Eddie Howe

Do you think Eddie should go

• Total voters
The Eddie body language post game was not surprisingly terrible .... but what I thought was more telling was he cast a very lonely figure. No players walking or standing anyway near him. The pressure on him is going to sky rocket after this one. His subs today and team selection I don’t understand. He needs some serious luck / transfers or medication.
Good luck Eddie

I don’t tend to merge threads unless the flow of the thread will work. With active threads at the same time that’s not possible as conversations overlap without quotes etc.
Blimey, thats a policy change. Not as quick as the Tories post-election but still a policy change. ;-)

It’s times like this that the supposed ground swell of opinion is that the fans have turned on Howe and want him to go.

Let’s test that and bump this poll back up. You can change your vote so if you’ve changed your mind over the past couple of weeks feel free.

At time of bumping its 8 votes from 70 that want Howe gone.

The thing is, I think at this point we are going down, and Howe is the best person to have for us in the championship.
Clear out the bill big b&@#%#s and blood some of the youngsters.
Even if we got a new manager and stayed up, they’ll be off to another bigger club in a few seasons and we’ll be on the perpetual manager merry go round until it goes wrong and we go down.
Howe got it very wrong this season, I think he is wholly accountable and the board need to step in on shaking up the backroom staff and bring someone in for tactical input, because Howe has not been up to it in that department for this season and hasn’t improved on it since our time in the prem.

I think EH is more likely to walk, announced as an "agreement". I suspect he feels he's taken the club as far as is possible, which is almost certainly true. I'm sure he needs a break from the game. My guess is he'll go at the end of the season, regardless of what happens.

I don't want him to go, but he's certainly not doing himself any favours with the awful performances and strange tactics he's employing.

I've said for years that EH isn't really a top class manager in the tactical sense; but he is (by many accounts) an excellent coach and motivator of players. He can get miracle performances out of players and has them running through walls for him.

However, when this is no longer the case, the other side of management gets exposed kind of brutally. I haven't agreed with a starting lineup for months now, I can't understand the thought process behind half of his starting lineups, and I don't understand what we as a club are even trying to do anymore. We have five fit central players available, and our midfield is constantly overrun, yet we stick with two. We have no fit LB available, so instead of opting for 3 at the back, with Smith and Fraser as wingbacks, we shunt Ake out wide- even though he's just returned from a hamstring injury. We have three central midfielders on the bench and a youth striker, not the players needed to make any significant tactical changes, yet we have bigged-up youths like the creative Kilkenny and Dobre nowhere to be found. We have senior players like Francis throwing young Travers under the bus and taking no responsibility for their mistakes; instead we have Ake being thrown in front of the media to justify the performance, even though he's just come back from injury and is playing in a different role. Where's the captain??

Callum Wilson hasn't had a shot on target since the f***ing 6th October! I've given him some stick, and he definitely deserves some stick, but that is such an obvious indicator that we aren't creating nearly enough chances, and yet we persist with the same tired approach to every game. Are we missing King? Yes; but even when he was playing, he was left on his own to charge up the pitch and create chances for himself. Remember when we used to play the ball down the channels, and players like Wilson, Pugh and Ritchie (two of which are sloooow) would latch onto it and score? You don't need confidence to play hit and hopes and run around, surely?? Then there's Solanke; is Solanke good enough? No, at the moment he's not. But he's not exactly being given a good platform to show what he can do, is he? The attackers and the midfielders are like strangers; there's no movement from any of the strikers, and there's not one ounce of creativity from any of the midfielders. H. Wilson is lightweight, weak, slow and poor at beating his man- but he's a goal threat, and he can pick out a pass. Try him behind the strikers for f***s sake! Hell, try Kilkenny there! What have we got to lose?!

I don't want EH gone, I just want him to be better, but failing that I want him to at the very least learn from his f***ing mistakes, and not come out with same old, tired, post-match nonsense about focusing on the next game. All the problems are happening right now, not tomorrow, and not next Saturday!

I think it was Garbo (apologies if not) that asked if we'd be gutted if we were to wake up to headlines of Eddie's departure (be that resignation or sacked)... Putting it like that, and even after yesterday's debacle, I still would be gutted...

So my vote stays firmly as it was... Eddie should stay.

...don't think it was me and I am firmly behind Eddie to stay also...

Maybe I'm just weird but I'd rather Eddie stayed and we went down, than him leave and some other manager somehow keep us in the PL. For me the PL really isn't so important, it's more about the club and the story we share with Eddie. I think it would be such a shame for that to end on a sour note. I'd like Eddie to stay and continue building his team based on the next generation, in whatever division that may be and however far this new team may take us.

The only exception would be if Eddie's health and family life were suffering as a result of his job. Then of course I wouldn't want him to stay to the detriment of these more important matters.

I don't want him to go, but he's certainly not doing himself any favours with the awful performances and strange tactics he's employing.

I've said for years that EH isn't really a top class manager in the tactical sense; but he is (by many accounts) an excellent coach and motivator of players. He can get miracle performances out of players and has them running through walls for him.

However, when this is no longer the case, the other side of management gets exposed kind of brutally. I haven't agreed with a starting lineup for months now, I can't understand the thought process behind half of his starting lineups, and I don't understand what we as a club are even trying to do anymore. We have five fit central players available, and our midfield is constantly overrun, yet we stick with two. We have no fit LB available, so instead of opting for 3 at the back, with Smith and Fraser as wingbacks, we shunt Ake out wide- even though he's just returned from a hamstring injury. We have three central midfielders on the bench and a youth striker, not the players needed to make any significant tactical changes, yet we have bigged-up youths like the creative Kilkenny and Dobre nowhere to be found. We have senior players like Francis throwing young Travers under the bus and taking no responsibility for their mistakes; instead we have Ake being thrown in front of the media to justify the performance, even though he's just come back from injury and is playing in a different role. Where's the captain??

Callum Wilson hasn't had a shot on target since the f***ing 6th October! I've given him some stick, and he definitely deserves some stick, but that is such an obvious indicator that we aren't creating nearly enough chances, and yet we persist with the same tired approach to every game. Are we missing King? Yes; but even when he was playing, he was left on his own to charge up the pitch and create chances for himself. Remember when we used to play the ball down the channels, and players like Wilson, Pugh and Ritchie (two of which are sloooow) would latch onto it and score? You don't need confidence to play hit and hopes and run around, surely?? Then there's Solanke; is Solanke good enough? No, at the moment he's not. But he's not exactly being given a good platform to show what he can do, is he? The attackers and the midfielders are like strangers; there's no movement from any of the strikers, and there's not one ounce of creativity from any of the midfielders. H. Wilson is lightweight, weak, slow and poor at beating his man- but he's a goal threat, and he can pick out a pass. Try him behind the strikers for f***s sake! Hell, try Kilkenny there! What have we got to lose?!

I don't want EH gone, I just want him to be better, but failing that I want him to at the very least learn from his f***ing mistakes, and not come out with same old, tired, post-match nonsense about focusing on the next game. All the problems are happening right now, not tomorrow, and not next Saturday!
This is spot on. Eddie has lost his way and needs to have a serious re-think. I just can’t see him being the kind of person to be taking advice from a director of football or such like.

Unfortunately this is spot on .

Eddies place in our History:

In 57 we had Fred Cox: he almost beat Man Utds Busby Babes after wins v Wolves and Spurs.

In 84 Harry Redders removed M.U. from the FA Cup..and went close again.

Twice E.Howe has beaten them in the top league and drawn at O.T.
The euphoric day of that 1st PL win over them....
followed by the wins over Liverpool, Arsenal and the Chelsea anihilations..

Slight upgrade on the earlier heroes!

Maybe I'm just weird but I'd rather Eddie stayed and we went down, than him leave and some other manager somehow keep us in the PL. For me the PL really isn't so important, it's more about the club and the story we share with Eddie. I think it would be such a shame for that to end on a sour note. I'd like Eddie to stay and continue building his team based on the next generation, in whatever division that may be and however far this new team may take us.

The only exception would be if Eddie's health and family life were suffering as a result of his job. Then of course I wouldn't want him to stay to the detriment of these more important matters.
That...Gazzy...is the post of a Real Boscombe supporter....it sits comfortably with me...we dont want sour notes associated with this iconic period....the fate of the clubs future is in the hands of who owns it... we support whatever is there!

I wonder if there's a shelf life for any manager, no matter how good they are - Klopp at Dortmund, Jose at Chelsea, Poch at Spurs all turned to **************** after being there a few years.

Obviously Fergie could do it but who else?

I suspect there's only so much you can teach people after a number of years. Apparently Guardiola has said that players stop listening to you after so many years.

I wonder if there's a shelf life for any manager, no matter how good they are - Klopp at Dortmund, Jose at Chelsea, Poch at Spurs all turned to **** after being there a few years.

Obviously Fergie could do it but who else?

I suspect there's only so much you can teach people after a number of years. Apparently Guardiola has said that players stop listening to you after so many years.

I think you are right. It’s why I’ve always wanted Eddie to do change his back team around inputting constant new ideas like Fergie did. There was a reason he had success at one club over a longer period than most and it wasn’t because he could strip wallpaper with his voice or that he was a tactical genius.

I can totally believe that ! I think we are experiencing that right now. This team has unfortunately become stale and needs a real shakeup. If it takes us getting relegated before it will happen, then so be it. What we are seeing with AFCB has been seen with many of the less fashionable clubs many times in the past. Once mid table safety seems a given, the players take their foot off the gas ( apart from Ibe obviously :car: ! ) and a general malaise sets in. Effort becomes optional and the players thoughts move away from being focused 100% on football and to "other matters" which seem more appealing.

It’s times like this that the supposed ground swell of opinion is that the fans have turned on Howe and want him to go.

Let’s test that and bump this poll back up. You can change your vote so if you’ve changed your mind over the past couple of weeks feel free.

At time of bumping its 8 votes from 70 that want Howe gone.

Now 9 votes from 94.

;