Eddie Howe

Do you think Eddie should go

• Total voters
I feel he has to go I am not happy with the team he has chosen I feel we need a change and this is where we start I am angry and I have never been so annoyed about Bournemouth for ages I feel he has to go

What's everyone else opinion
Made mistakes in the transfer market and that has been costly,but still Eddie and Jason are still the best fit for the club. Time to show loyalty to them as they have shown to the club.

Eddie is certainly hurting. Can he pull off a miracle? If the players are hurting then get out there and show it in every remaining game!
:utc:

Listening to that interview and his opening words what the club means to Eddie, reiterates my thoughts that he is the right man to be our manager next season.

When we were on the up our fans were worried about losing Eddie to another club, he was linked with so many clubs, but here we are today with Eddie still at the helm and kept his word while our owner still wants him, he will be here.

Don't worry Callum is back.

I may be wrong but I have picked him as one to watch, he has no yellow cards around his neck.

He is playing against a club that he has been linked with and in the interview with Eddie it sounds like he has been working hard on one or two things during his suspension.

So I am just hoping Callum Wilson will come back against Spurs and show us the Callum of old.

If the on field performances matched the pre and post match promises and excuses the season would have been more successful.
If players showed as much passion and worked as hard as Eddie, we would have been more successful. Of course Eddie has made mistakes too.

If Eddie goes we’ll probably join the management merry go round. Get a ‘name’ in.

This isn’t the first time that some have called for Eddie to go. In 2013/14, if we hadn’t had Eddie any other manager would have been sacked in that first championship season. We tippy tapped, conceded lots of soft goals and Eddie said this is how we play, and he’d rather fail doing it his way than succeed doing it another. That was a statement of intent and he was backed by the chairman and board. Players made mistakes, gave the ball away, many soft goals conceded, gaps in defence. We weren’t good enough to play that way, yet Eddie stuck with them. I don’t believe any of us could in our wildest dreams have imagined what they would produce the following season.

Had Eddie been sacked a new manager would have come in and changed it. Task to stay up. We’d have stayed up but I would bet anything that we wouldn’t have had a similar 2014/15. The one that had the best football I have ever seen at DC.

Only 2 players made more than 40 league appearances that first championship season and one was Grabban. But 10 of that team went on to make at least 40 starts the following season (7 made at least 40 starting and 3 others if you add appearances as substitutes, the three were Pitman, Kermorgant and Pugh). We added Callum who played 45 games and Boruc (who didn’t make 40 but was a regular after he arrived.)

Many said the promotion team wouldn’t be good enough for the premier league. Pundits and experts said we’d have to buy, buy, buy to survive. Another manager would have changed it. We would have tightened things up, brought in some old heads and become the opposite of what we have been. 6 players from the championship winning squad made 30 or more appearances in 15/16. (There were 7 who made 30+, the 7th was Josh. Surman was the only player who was ever present in the league.) Three more of the 14/15 squad appeared in over half the games. No one called for Eddie to go that season but the team that did so well has grown together because Eddie has been given time to grow them.

Having the 100% backing of the board and chairman has given us these years of magnificence, no external manager would have had that. We as fans have cut him a huge amount of slack because he is Bournemouth through and through and we know he loves the club. We almost certainly wouldn’t have allowed anyone else that slack either.

Eddie has his faults, the performances this season stem from his selection and formation. Pretty much everyone has been critical of that. Week after week waiting for the team announcement and then scratching our heads. Why? Why can’t he see what we see?

I think we are in the same territory as we were in the first championship season, where Eddie trusted the players because he believed he knew what they were capable of in the future. He believed he knew that the system would work, given time. His dream. His vision. His passion. It worked before, why? Because it was new territory for many of them. They were growing and learning together as a team and a squad. Players who (mostly) never thought they would be this successful, this good in a team. And they were trusted. Trusted if they made mistakes.

This season 9 players have played in 20 games or more, but too many haven’t grown together. Too many have been established, successful, wealthy beyond their dreams. Half an eye of the next club rather than 100% focussed on the future here. That’s the premier league. I think Ake’s determination and commitment is the exception. I don’t believe they don’t try, but the heart isn’t there with to

Eddie is the opposite of Harry in some ways. Harry can bring a bunch of players in to do a job in the short term. He can inspire and and build a triffic spirit but it tends to be short term with players who he knows have the experience, Eddie sees players who he believes can grow into something. The previous years gave him the luxury, and early on the necessity, to do that. The premier league is unforgiving in so many ways.

Should he go? I don’t know. If he does it will because he feels he should. He has been the heart of this club for so long, like Wenger and Ferguson were. Big shoes to fill, ask United fans.

I will watch today in hope. Building a team is exciting, fabulous, thrilling. Watching it be dismantled is just too sad.
A very interesting read, thanks for posting it. Like many others I'd prefer Eddie to stay to get us playing better football in what I'm increasingly presuming will be the Championship. I agree the club has benefitted from continuity and Eddie has delivered when other boards of directors would have lost faith. You do make the point though that in the past Eddie has stuck with teams that evenutally came right. I'm just asking myself how applicable that will be this time if a drop means a number of the existing team will leave. In effect a new team will have to to be created out of "stayers' augmented by whatever bargain talent we can bring in. So the potential job for Eddie is huge - again and it could be fascinating to watch it take shape. However, if the thrust of this article is right, that Eddie gets there in the end, I don't think we'll be seeing an instant bounce back into the PL. A new (young) team will take time to mature.

The u18 and u23 squads seem to play the proper afcb style, quick passing and movement and scoring goals.
In the championship the cream of the crop might get some game time.

Yeah but they're coached by people that have all the top UEFA coaching qualifications, not Eddie's stable of stale yes men......... Oh hang on... : )

Been said before that Brendan Rodgers always has Eddie Howe’s number.

But tactically Howe ruled over Rodgers tonight. Firstly a first half performance to lull Leicester into a false sense of security and then change the system, get the players to actually run faster, press, make movements all over the pitch and knock off a Champions League chasing side... ;)

Been said before that Brendan Rodgers always has Eddie Howe’s number.

But tactically Howe ruled over Rodgers tonight. Firstly a first half performance to lull Leicester into a false sense of security and then change the system, get the players to actually run faster, press, make movements all over the pitch and knock off a Champions League chasing side... ;)
Finally we made the rope a dope work ! Great skill by Eddie to hold it back for so long.
As I always say : in Eddie we should trust !

;