Eddie Howe

Do you think Eddie should go

• Total voters
I’m as sure as I can be that Steve Cook had a genuine injury and that all talk of anything else is just gutter journalism by the media. Cookie is his own biggest critic, he is not a destructive ego which Eddie needs to take down a peg or two. I would be astonished if he didn’t play because Eddie felt he deserved punishment. They have fines for that sort of thing. Just the media trying to generate a shitestorm where there is none.
Agree ...couldn't see any other circumstance where Ake would play right side than an injury to Cookie and Mepham.

Ive often thought about how 'coaching' is often mentioned around Eddie. ...
...in the lower leagues it probably was very important.....but if a player is brought into a PL club, the top tier...and deemed good enough for that to happen then surely they don't need too much coaching....and the word over-coaching has surfaced on this forum.
George Best often didn't turn up for training...he didn't think he needed it!
Who 'coaches' Messi or Bale ?
I think in the PL..' Managing ' is more important.....I haven't heard people droning on much about Potter or Dyche or Pearson or Wilder or the Wolves blokey in connection with Coaching.... But you do with Mourinho..who isn't exactly taking Spurs into Glory Hallelujah territory !...and Eddie who perhaps has to focus a bit more expansively! Wider Lens?

I might be talking crap. I dunno.. but its in my head tonight!

Yeah, I think I am. Totally get that it's personal, but for me, having connections between the club and town is a big deal. When we were in the lower leagues before, we had that connection between club and fans that you just don't get in the PL. Having a manager who was a Bournemouth fan and then player is a real source of pride. Would I stop supporting if Eddie left? Of course not. It just wouldn't be the same.

it's personal for me too, all about our club with the team playing attractive football irrespective of what division we're in
many other clubs eulogise about the "one of our own" mentality, some of our so called fans seem to be ashamed of it

The worst thing that could of happened was people touting up Eddie for the England job one day.... So when he does that ridiculous controlled and guarded dialogue in front of the Press its so as not upset the FA bods....they only want Yes men like the goody goody puppet Gareth Southgate....
...I had high hopes of Ed turning into another
Clough...rude, arrogant, UNpolitically correct and ruthlessly effective - to become an @rsehole worse than Ferguson even.
Even Ramsey was rude to reporters if they pestered him with daft questions.
And Eds Boscombe teams are now following suit ...bland, limp and Panto Damish.....oh how I hate Gareth's suit....and his backpassing, @rse- licking, boring football.( But that's another ongoing rant in my Rant Library!)

The handling of Fraser was ..oh dear.. he should been sacked after his Simpering Epilogue...nothing less!

Christ I'm on it tonight... I hate losing to Spunking Manchester United and that too - happy Norwegian...I prefer Edvard Grieg.

It f√cking screws my goose losing in that tw@tting fleapit ..and gets right up my beach....
...especially after seeing Brighton on theirs...9 points laughing t'other side of their scruffy pier...
Blimey ...can someone else take over the Rant Baton!

Ch
The worst thing that could of happened was people touting up Eddie for the England job one day.... So when he does that ridiculous controlled and guarded dialogue in front of the Press its so as not upset the FA bods....they only want Yes men like the goody goody puppet Gareth Southgate....
...I had high hopes of Ed turning into another
Clough...rude, arrogant, UNpolitically correct and ruthlessly effective - to become an @rsehole worse than Ferguson even.
Even Ramsey was rude to reporters if they pestered him with daft questions.
And Eds Boscombe teams are now following suit ...bland, limp and Panto Damish.....oh how I hate Gareth's suit....and his backpassing, @rse- licking, boring football.( But that's another ongoing rant in my Rant Library!)

The handling of Fraser was ..oh dear.. he should been sacked after his Simpering Epilogue...nothing less!

Christ I'm on it tonight... I hate losing to Spunking Manchester United and that too - happy Norwegian...I prefer Edvard Grieg.

It f√cking screws my goose losing in that tw@tting fleapit ..and gets right up my beach....
...especially after seeing Brighton on theirs...9 points laughing t'other side of their scruffy pier...
Blimey ...can someone else take over the Rant Baton!
chill...I remember singing we’re only here for the season four years ago!

Why ? Seems to me that you’ve got it covered Brian and you’re doing a most excellent job :p

Yeah well...best we beat them Tottenhams on Thursday ..as if not, more from me will spew out....I dont mind them so much but I can't pouch that Doe-eyed Pleb Jose...the moronho sleeps me dead.

We could have kept the formation that has served us well in the last three games and put King on the wing and Harry between the lines? Still would have been the same eleven players.

Rank amateur tactics again today and precious little done to change it when everyone could see Mooy had slipped into a hole to run the game.

No we shouldn’t get rid of Eddie because he has achieved miracles and we owe him a relegation if that’s what it becomes. Had he taken over two years ago though with no connection to the club with the level of tactical ineptitude and mind numbing my boring football he is currently showing then we would be calling for him to go.

He desperately needs someone in his backroom team with more talent to help him refresh ideas. Our current playlist is old favourites that are flat tunes.

Totally out thought today by a more modern tactician playing enterprising football.
We always assume that Eddie is waiting to be sacked - but what if we get relegated and he turns round and says “I’m off”. If I was the owner I would want some guarantees from EH that he is willing to stay and rebuild. Without them it probably would have been better to get him out, as this team are taking no notice of him. But if we go down with him to rebuild a new squad I can certainly accept that. But he needs support and help as mentioned above. He may be a genius, but he still needs to learn and how can he do that if he’s surrounded by people of similar experience but less talent. Let’s back Eddie by all means, but let’s make sure he’s not on his own.

Is it that they are 'taking no notice of him' or the fact that they are incapable of playing together as a team with so many out of their comfort zone regards playing positions? As a local league player I was never happy on the left and just couldn't put it all together. On the right I managed OK into my late 30s.

We always assume that Eddie is waiting to be sacked - but what if we get relegated and he turns round and says “I’m off”. If I was the owner I would want some guarantees from EH that he is willing to stay and rebuild. Without them it probably would have been better to get him out, as this team are taking no notice of him. But if we go down with him to rebuild a new squad I can certainly accept that. But he needs support and help as mentioned above. He may be a genius, but he still needs to learn and how can he do that if he’s surrounded by people of similar experience but less talent. Let’s back Eddie by all means, but let’s make sure he’s not on his own.
Completely agree with this, I am all for him staying and would not want to see anyone else in charge for the rebuild, but if he’s going to go then it needs to be now imo. There is absolutely zero chance that he is keeping us in this league so there is no point in him staying until the end of the season if he isn’t going to be here next.

I'm all for Eddie staying whatever the outcome. I just wish that some of the backroom staff weren't all of his old mates.
Sometimes I think you need a different option and approach to things.

He won’t be sacked. He will choose if he stays or goes. Massive responsibility to all his friends though as there would be a big clear out with a new manager. That must weigh heavy on his decision making process, it would on mine if in same position.

He won’t be sacked. He will choose if he stays or goes. Massive responsibility to all his friends though as there would be a big clear out with a new manager. That must weigh heavy on his decision making process, it would on mine if in same position.
Agreed. I'm sure every poor performance weighs heavily for the same reason.

I believe he should go...but the clear out of coaches needs to happen even if he stays...as I have mentioned elsewhere we seem to have a coach for every player and that in itself is unsustainable..so some harsh decision on mates.

Director of football needed?? as I believe EH has lost his way.....awaits flying bricks

;