Eddie to Celtic?

Would he come in for any of our players do you think?

depends on players’ ambitions for a new experience as they don’t pay that well. The allure of playing in front of 50k attendances and some decent European games could be an attraction for players towards end of career. I am sure boruc would recommend it.

4 players out of contract at end of season know Eddie very well!

Did a tour of ibrox about ten years ago and was surprised to see a picture of the queen above the door leading to the player’s tunnel. Shows the depth of feeling up there but anyone know if it is still there?

I’m also capable of having a conversation without throwing out insults or mocking others. Maybe you should try it
I’m sorry, I’m not standing for such blatant hypocrisy. You need to re-read a number of your own posts where you have thrown insults and mocked others. You can’t have it both ways, Waz.

Did a tour of ibrox about ten years ago and was surprised to see a picture of the queen above the door leading to the player’s tunnel. Shows the depth of feeling up there but anyone know if it is still there?

I'm almost sure it will still be there ...no one would dare take it down !
Likewise no one dare put the Queens picture up at Parkhead !

I’m also capable of having a conversation without throwing out insults or mocking others. Maybe you should try it

Hang in there Waz...your posts are OK !
When they gang up.. just give it some more!

.the club have spent big money on players but we are down again with the same size stadium.
Its a joke and a half.. if only they could see it.

I'm a Big Picture freak myself so I get mega stick..but hey who cares !

Can see why he would take the Celtic job. Would give him plenty of opportunities to “test” new tactics and different systems, particularly in the league where every player only has to have an average performance to win.

But then with the distance from home, a big move etc.

I personally think it’s too early for him. I think we may see him move somewhere in the summer but I don’t think he’s in any real rush

Hopefully Eddie finds an investor whatever big club he goes too and will come back and build us a new Stadium with said investor as it's not going to happen under this regime.

Hopefully Eddie finds an investor whatever big club he goes too and will come back and build us a new Stadium with said investor as it's not going to happen under this regime.

Hopefully Eddie will be coaching the players at whatever club he ends up at instead of looking for investors.

From an investment point of view in the modern game it makes no sense to throw money at the stadium over aiming for stability and the next highest slice of TV money.

Be careful what you wish for, I am happier knowing we have owners who have been here a while and likely made decent returns than wishing for a new investor to come in and sink a bunch of their money into a stadium that is unlikely to give them any returns in the short or medium term.

The club needs to grow in a sensible and structured way. The last thing we want to see is a return to the dark days.

Our big problem is the legacy of selling the stadium, without that we could have increased the capacity on the existing site without mega investment. To build a new stadium from scratch is never going to happen

Good article.

"My only concern would be that he is one dimensional in the sense that he has a set way of playing and won’t deviate from that. This was great when things went well, but was a catastrophic failing when Bournemouth got relegated. A pragmatic approach may have ensured that the team picked up more points. "

Just one point would have done.

I was reading this segment and alarm bells started ringing...

"he introduced an idea whereby goalkeeper’s didn’t kick the ball long from goal kicks under any circumstances. The full backs were told to push high, the centre backs were told to split to the corner of each box and the deepest central midfielder (where I played) had to come short to receive the ball. Most of the time you would be tracked by an opposing player, meaning that if you couldn’t turn you’d need to either pass the ball to one of the centre backs or work a yard to ping the ball out wide to one of the full backs.

This rigid system isn’t really the right way to play football in my opinion”

This was a word for word description of how I remember the Crawley game under Paul Groves, absolutely uncanny.

He went on to add...

“but Howe never stuck with that in the first team. It was just purely a measure to force us to play out from the back and be comfortable on the ball under pressure."

What's the point of earning £100M a year if your spending £105M a year trying to keep it?

That £105m includes saleable assets as we found out when we went down. You couldn't sell the stadium, at least not in a way that made financial sense as we've also found out.

As much as we'd have all liked a new ground relegation also showed the risks. It was always going to struggle to pay for itself even if we could guarantee PL football. Relegation slashes the income and leaves a massive debt to pay for.

I didn't get to see all the home games in the 5 years of the PL, just some of them as I didn't have a ST or enough points - only for the last season and half was I able to do so and looked what happened! For the lucky few who could go, good luck to them.

Looking back, some wonderful memories of the rise through the divisions and those 5 seasons. It's a shame that the club weren't able to add to the infrastructure by making a real start on the training ground earlier. I realise you don't / won't build an extension on a property that you don't own as in the case of Structdene / Dean Court. Will the training ground become our 21st century Walkers Stand?

Perhaps we've had the once in a lifetime occasion where a manager and a group of players were able to provide this club with such great achievements that we didn't expect and possibly won't again.

I think our best chance, possibly only chance to go back to the PL is this season.
If we don't, I can see us losing our better players over time.

I can understand the frustration of posters who feel we should be doing better. It's a difficult league to get promoted from though.
We have some really talented players, can we gel as a team to get us over the line?

Only just over half way through the season and we're handily placed, let's see, stay positive.

;