Eddie Howe - Manchester United

billythekid

UTC Legend
Article here by Gabriel Sutton on why Eddie would make a good manager for that club.

8. He’s experienced

Howe might be the youngest Premier League manager at 40 but, perhaps surprisingly, he is also the most experienced; the former defender has managed 121 top flight games.

He took charge of Bournemouth when they were in financial turmoil and fearing for their Football League future, then led them to three promotions and a ninth-placed finish in 2016-17 – their highest ever position - across two stints.

https://www.thesackrace.com/news/3r...d-make-an-excellent-manchester-united-manager

...no way he is 'big' enough for Manchester United, certainly in the eyes of those who run the club IMO

It still seems rather far fetched but the author of that piece does make quite a compelling argument. It’s nice to read something accurate for a change...even if the suggestion is not good for AFCB fans.

From Man Utd perspective, they’ve gone for the proven CV twice in a row (Van Gaal & Mourinho) and both have failed. You’d think they’d go for an obvious candidate again but they must realise there is no guarantee of success with anyone.

Now they be reluctant to go British again after Moyes but Eddie is clearly from a different management school. TBH they are so far behind City and Liverpool, they haven’t got a lot to lose in taking a gamble on Eddie. Can’t say I’m overly concerned at this stage though...

I think Eddie is more than ready for Utd. Utd, however, are not ready for him. Something truly drastic would have to happen there for Eddie to be allowed to mould the club in his image the way Ferguson did. I would be shocked if Zidane doesn’t end up there.

Thought you were referring to my day, bit of a coincidence and still seems a bit unreal.
Currently on holiday in Mauritius and had 2 football conversations. Taxi driver taking us about for the day is a Man U fan, but the guy selling spices in a market started talking about Eddie Howe and how good he is once I'd answered the obligatory 'where are you from' question
All a bit strange really

I bet Gabriel Sutton (whoever he is) wasn't waxing lyrical when we were bottom three last christmas.

Has he mentioned our favourable run of fixtures so far and the performance at Burnley ? Most of these top six teams build their team around a successful defensive block, something Eddie has consistently struggled with.

Like this stat from the piece:

This stubbornness has brought Bournemouth great success; since promotion, they have failed to score against a team outside the top six on just 13 occasions out of 83.
In the same timeframe, United have failed to score against a team outside the top six on 15 occasions out of 90.

In a way it would be hilarious if MUFC seriously considered Eddie, invited him for an interview and then Eddie turned them down and said he still had unfinished business at AFCB. I think their fans would go into absolute meltdown at being turned down and it would send a message to other clubs that, at the moment, Eddie is not interested in going anywhere. To be fair I think he'd straight off turn down a request for an interview and we'd never even get to hear about it. There is no way he would want to manage there at the moment, so his going for an interview would just be wasting everybody's time.

To think Eddie would not even be considered by MU or to also think that Eddie would not Go are the two most Tinpot pieces of nonsense logic i've ever heard. Especially when you consider recent failures of Big names at MU and the recent Stalling of the Stadium at DC.

I think he would take any of the top 6 jobs especially now. He came back 6 years ago to be with his family when his mum died, that doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to manage one of the biggest teams in the world for 5 or even 10 times his salary.

I can't see any way that he would turn down the attacking quality that Man U have. We know exactly what he wants to see his team do, can you really imagine that he wouldn't like to have a go at doing that with those players? That squad is capable of matching City or Liverpool with the right coach, they are being hamstrung by their manager and his defensive football; imagine the fun of unleashing that and competing on level terms with Pep and Klopp! I hope, and expect, that we'll be lucky enough that he's not asked to make that decision.

;