Eddie Howe - New Stadium Vital

Just a side thought, how many league clubs are on their third stadium in modern times?

Doesn't happen often. Bit further afield, Sporting's (of Lisbon) current stadium is their seventh!!

I tend to agree. But I do think it needs to be built while we are still in the PL while the money is rolling in.

Yeah that's the worry, if we go down before it is fully complete then they could pull the plug. Even if they don't we want it to be as full as possible when it opens.

I've stated many times that I don't think it will happen but I'm desparate to be proved wrong on this one.

It'll all be announced at the Solent Fans Forum (whenever that is ), I missed last years ( didn't have a clue how much to put aside for tea money) : )

Eddie has done his bit by keeping us in the Premier League for a fourth season.

Now it’s up to those handling off field affairs to back Eddie with his new training facilities and a new stadium that befits our team in the Premier League with a lot more people inside it roaring on our team.

Plus using their clappers and singing Sweet Caroline while eating out of their large tubs of popcorn. ;)

He said the same at his press conference. It’s pretty obvious that this is needed so not sure Eddie is being mischievous - in contrast to Pochettino who seems more angry. If the board don’t back the investment though then surely Eddie will move on.

He said the same at his press conference. It’s pretty obvious that this is needed so not sure Eddie is being mischievous - in contrast to Pochettino who seems more angry. If the board don’t back the investment though then surely Eddie will move on.

It's surely the only reason for Eddie to stay here. I'm one of his biggest fans and don't want to see him leave but if the new ground was dead in the water is there really anything else for him to achieve here?

I am sure Eddie sees the stadium as his true legacy to the club. Just like Arsene at the gooners. He may be using the press to make a point to the owner but I doubt it.

Interesting summer ahead for Eddie, he know's how desperate we fans are to make the most of the premier league money. It's interesting that he's made these comments about the facilities. Surely Eddie know what's going on? I hope we'll here something over the summer if not Eddie will be off no doubt and who could blame him!

Also if true that EH was the driver behind putting away fans on the side rather than behind the goal then he probably will have input into a lot of the stadium planning from a football side of things. I am sure he knows where things stand right now.

Call me a cynic but I felt there was something in the tone of Eddies recent thoughts and comments that I haven't heard before. I guess he's tired and I hope its just that.

He's achieved his goal again which is like gold dust to the owners and Investors of the club. Its fair to say he's done his bit over and beyond the call of duty. Likewise Max has with his backing and total faith in Eddie.

This is one of several things, Eddie pre-empting something or Eddie nudging the owners to do / say something or to simply get their **************** in gear. It could just be Eddie sounding off, we have no idea which is why a statement or something is probably needed from the club now that another year in the PL has been secured. Don't forget the several years of parachute payments that would follow if relegation happened, this is serious money guaranteed over the next few years.

Yet again I'm rattling off a load of nonsense because we've heard nowt from the club so please excuse me . :arrghh:

I may be wrong in thinking that Eddie put the block on enlarging the ground when we first were promoted. Maybe he now feels that as we are 'an established PL club' the time is right to invest the money. There may never be a better time to do this.

I think this line from the article is key:
"It's tough to recruit players when we're playing in the stadium that we are," Howe said. "The training ground, as beautiful as it is, the size, the lack of space - again that's a difficulty for us."

My guess (and hope) is that he's priming the pump for an announcement from the team very soon. If the club has any say in this (though it's possible they're at the mercy of some level of government), they will want to make a splashy announcement before, or at the beginning of, the summer transfer window. It would be a critical bargaining chip to be able to show prospective signings the designs for the new stadium (knowing it is approved and moving ahead), and to show that work is already underway on the training facility. Otherwise, we're still just a tinpot club with a popular manager.

;