Eddie to Celtic?

How can you be sure? For all we know, he was jilted last summer and could be resentful and might want to remain the only manager in our history to take us into the top flight?

I'm not claiming this is the case, merely asking why you're so sure. After all, he took Ings and Bartley from us when he went to Burnley. Add in Stock, Vokes and McQuoid and he clearly likes to bring in players with who he has worked in the past. Plus the coaching and scouting members of staff.

Agree. He'll just do what's best for his current role, as he should do really.

If JW has even half sorted out the dressing- room 'divisions' ...one of which is probably old guard/ new stars...then he has achieved quite something in a short period...but I think there are deeper things going on..obviously with Agents influences being part of it.
This summer will see it fully cleaned up..whereas last summer it carried through !

How can you be sure? For all we know, he was jilted last summer and could be resentful and might want to remain the only manager in our history to take us into the top flight?

I'm not claiming this is the case, merely asking why you're so sure. After all, he took Ings and Bartley from us when he went to Burnley. Add in Stock, Vokes and McQuoid and he clearly likes to bring in players with whom he has worked in the past. Plus the coaching and scouting members of staff.
Edited to add Jon Stewart, goalie.
Well besides everything he is a supporter and I don't believe he was jilted last summer.

Does Marvin Bartley in the first window and Danny Ings and Jon Stewart in second really qualify as “loads”?

I think most were surprised with how little he raided us. Considering most of that squad left.
Agree. My overriding feeling at the time was that EH did less to disrupt our team than I was fearing. Especially knowing how back then, Mitchell would have accepted any bid for any player. After his departure he still left us with a decent team, good enough for Bradders to take them to the playoffs. It could have been much worse IMO. It wasn't exactly a John Bond / Norwich scenario, was it ?

I think EH would do similar if he goes to Celtic.
He'll enquire about the players he was close to here but I think they are all likely to be players we can survive without and who will not get another long term contract here anyway. Let's face it, there aren't many of his favourites left in the squad these days. After Cookie I don't see many others. Most of the rest were a total disappointment to him in the PL and I'm sure he won't forget that !

May wait until Summer to start the job.

Seems Eddie rates Hughes, even if some of our fans don’t.

Howe and Celtic talks
Eddie Howe is not expected to be named Celtic boss in the next 24 hours as the two sides continue to negotiate a deal with the ex-Bournemouth boss pushing for trusted ally Richard Hughes to join him north of the border. He may also wait until the summer before taking charge. (Daily Record)

Simon Francis now commenting on Eddie and very complimentary.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...says-former-bournemouth-captain-simon-francis

Last edited:
Does Marvin Bartley in the first window and Danny Ings and Jon Stewart in second really qualify as “loads”?

I think most were surprised with how little he raided us. Considering most of that squad left.

It's enough. Two of them were key players. The argument that was being put forward on here is that EH wouldn't want to harm our playoff chances with talk about players he might sign... As if he's not done exactly that the only other time he's managed a different club.

To clarify I'm not slating him for it, just saying the point that he wouldn't do that is objectively incorrect.

Howe and Celtic talks
Eddie Howe is not expected to be named Celtic boss in the next 24 hours as the two sides continue to negotiate a deal with the ex-Bournemouth boss pushing for trusted ally Richard Hughes to join him north of the border. He may also wait until the summer before taking charge. (Daily Record)

If I was a Celtic fan I might be a bit concerned that he was using us to flush out a Premier League job...

Pretty sure David James has been used as one of these supposed big name players that Eddie Howe couldn’t manage...

“He so politely sacked me that I didn’t realise until I had walked out the door that I was never going to play again. And I was like, ‘hang on!’.
“But I couldn’t run back into the room and have a go at him as he’s such a decent bloke and he did it in the right way.
“He was in the top two managers I ever worked with – Harry Redknapp is the other. Talk about chalk and cheese!
“At Celtic if he goes in there, then tactically he will be superb. He’s got a calming influence and would get the best out of that side.”

May wait until Summer to start the job.

Seems Eddie rates Hughes, even if some of our fans don’t.

Howe and Celtic talks

I think the reality is that Eddie wants to work in a structure where the Manager tells the Director of Football what to do and not vice versa.

;