Eddie to Celtic?

Please say why.
I’ve heard it via one of the coaching team and from an ex player (not part of podcast) can’t speak for Kris T but he is closer than most.

Its to do with that final week where Eddie came to stay and JT ended up with the job. That’s why Eddie never wished him well, like anyone else would have done had they been ‘keen to take a break and handing over to a loyal successor’ as the club tried to portray it.

Anyway.... time will tell. JT is a free agent barring a short time contract so we will soon find out!

I’ve heard it via one of the coaching team and from an ex player (not part of podcast) can’t speak for Kris T but he is closer than most.

Its to do with that final week where Eddie came to stay and JT ended up with the job. That’s why Eddie never wished him well, like anyone else would have done had they been ‘keen to take a break and handing over to a loyal successor’ as the club tried to portray it.

Anyway.... time will tell. JT is a free agent barring a short time contract so we will soon find out!
If that’s true then my respect for Blake and Hughes, which was already fairly low, has now hit rock bottom. We would have stood a far better chance of an immediate return to the PL with Eddie than anyone else IMO.

One thing is for sure....EH is not at DC...so we need to get him out of our 'psyche'.
That Era is Done...
We have to Move on from having him as a theme running through all our Forward Thinking on the Forum...we are not a Stick of Rock....we are a club with our own Agenda...its not EH's agenda any more.

If that’s true then my respect for Blake and Hughes, which was already fairly low, has now hit rock bottom. We would have stood a far better chance of an immediate return to the PL with Eddie than anyone else IMO.

ordinarily I would have agreed with you but I wonder whether Eddie just needed a season off to recharge mentally. He looked a broken man at points last season and I think all the pressure took its toll. Having quality time with his young sons and wife will have done him the world of good.

Last edited:
Please say why.
Ne

From what I know Eddie wanted a break and had no falling out with JT.whether they get back together at Eddie's next club doesn't just depend on Eddie. So for someone to say they will never work together again (many years may have to pass for that to be true.)also Eddie never decided to stay in the last week .

Ne
From what I know Eddie wanted a break and had no falling out with JT.whether they get back together at Eddie's next club doesn't just depend on Eddie. So for someone to say they will never work together again (many years may have to pass for that to be true.)also Eddie never decided to stay in the last week .
Short of Eddie coming on here we will never know the truth. Maybe he is Brian? There’s definite similarities... I’ve heard the same thing from two sources in or close to the club. Kris T clearly heard something, don’t know where from. The clues are all we can look for and I was waiting to see if Eddie wished JT well as the first one to test if what I’d heard was right. The second one to me will be of he gives him a job.

I didn’t say Eddie decided to stay in the last week, clearly he didn’t. He did start the week with the intention of staying as I understand it, that’s a different thing.

I'm struggling with the notion that Tindall may have stitched him up. Even if he tried to, find it hard to imagine anyone, even Blake and Hughes, would prefer Tindall over Howe.

I'm sure I heard Tindall, speaking on the wireless this week, saying Celtic were getting a good manager in Howe. Basically, saying only positive things about Howe.

Didn't howe also mention near tge beginning of the season that he's still in touch with tindall

Word going around he will sign on Tuesday.
Also
Eddie Howe reportedly wants his former Bournemouth skipper Steve Cook to join him at Celtic next season.

The 29-year-old is out of contract at the Vitality Stadium in the summer after almost 400 games with the Cherries.

And now the Scottish Sun state Howe is keen to secure Cook's services as he looks to put together a squad capable of challenging Rangers next season.

The 43-year-old enjoys a great relationshop with his former captain who has been a key man for a number of years.

Celtic are in the search for experience with skipper Scott Brown joining Aberdeen in the summer.

I think if Eddie does go to Celtic it's inevitable we will some current or ex Cherries join him. In that respect he has plenty of previous.
I would much rather see Celtic become AFCB mk II than I would see the same happen at, say, Palace.

Word going around he will sign on Tuesday.
Also
Eddie Howe reportedly wants his former Bournemouth skipper Steve Cook to join him at Celtic next season.

The 29-year-old is out of contract at the Vitality Stadium in the summer after almost 400 games with the Cherries.

And now the Scottish Sun state Howe is keen to secure Cook's services as he looks to put together a squad capable of challenging Rangers next season.

The 43-year-old enjoys a great relationshop with his former captain who has been a key man for a number of years.

Celtic are in the search for experience with skipper Scott Brown joining Aberdeen in the summer.

Kris Temple also saying Cook has another year on his contract.

Interestingly it doesn't seem to be reported in the media and most website will show his contract expiring in the summer.

Think it would be a good move for Eddie and Steve as he would have significant role and could play into his mid thirties in Scotland for probably similar wages to what he's currently on.

I would assume that EH would have stayed if he could have got agreement with Blake on which players would be sold or released and on the transfer budget he would have. I don’t see him as quitter. Sure he looked drained towards the end of last season. But if he did not believe the squad would be good enough to bounce straight back then he may have considered it best to step down. Could have even been told to accept it or leave. I certainly believe some of the players let him down.

If he takes the job, there could be a few Eddie ‘old players’ who go up there in addition to Cook. Ritchie, Grabban and maybe even Wilshire for starters.

I wonder if he’s still got Rantie’s phone number ;)

Last edited:
Short of Eddie coming on here we will never know the truth. Maybe he is Brian? There’s definite similarities... I’ve heard the same thing from two sources in or close to the club. Kris T clearly heard something, don’t know where from. The clues are all we can look for and I was waiting to see if Eddie wished JT well as the first one to test if what I’d heard was right. The second one to me will be of he gives him a job.

I didn’t say Eddie decided to stay in the last week, clearly he didn’t. He did start the week with the intention of staying as I understand it, that’s a different thing.
As I said earlier it's not just dependent on Eddie as you say giving him a job.

I know. It’s just another clue as you build a picture. Look, like I said, at the end of the day we will probably never know and also does it really matter that much?
Out of interest if your sources are telling you that Eddie intended to stay, then what reasons to they give for his departure? As basic as player sales (I don’t believe EH could be that naive that this wouldn’t happen) or did the board just not push hard enough to keep him?

;