Eddie to Celtic?

I think we will all really want Ed to do well but ..its a massive risk if he takes it.
..I don't like Rangers fans one bit...from scenes I witnessed when in Scotland at various grounds...back in the 80s...

Its a brave shout for 'Our Man'..

I think it has to be London or maybe the Midlands for Eddie...or the outside chance of eventual return to Boscombe although I personally don't think its a good idea to return.

Celtic ..basically are, like Rangers, a music - hall Joke outside of Glasgow !

Celtic is a huge club, significantly bigger in almost all respects than Palace or West Ham - go to Scotland, spend time in Glasgow then you’ll understand. Why do you think Gerrard is there?

Unless you’ve spoken to Eddie (which you won’t have) the rest doesn’t make any sense to me. How do you know he has no choices? According to several media reports he’s already turned down two PL clubs. If you think about it, Eddie decided to have a few months break (he himself said he needed one) so I daresay he would not have been interested in a return until more recently. Currently we’re two thirds through a season, there is rarely new opportunity at this stage of the season therefore logic would suggest that the opportunities will arise at the end of the season.
Rumours are that he turned down Sheffield United and West Brom. He'd be taking on Championship football next season barring a miracle. He'll probably say that he had to talk to Celtic out of courtesy, massive club, rich history ,blah, blah. As you say not long now until the end of the season and I reckon Hodgson will be done.

Lerma would be out of their price range and wage bracket tbf.......Stan would be a possibility though.

wasn't their a post about wages and stan being on around 30k. either way, doubt he's on less than 20k, not sure celtic pay that these days.

although I guess a deal just less than that and the prospect of being part of a new era at the club the size of celtic could make up the deficit.

Please say why.

I am not sure the whole story will ever come out, but it is a pretty open secret that there has been some pretty big disagreement between Eddie and Jason, as a result they won't be working together anytime soon. Which is why JT now has a role at Sheff Utd whilst Eddie's future lies elsewhere - it would appear that will be Celtic.

He was nowhere near the money when.JT got the job,also nowhere near the mark with JT replacement.
He was nowhere near the money when.JT got the job,also nowhere near the mark with JT replacement.

Pretty sure he was one of the first to confirm JT was being appointed. Re JT's replacement, everybody else was wide of the mark on that one as well. But the Eddie and Jason not working together anytime soon, is a pretty open secret.

I am not sure the whole story will ever come out, but it is a pretty open secret that there has been some pretty big disagreement between Eddie and Jason, as a result they won't be working together anytime soon. Which is why JT now has a role at Sheff Utd whilst Eddie's future lies elsewhere - it would appear that will be Celtic.
Is it like the open secret that EH would never work for E Mitchell again, then came back to work with E Mitchell?

I think we will all really want Ed to do well but ..its a massive risk if he takes it.
..I don't like Rangers fans one bit...from scenes I witnessed when in Scotland at various grounds...back in the 80s...

Its a brave shout for 'Our Man'..

I think it has to be London or maybe the Midlands for Eddie...or the outside chance of eventual return to Boscombe although I personally don't think its a good idea to return.

Celtic ..basically are, like Rangers, a music - hall Joke outside of Glasgow !

Celtic fans just as bad mate. The only risk between him and silverware is Gerrard and he's a better manager than Gerrard. Eddie has been used to play the very best and now he will just need to get a tune out of his superior players to beat teams like Hamilton and St Johnstone consistently with the games against Rangers being the ultimate and tbh Rangers aren't great, I prefer them as a club and identity to Celtic but whilst Eddie is there I hope he wins everything for them because he deserves that.

Is it like the open secret that EH would never work for E Mitchell again, then came back to work with E Mitchell?

That was merely a rumour, this has been quoted by several people. Obviously it's up to you if you believe it or not, but will soon be confirmed when Eddie's next job doesn't include Jason as his assistant.

Shame Eddie can;t take Neil Blake with him but we all know that useless kunt was one of the main reasons he left.

I just hope he wins all he can at Celtic and then does a shock u-turn and comes back home to Bournemouth and avoids all the so called big PL clubs who won't appreciate him

;