Eddie Howe - New Stadium Vital

This is how I believe our money men are looking at it.
Keep investing in the squad just enough to stay in the PL, and collect the big cheque each year.

Build a new stadium and not invest in the squad, risk relegation and financial meltdown.
Tough call.

Or there has to be outside investment. Most of the PL money goes on wages, with about £40m to spare on new signings atm. If Eddie keeps buying young, I suppose one might eventually go for mega money and pay for most of the stadium but who knows. We only have one of those at the moment, Ake, which losing him would be catastrophic. Maybe after another year with Mings stepping up, we might be able to sell him for a hefty fee, who knows. Either way, there certainly isn't going to be a stadium ready for 2021.

12 months to get it through the planning process and objections. 12 months for the build. So why not?

Money, imo. Unless external funding is put in place or we cut back on signings over the next couple of years to finance it, I don't see them putting a planning application in.

The most we are going to make in PL income is £10m a year unless we sell a player for mega bucks. We are talking at least £75m for a stadium.

Without external financing it won’t get built. The PL income will hopefully cover the financing costs with a finished stadium will generating further revenues for the club over and above TV money which we rely on so much.

Nothing can happen until the training ground is built. Just because we've been talking about a new stadium doesn't mean that we get to set the timelines. At the end of the day everything the club has told us they have delivered on. I'd not be surprised if we're waiting on the Athletics to accept an offer. Alternatively we're waiting on Structadene so we know what happens with that half of Dean Court, and look at what arses they were to negotiate with the last few years

I know we stand at opposite ends of the ground on almost everything.
We haven't set timelines, the club did. 20/21 season. Not my words, the words of AFCB.
And if you think the club has delivered on everything, you need to buy a Walker seat and get a head massage.

This is how I believe our money men are looking at it.
Keep investing in the squad just enough to stay in the PL, and collect the big cheque each year

Hardly. The latest accounts show that Max and Peak6 have lent the club interest free £34.7 million and £19.6 million respectively. Add in their respective initial investments and the operating profit of £14 million last year is probably only a 3 or 4% return on investment.

What's more the notes to the accounts state that we paid £3.775 million for the Canford training ground site, plus what £6 or £7 million to build it? It looks as if that £10 million or so development is going to be funded from trading income. So no indication that Max or the Americans intend to take significant profits out.

The new ground is a different scale of investment though and will need significant and separate funding. The club may just be bogged down in pulling together the detail of the financial package and the planning considerations, or they may indeed have got cold feet about the cost. Only time will tell.

Lent the club. Yes "LENT" the club.
A loan always has to be paid back.

If trading income is funding the training pitches, why has the £15M profit not paid for a digger to go in and start a bit of groundwork?
Questions, Questions!

Lent the club. Yes "LENT" the club.
A loan always has to be paid back.

If trading income is funding the training pitches, why has the £15M profit not paid for a digger to go in and start a bit of groundwork?
Questions, Questions!

A loan does not always have to be paid back - that is a ridiculous statement. Loads of owners have written off loans or converted them to share capital. Max has already done so with some of his earlier stuff.
FWIW I think the stadium wil be funded mostly by external borrowing with loan repayments funded from PL income, in other words a mortgage.

A loan does not always have to be paid back - that is a ridiculous statement. Loads of owners have written off loans or converted them to share capital. Max has already done so with some of his earlier stuff.
FWIW I think the stadium wil be funded mostly by external borrowing with loan repayments funded from PL income, in other words a mortgage.

Would that be a loan we would have to pay back then?

External borrowing..Like to see certain posters deflect that as a friendly loan...But of course, they do!

a) Should Max decide to take out all the money he's put in plus profits I don't think many can complain too much. He was the one that stuck a huge wedge on an outside bet. Just because his numbers came up doesn't mean he's obliged to stake the winnings as well. We've had a hell of a ride out of it.

b) Compare what EH has been allowed to do in the transfer market with what happened at Blackpool. No need for me to say anything apart from go look at the recent court case and then compare and contrast with what's happened here. It doesn't give the impression of a big cash-out being imminent at AFCB.

c) When EM was in charge he was widely and regularly criticised on here for just doing things and asking permission later. Now those in charge seem to working on getting everything legitimately lined up with the powers that be before announcing them that seems to be the wrong thing to do for some as well.

d) Anyone that was expecting a new stadium to arrive at anything more than glacial pace was kidding themselves. Just look at many of the other stadium projects around the country. For example, I doubt a shovel would be in the ground yet at New White Hart Lane if there hadn't been a convenient accidental fire burning down that company refusing to sell up. Without obvious brown field sites in the conurbation any development is going to cause outrage with a minority of people local to it so the club working with the planning officers to get everything as complete as possible, minimising the time for objectors to mobilise, is the right way to do it.

e) Yes, it would be great to get updates on what's happening with the new training site. As fans any news is of interest, even if it's just 'look, a workman walked across the site today wearing a hard hat'. However, they've clearly decided to keep stum and since it's served the process quite well so far, no matter how much we might not like it I don't think we can object too much. The fact the club has forked out millions on the site and essentially got it to sail through planning is a sign of some serious and professional business people behind this looking to make sure it happens. Meanwhile, how is EM's beach stadium on Sandbanks coming along?

f) How is the stadium being funded? No idea. Then I've no idea how the signing of Yann Kermorgant was funded. Or the current new training facilities. Or the £ million pitch we had in the Championship. It could be those in power forgot to consider it but given everything else I'm going to say there's a plan, even if we don't know what it is.

g) As fans it's our club to support. We'll still be here if/when it goes mammaries skyward. Wherever the here would then be. Meanwhile the owners can do as they wish since it's their money and their company. To be honest, they've done a pretty incredible job so far so I'm not sure I get the constant sniping.

h) It's actually great to ask questions and not leave things completely unchecked. There are things that need to be chased down and understood. However, when the default position towards almost everything the hierarchy does/has done is negative it softens the message when good points are made. As a wise man once said "Pick your battles".

i) He gets £3k a day and doesn't play. Zubar is now off the books so you can change that if you like. Yes, I know. Still, every time I read it that's who I think about.

Last edited:
It's been said so any times...The town doesn't want it
The owners are Russians and Yanks..hardly emotional Cherries
If this was a club in the North it would be built by now..
We look at Wigan ..a non league outfit in the 70s in a Rugby stronghold, now playing in a 25,000 stadium and likely to rise above us again if we don't sit on a rocket with this project.......in this 400,000 plus conurbation/catchment area. Larger than Southampton or Brighton below us!

i) He gets £3k a day and doesn't play. Zubar is now off the books so you can change that if you like. Yes, I know. Still, every time I read it that's who I think about.[/QUOTE]

If you think Zubar was on that money, then I worry for our fan base.

Think Board members who coddle tickets for their fawning daughter. 3 years running.
Time to update. Seems to be £3,750 a day now. Conformation will be side stepped in the accounts.

I really thought the training grounds would be in production now, but they are not.
Seems I am the one in the wrong for questioning why nothing has happened.

You as fans need to start asking questions instead of just "jollying along"

Next year will represent £1/2 billion going through the coffers of a small club. Yet you all sit there and "enjoy the ride"

What happened to that latest supporters group that talk to the club?
Any real answers?

Sweet caroline?
They need Love on the rocks.

Would that be a loan we would have to pay back then?

External borrowing..Like to see certain posters deflect that as a friendly loan...But of course, they do!

That is totally different as you well know, of course external funding would need to be paid back. Directors loans however that you were talking about earlier may and often are written off or converted to share capital.

;