Emiliano Marcondes

I know it’s early days but he’s had a decent crack of the whip and I’m really not sure what Marcondes offers. Desperately poor today (along with 1 or 2 others) but also incredibly frustrating in his decision making and general lack of urgency (including strolling over to take corners). Would love to be proved wrong but looks nowhere near good enough for me.

Well...few of today's players are particularly professional with regard to commitment to a club are they..its a f√cking easy ride to a big bank balance...
Half the Forum won't want to read such a 'platitude'..but its f√cking true whether anyone likes it or not!

From what I can see his main strength is making late runs into the box to get on the end of chances, he also takes a good set piece. Not sure he is the creative type we need in that number eight position though. Perhaps could be room with him alongside a more creative type as a goal scoring midfielder, trouble is that Billing has almost exactly the same attributes as him but just slightly better. What I am sure of though is that if both him and Billing are playing as number eights then we will struggle to create from central areas.

He is pretty good at taking corners by our standards, to be honest.
Cleared the first man to give Dom his headed chance today and put in some nice ones previously.
Why do we not have “special teams” in “soccer” ? He’d be my guy for corners all day long ! :throw:

Looks like a luxury player to me, has talent to create a good assist or the odd goal but doesn't put much effort in and often a passenger for most of the match from the games I've seen.

He does seem to create space in the area quite a lot, which is a sign of an intelligent player. Obviously this isn't a benefit unless we can find him or the ball breaks kindly though.

Two technical players who can unlock things, getting Marcondes and Brooks more involved will help solve our creativity issue. And to do that I think they have to play closer together. Currently they're miles apart, isolated and have as yet no chemistry between them.

If the wide man plays a little closer inside, then given they can both play wide or central, they should be able to interchange and get pockets of space.

That will become narrow, so Stacey or Smith give the width from full back as long as a midfield containing Pearson and Lerma can cover the runs.

We have the pieces to a puzzle, but not quite sure how best they fit together yet.

Will we see much of him this season?..... when Stan comes back Marcondes is probably 5th choice to start a game..... he's been disappointing tbf.

Think we may be glad of him around Xmas time if we pick up a couple of injuries and a suspension or two. Love Stan but have kind of given up on him nowadays.

Think we may be glad of him around Xmas time if we pick up a couple of injuries and a suspension or two. Love Stan but have kind of given up on him nowadays.
It would take a lot of injuries to our midfielders for him to get a look in tbf...Billing ...Christie even Jeff will be preferred in that attacking midfielder role.....and if Stan is fit he'll play.

He'll get game time as the season progresses. Only now he'll know that he isn't an automatic pick due to injuries so it's up to him to take his chance.

A tad harsh to judge him on performances in a team bereft of senior players. You can see how much better everyone looks with a few more older heads out there and options on the bench. Let's see how he gets on when he's surrounded by players like that.

;