be.
Boric, Clyne, Daniels, Gosling.

I can understand some of Bill’s complaints - the money is obscene but you need to look at just how big the Prem League is globally. I know it’s easy to question the players earning big sums with new cars and top of the range watches but I have no doubt that the cherries players work damn hard under Eddie. A lot of new players have commented on how intensive the training is.

Most players really look after their bodies now unlike the old days which is why clyne’s antics are surprising and newsworthy. The pace and intensity of matches is tough and media scrutiny of errors means the mental pressure is tough too. Not as tough as a nurse on AE or police on duty at closing time of course but it’s all relative.

Thus have no issue with this trip. Less forgiving on those players who now avoid fans seeking autographs on matchday though!

I can understand some of Bill’s complaints - the money is obscene but you need to look at just how big the Prem League is globally. I know it’s easy to question the players earning big sums with new cars and top of the range watches but I have no doubt that the cherries players work damn hard under Eddie. A lot of new players have commented on how intensive the training is.

Most players really look after their bodies now unlike the old days which is why clyne’s antics are surprising and newsworthy. The pace and intensity of matches is tough and media scrutiny of errors means the mental pressure is tough too. Not as tough as a nurse on AE or police on duty at closing time of course but it’s all relative.

Thus have no issue with this trip. Less forgiving on those players who now avoid fans seeking autographs on matchday though!

I used to hunt autographs, I don't understand the idea these days.

;