Eddie To Arsenal?

EDDIE HOWE has been installed as the new favourite to become the next Arsenal manager.

Howe has gone from being a 9/1 outsider to the favourite at 5/2 to succeed Mikel Arteta at the Emirates Stadium.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/bett...transfer-news-next-manager-odds-arteta-conte/

I'd be surprised to be honest but good luck to Eddie if it happens. He deserves a decent break. The Celtic saga was unfortunate and I'm sure something he looks back on with regret. I think that damaged his rating so he needs something like this. I see him more as a middle table manager at the moment, though: Saints, for instance, or Wolves although Arsenal are a middle table side at the moment, aren't they? Imagine if he went to Newcastle with you know who there?

He was too like Wenger in his approach to ever be a viable option after he retired but now Arsenal have experienced other options out there, maybe they'd welcome a return.

Assuming Howe can rediscover his early AFCB team style mojo rather than the latter years.

Still can't see it happening though.

Is there going to be a Vitals upthecherries to Arsenal thread next ? ( Everyone else is linked to them)
Can't see Garbo and the other Spuds on here liking that : )

I'd be surprised to be honest but good luck to Eddie if it happens. He deserves a decent break. The Celtic saga was unfortunate and I'm sure something he looks back on with regret. I think that damaged his rating so he needs something like this. I see him more as a middle table manager at the moment, though: Saints, for instance, or Wolves although Arsenal are a middle table side at the moment, aren't they? Imagine if he went to Newcastle with you know who there?

He was being ‘touted’ to replace Arsene Wenger at one time when Eddie was doing well for us and being linked with a number of clubs.

This time he is available and without a club.

Not sure Arsenal Tv would like that…. Can hear ‘Eddie Howe fam? You kidding me blud? For real? The Thunderbird look alike that managed that league one team fam, oh my days’

I actually think him and them would be a perfect fit and the best chance of getting them firing again.

Not sure Arsenal Tv would like that…. Can hear ‘Eddie Howe fam? You kidding me blud? For real? The Thunderbird look alike that managed that league one team fam, oh my days’

I actually think him and them would be a perfect fit and the best chance of getting them firing again.

And a sh*t load more Premier League managerial experience than Arteta

This job is the very definition of a no win situation. Arsenal are in a place where by their fans expectations are vastly greater than what they can realistically achieve in the short to medium term. He should absolutely take it if offered it but would be very surprised if he lasted very long.

The thought of EH managing players like Aubameyang and Partey and Leno gives me a weird sense of pride.

If the club actually buys into the things he says and wants to implement, they’ll certainly be much better off than they are now. I don’t think it would be controversial to say that he’s very highly regarded as a hands-on training coach. And at least aesthetically, you do tend to associate Arsenal with being sleek and classy; not sure there’s a classier man in football in how he addresses the media and the fans.

But we know this all already. I hope he smashes it.

This job is the very definition of a no win situation. Arsenal are in a place where by their fans expectations are vastly greater than what they can realistically achieve in the short to medium term. He should absolutely take it if offered it but would be very surprised if he lasted very long.
I think those expectations have been lowered. He would only get 18 months if not doing well but I think he would show enough in those 18 months to win them over and stay.

It's comedy gold listening to **************** fans tell people what a mahoosive club they are and why they deserve to be in the champions league blah de blah.

It's all about heritage and being a big club, apparently.

And a sh*t load more Premier League managerial experience than Arteta

Well yes. That's true. Makes you realise hiring ex players without any managerial experience can be a disaster!

I remember watching Arsenal in the mid 1980s when they were managed by another Howe - Don, the England coach.

God, they were awful - turgid football, and a whole bunch of underachieving "stars" who looked like they couldn't be bothered most of the time. Charlie Nicholas, Tony Woodcock, Graham Rix, Steve Williams, are a few names I remember.

When George Graham came in, he quickly got rid of the bloated stars and brought in exciting young talents like David Rocastle and Michael Thomas, and within a season or two they became Division One champions.

Maybe there's a lesson there ?

Said it before so apologies if I’m boring anyone but I just don’t see Eddie as an impact manager.
Give him time and he will get a team playing but for the walk in the door instant success Im not sure, and let’s face it that is generally what an underperforming premier league team is after.
I guess it might work if the problem is Arteta, get him out and the players respond.

;