Eddie to Celtic?

Not a Good Fit....I just can't imagine Our Eddie at such an awful environment....its a disgusting place...equalled only by Rangers across the City.
Mind you I'm biassed ...I want him at Partick Thistle...The Jags...the Maryhill Magyars !
"Teeeeaaahh F√ck n gae into em! The Bonny Wragg hey ....tek the Bridge at Brigtown Derry n' soz the gilly chocta bills on em ma kacky boors ya cacken yacken doo ! "

Not a Good Fit....I just can't imagine Our Eddie at such an awful environment....its a disgusting place...equalled only by Rangers across the City.
Mind you I'm biassed ...I want him at Partick Thistle...The Jags...the Maryhill Magyars !
"Teeeeaaahh F√ck n gae into em! The Bonny Wragg hey ....tek the Bridge at Brigtown Derry n' soz the gilly chocta bills on em ma kacky boors ya cacken yacken doo ! "

lots of Glasgow is very nice and beautiful countryside around there.

A good move imho - just as Brendan Rogers did but rangers were weaker then. Will need some cash to compete.

lots of Glasgow is very nice and beautiful countryside around there.

A good move imho - just as Brendan Rogers did but rangers were weaker then. Will need some cash to compete.

Your right ..the countryside is great and most of Glasgow is quite plush these days...but not sure if the immediate expectation from Celtic fans will be right for an Eddie build...whatever, just hope he does well anywhere.

A strange one. Whatever Celtic fans might like to tell you about how massive they are, it really is a Mickey Mouse league. But in terms of his career prospects it makes sense, regardless of how highly we think of him the reality is that his last job resulted in relegation, football is a very fickle business and that is what will be on everybody’s minds, this is a relatively risk free opportunity to rebuild himself and put himself back in the running for an actual top job.

Yes , who would want to go to a club and win trophies.....

Apart from Europe, in their own league it seems a bit to easy.

How many seasons recently have they won the league title?

Anyway all about opinions, think if he could Eddie would be better getting experience abroad.

Apart from Europe, in their own league it seems a bit to easy.

How many seasons recently have they won the league title?

Anyway all about opinions, think if he could Eddie would be better getting experience abroad.
Well Steven Gerrard's reputation seems to be doing ok.....Brendan Roger's did ok out of it aswell.....but as you say ,all about opinions...

Your right ..the countryside is great and most of Glasgow is quite plush these days...but not sure if the immediate expectation from Celtic fans will be right for an Eddie build...whatever, just hope he does well anywhere.

Agree - wish him well but as others have said painful seeing him at another English club

I think it’s a jolly good move for our Ed....however their supporters are unforgiving.
Mind you I wouldn’t be a taxi driver there......
4CA8F216-7700-4EF0-B46A-AA089F5C1AD2.jpeg

There's two ways to look at it.

At the moment Celtic are struggling a little and Rangers are in the ascendancy after almost a decade of Celtic dominance. If he can reverse that and put Celtic back on top he'd do his reputation a world of good.

One of the criticisms of his time here is he had a very forgiving fan base. He won't up there and they're far more numerous. It's a big club in a small league but still with the big club demands around it. So he could also add to his cv having managed a team with a large and demanding crowd.

He'd also get some experience of managing in European competition so that's another check mark on his cv. He'd get some trophies on there as well, even if they are in Scotland.

If he went up there and did all that you could see him coming back and being of interest to a team looking to break into the top six in the PL. An Everton type.

Conversely, if he went up there and didn't manage to overturn Rangers it would be a massive issue on his cv. Couldn't even come first in a two horse race in Scotland. His next move would probably have to be to a side in the Championship.

I can see the merits of it but it isn't without risk. I think the major issue is what are Celtic's ambitions for the next few seasons and will they make money available to him as it sounds like some rebuilding is needed.

;