Eddie's post-match body language

simonhpieman

Star Player
Had tears in his eyes, wouldn't blame the players, blamed himself, felt a little clueless and was generally crestfallen.

Fair not to blame the players?

It's certainly fair to blame himself for a good portion of the last few games and in particular tonight but if he is at a loss then what hope have we got?!

Watched him address the away fans on amazon prime. You could clearly see hum tapping both hands on his chest mouthing my fault. He knows something isn't clicking and I tend to agree. I think there's an element of cohesion we had before that is lacking, we used to be more of a team.

What I can see is that Eddie has the gravitas to turn it around, but this is a new problem that Eddie hasn't faced before, and a different type of struggle.

Eddie has only known Success over the past Decade....100% thats what its been !
So this is his biggest challenge so far....pulling a failing squad back into confident mode.. that fact that some of the reasons for the slump is becoming clear to him as being his mistakes.. is actually a positive. .....we have to be with him 'all the way'....our Verbal support is Crucial...whether in the media, online or at the ground!

Eddie has only known Success over the past Decade....100% thats what its been !
So this is his biggest challenge so far....pulling a failing squad back into confident mode.. that fact that some of the reasons for the slump is becoming clear to him as being his mistakes.. is actually a positive. .....we have to be with him 'all the way'....our Verbal support is Crucial...whether in the media, online or at the ground!
Eddie and the team have suffered spells before where we just couldn't buy a win. But agree with your sentiment, Bill that now is the time to support him more than ever.

have slumps I’ve this , it’s what we do. We are at our best when we don’t tinker with the team loads and loads.

Time for the team to roll up their sleaves

I expect its as low as any of us have felt for a good while. Certainly when Eddie's been in charge.
Absolutely that. A very painful evening. Can’t remember when I felt so bad about us, certainly since eddie came back. I couldn’t even bear to clap the players at the end. I just wanted out ( and I have been clapping them at the end of some pretty ropey performances .......but I normally clap their effort) . Dreadful feeling

Its absolutley nothing to do with formations!

Its about players individual commitment to the team and to 'wanting it'.

The PL is full of players that think theyve.. 'made it ' because its PL....which is hyped as the best....its no better than other top divs in other lands in reality.....Dobake Divvy and Dimlo English fans believe that because Tossers in the Sun and Lineker say it is.
The Championship is only minimally less skilled and as an entertainment is better!
German football is way ahead (Klopp!) ...it will be proved yet again in the Euro Tournament.
We are being Conned!

First time for many a year that I didn’t clap the players at the end.
Like the majority, I just walked out at the final whistle and ignored the pitch.
That was a truly horrible experience - the ineptitude was horrifying.
Perhaps the first thing that Eddie ought to work on, is to encourage the players to maybe have a fcuking shot on goal occasionally.

Reactions: MMP
...all of us there must have felt the depression and pain of watching an AFCB team devoid of ideas and the ability to penetrate the Palace defence...especially when it was against ten men for the most of the game...we were a very pale shadow of the team I have been watching in The PL and looking at players like Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser really struggling is a huge worry...and Howe must be frustrated as to why their form has fallen off a cliff?

I can't get behind Eddie, because
a) he has put the squad together, including spending millions and millions on players who are not up to it
b) they play to Eddie's formation and tactics.
Neither a) or b) has worked.

To say we should get behind him is like asking us to get behind a clapped out black and white telly in the hope that it will suddenly start screening coloured pictures. It ain't going to happen.

;