Echo Reporting AFCB Policing Costs

4FCB

Fans' Favourite
Being reported in the Echo ....

“The figures, which relate to the first 13 home Premier League matches of last season, show Dorset Police's costs were £342,354.60, but Cherries only had to pay £76,269.90 – a difference of £266,084.70”

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/ne...outh-matches-266000-more-than-charge-to-club/

Now wait until the anti-AFCB brigade start.

In all seriousness, I wonder what the requirements of the FA are in relation to this subject? How many officers per % of supporters, that kind of thing.

I’ve had a search around the web but can’t find an answer.

More than £8m paid out in income tax and NI in an 11 month period in the last set of accounts... Fair to say that pays for the £266k difference.

I think that clubs only have to pay for the cost of policing on the actual footprint of the ground. The police are probably quoting costs that include swanning around the local area in their cars and vans for a couple of hours before and after.

The police would only be looking for motorists doing 32mph if they weren’t there

Sorry to be a pedant, but there is an official 10% margin of error, so it's 34 mph; and you'll be bloody unlucky to get nicked doing under 36.

I should know, I've done enough speed awareness courses over the years. :grinning:

Loads of coppers at the Marseille game yesterday.
All in their paramilitary garb - combat trousers, utility vests, baseball caps, etc.
WTF is that all about - and what is the point?
Can only think it racks them up a nice bit of overtime and gives them a chance to strut around looking cool and well hard.
Effing ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Sorry to be a pedant, but there is an official 10% margin of error, so it's 34 mph; and you'll be bloody unlucky to get nicked doing under 36.

I should know, I've done enough speed awareness courses over the years. :grinning:
I must be bloody unlucky then - I’ve been done at 34 and 35 over the past 4 yrs.

All in their paramilitary garb - combat trousers, utility vests, baseball caps, etc.
Can only think it racks them up a nice bit of overtime and gives them a chance to strut around looking cool and well hard.
They could have had a bit of serious practice by kicking the travellers off the cricket pitch.

The police pick and choose what they decide to attend and deal with these days.
If it affects anyone they know - they will allocate full time to the issues

I blame Brexit, pesky French.

Seriously though I completely agree with you. there shouldn't be a copper in sight at a game like that.

I must be bloody unlucky then - I’ve been done at 34 and 35 over the past 4 yrs.

Seriously?

That sounds like they've quite literally got your number Gary.

At least while they're targeting you they're not nicking me.

btw.
I got done by the Ryvita factory doing 48 in a 30 and got an awareness course. You'd probably have been jailed.

Seriously?

That sounds like they've quite literally got your number Gary.

At least while they're targeting you they're not nicking me.

I always thought they gave you 10% plus 2 MPH.
Has anyone compared their speed to those digital signs that show your speed as you get near. I reckon my speedo routinely reads about 2 MPH higher than the sign.

Seems to me there is no authority or body which is able to effectively challenge Dorsets finest over the numbers they use on a match day. They've been hiding behind L**ds for a decade.

Was it about 10 young, boisterous Marseille fans? How they justify that presence is beyond me.

I always thought they gave you 10% plus 2 MPH.
Has anyone compared their speed to those digital signs that show your speed as you get near. I reckon my speedo routinely reads about 2 MPH higher than the sign.

Sign in Parkstone a couple of years ago, who gets the high score? they removed it shortly after!
sid.JPG

A few years ago on the Wytch Farm oil site access road near me they put up a speed camera that didn't display your speed, but recorded it.

It's a dead straight of about 3/4 of a mile, with no traffic whatsoever most of the time.

I reckon I got around 130 mph and was quite proud,.

But when BP, as it was then, sent out a letter locally to residents who use the road I was put into the shade by somebody, probably on a motorbike, who had managed 160!
The letter pointed out that the speed limit was 30 mph.

Suffice to say Perenco now have proper cameras and number plate recognition on the road.

Spoilsports.

A few years ago on the Wytch Farm oil site access road near me they put up a speed camera that didn't display your speed, but recorded it.

It's a dead straight of about 3/4 of a mile, with no traffic whatsoever most of the time.

I reckon I got around 130 mph and was quite proud,.

But when BP, as it was then, sent out a letter locally to residents who use the road I was put into the shade by somebody, probably on a motorbike, who had managed 160!
The letter pointed out that the speed limit was 30 mph.

Suffice to say Perenco now have proper cameras and number plate recognition on the road.

Spoilsports.

130mph !!! Your lorry and the plants in it must have been rattling around a bit................................................... !

My understanding might not as be dramatic as your screaming overtime garb but the chances are these guys and gals had their rest days re rostererd...,

As a en ex teacher you would probably struggle to understand that concept without going out on strike or simply having a meltdown ;) ..

;