Non - Sean Dyche

...diving is part of the game, but things like Mitrovic rolling (from last match v Huddersfield) around trying to con refs into getting a fellow professional sent of should be clamped down on firmly by the rulemakers...with an automatic six match ban!

...diving is part of the game, but things like Mitrovic rolling (from last match v Huddersfield) around trying to con refs into getting a fellow professional sent of should be clamped down on firmly by the rulemakers...with an automatic six match ban!

Diving is part of the game, but trying to con the ref...its just not right.

Killing someone is just a part of life, but murder? Needs to be clamped down on!

Just because we've put up with something for almost 30 years now, doesn't mean we should continue to do so. Probably shouldn't have put up with it in the first place, poor parenting, have created an expectation

...tell me as an outsider what do you think of the human race?

Was just pointing out your complete lack of logic; diving is just a part of the game, but conning the ref is bad?? They're both methods of conning the ref. Bit harsh to label me "not human" for that! :grinning:

Well, if they eliminate diving, can they then stop the move I hate. Where the guy kicks the ball 30 yards high and 100 yards beyond the goal, followed by the hands on the back or side of the head combined with the utter look of disbelief of missing by inches. Hate the look, but the TV people love it and zoom in every time.

...ALL cheating should be stamped out of the game...diving,shirt pulling,blatant time wasting and conning refs into issuing red and yellow cards...but it never will be even with VAR...to cure the problem only deducting points from teams will do the trick IMO....apologies to NWC98 only joking of course!

Report by Sky sports that Sean Dyche had been warned by other managers that continually complaining about players diving will damage his career! To me it is a huge blight on the game and needs dealing with. We are no saints ourselves and have a couple of players that are getting a reputation for diving but it is getting to much in the game. Martial on Saturday for example was a clear dive and should have been booked. Ironically his actions didn't get booked but led to Lerma having a skirmish , getting booked and missing out next game. Im not a great fan of Dyche but on this subject he is spot on. Our current crop of PL refs aren't up to the grade and players know this and also know that diving in certain situations will get them the decision.
Retrospective banning of a player for 1 match would stop this but have the FA got the balls to do anything about it?

This is something that VAR should be used for. Not to check the referee's decision and pause the game, but just in the next break in play book the player for diving. Martial incident and C.Wilson's incident were perfect examples of this. Ref doesn't give penner for Martial and doesn't book Wilson for diving.
VAR review the incident as the game carries on, then if either one warranted a yellow the ref then books them because VAR told him to. Doesn't change the flow of the game, but should then start to stamp out the diving if the players know they're being watched and punished for everything.

His teams also time waste too. Football is full of hypocrites who hate things their own teams do. Dyche always annoys me because other managers rightly just accept they encourage their players to do stuff that they moan about when the opposition does it.

If FIFA wanted to, they could stop it and most of it starts with actually respecting the referees decision and not getting in their face like the rugby. The problem is we can't have different rules in PL to FIFA as then we'd be at a disadvantage in international competitions. The buck stops with FIFA.

If FIFA wanted to, they could stop it and most of it starts with actually respecting the referees decision and not getting in their face like the rugby. The problem is we can't have different rules in PL to FIFA as then we'd be at a disadvantage in international competitions. The buck stops with FIFA.
...agree the custodians of the game could eradicate this with tougher punishments and giving referees the backing to stand up to players who consistently try to con them!...I also agree that we have a few in our team who go down very easy when challenged and pull faces at the referee when he ignores their, tbh, poor attempts to get one over on him...

;