Eddie Mitchell latest

Cheers for all the comments about the interview. Was an interesting one to do. At the start of the interview he was sat at a desk, a long way away from the router, we asked if he could sit near it for better signal - next thing we know he pops up on screen, sat cross legged on the floor in a broom cupboard - right where the router was!

Anyway, it was one we needed to be careful over. Whilst it's not our job to be Jeremy Paxman, we felt there were a few gaps that needed filling. As always, people who know more about what has happened behind the scenes (but seemingly can't say) might see it as a disappointment - which is understandable, but those who know very little might see it as eye-opening.

I'm sure if there were no direct consequences on us, we'd have potentially been more probing on some of the rumours that circle about him.

We did give a number of different supporters a chance to put some questions to him, including those that are vocal about him - so what was posed to him on screen was invariably what was asked. I messaged them privately before-hand, you know who you are!

However, I think Neil Dawson summed it up quite well at the end in terms of Mostyn and Mitchell: "We were lucky to have had them both". They weren't/aren't everyones cup of tea, and, personal issues aside, their tenures have coincided with the most exciting spell in AFC Bournemouth's history.

Cheers for all the comments about the interview. Was an interesting one to do. At the start of the interview he was sat at a desk, a long way away from the router, we asked if he could sit near it for better signal - next thing we know he pops up on screen, sat cross legged on the floor in a broom cupboard - right where the router was!

Anyway, it was one we needed to be careful over. Whilst it's not our job to be Jeremy Paxman, we felt there were a few gaps that needed filling. As always, people who know more about what has happened behind the scenes (but seemingly can't say) might see it as a disappointment - which is understandable, but those who know very little might see it as eye-opening.

I'm sure if there were no direct consequences on us, we'd have potentially been more probing on some of the rumours that circle about him.

We did give a number of different supporters a chance to put some questions to him, including those that are vocal about him - so what was posed to him on screen was invariably what was asked. I messaged them privately before-hand, you know who you are!

However, I think Neil Dawson summed it up quite well at the end in terms of Mostyn and Mitchell: "We were lucky to have had them both". They weren't/aren't everyones cup of tea, and, personal issues aside, their tenures have coincided with the most exciting spell in AFC Bournemouth's history.

Great credit to you Jeff and Neil for this and your content generally - the standard of the people you have on is very impressive.

When you say about consequences do you mean legally if he was to make very controversial statements that you could face legal action over or do you mean you didn't want to piss off people you'd potentially want to ask to contribute in future?

Also did you have discussions with EM beforehand about anything he didn't want to talk about?

there are many truths about what goes on behind the scenes when running a football club...when I first started on my AFCB journey it was Harold Walker...but not much was ever said about him...we went through owners/chairman like a baby goes through Calpol and Nappies...a good analogy too with what we as fans have had to swallow and put up with from the various PR men who promised us many broken dreams. We were/are indeed very fortunate to have Max on board an at least he has delivered the dream to us, when others just left in the shadows of dispappointment.

I neve 'knew' Eddie Mitchell but know many that have met him done 'business' with him both at Dorch and here...what I know I don't like and what I witnessed often at AFCB I didn't like...but and IF he did get Mostyn and Demim in then he has been a saviour of AFCB in that sense..

We have moved on now and I hope thnat he never gets involved with us again....but I fear it could happen one day!

I have always spoken out against him....but time now to move on and just put his time here to memory just like...Jim Nolan...Rodney Barton...Norman Hayward...Peter Phillips....Max Jaffer...Ken Gardner...Trevor Watkins...Anton Johnson...Adam Murry...now their stories given in total truth would be very interesting!

there are many truths about what goes on behind the scenes when running a football club...when I first started on my AFCB journey it was Harold Walker...but not much was ever said about him...we went through owners/chairman like a baby goes through Calpol and Nappies...a good analogy too with what we as fans have had to swallow and put up with from the various PR men who promised us many broken dreams. We were/are indeed very fortunate to have Max on board an at least he has delivered the dream to us, when others just left in the shadows of dispappointment.

I neve 'knew' Eddie Mitchell but know many that have met him done 'business' with him both at Dorch and here...what I know I don't like and what I witnessed often at AFCB I didn't like...but and IF he did get Mostyn and Demim in then he has been a saviour of AFCB in that sense..

We have moved on now and I hope thnat he never gets involved with us again....but I fear it could happen one day!

I have always spoken out against him....but time now to move on and just put his time here to memory just like...Jim Nolan...Rodney Barton...Norman Hayward...Peter Phillips....Max Jaffer...Ken Gardner...Trevor Watkins...Anton Johnson...Adam Murry...now their stories given in total truth would be very interesting!
Just looking at those names........talk about ..."if the devil cast his net "....:eek!:

He’s a pretty straight forward bloke when interviewed which was/is often his downfall . Didn’t mince his words about a lot of people around the club at the time . Was nice that he had nothing but complimentary things to say about the other Eddie .
I thought I heard him say he used to get annoyed with EH because even though he would get to the club very early, EH was always there before him!

I liked that!

I found it really interesting so well done and thank you to BOTN. Like others, I am grateful to EM for bringing in Demin (and even for sprucing up the stadium and surroundings!) but the guy seems an absolute embarrassment to me. Calling Mostyn the embarrassment when EM was the one that offered out a fan and swore repeatedly on national radio was quite something.

One snippet that was really interesting was how the sale of Pitman saved the club. Pitman’s contribution on and off the pitch has probably had more impact than any other player in our history.

When you say about consequences do you mean legally if he was to make very controversial statements that you could face legal action over or do you mean you didn't want to piss off people you'd potentially want to ask to contribute in future?

Also did you have discussions with EM beforehand about anything he didn't want to talk about?
We didn't have any discussion with EM beforehand - nothing was vetted. Regarding your first paragraph, a little bit of both!

But for you my boy, that wasn't to be....:ROFLMAO:

But isn't Stanley the reason that the southern end of the ground is still owned by AFCB and wasn't able to be part of the sale and leaseback because he had that land as security for his bridging loan.

Once his loan was repaid having ownership of that land in time enabled us to put the Ted Shed on it.

Go on, explain this?

Geezer introduced Max to our club, without him none of the last 8 years would have happened.

The car park was done up by MA Hart, absolutely nothing to do with any of Eddie Mitchell's firms, if that's gonna be your come back.
If you mean the new main car park, that was completed by Coastal Asphalts not M.A. Hart .... if that has any relevance....

But isn't Stanley the reason that the southern end of the ground is still owned by AFCB and wasn't able to be part of the sale and leaseback because he had that land as security for his bridging loan.

Once his loan was repaid having ownership of that land in time enabled us to put the Ted Shed on it.
Simple answer is no.
I owned the rights and covenants on that part of the ground. Max WOULD NOT buy the club until I relinquished everything that I controlled. When I write the book it could open a few eyes....
Mine are still watering...
Up the mighty Cherries

;