Emiliano Marcondes

It will be interesting to see how Parker treats the FA Cup. If Norwich was an indication then I can see him getting at least one more game this season.

He'll get game time as the season progresses. Only now he'll know that he isn't an automatic pick due to injuries so it's up to him to take his chance.

A tad harsh to judge him on performances in a team bereft of senior players. You can see how much better everyone looks with a few more older heads out there and options on the bench. Let's see how he gets on when he's surrounded by players like that.
Other players like Billing still excelled when we had injuries....christ even Kilkenny Zemura and Anthony did......he played with Jeff and Pearlo at Hull and still looked poor...

He'll get game time as the season progresses. Only now he'll know that he isn't an automatic pick due to injuries so it's up to him to take his chance.

A tad harsh to judge him on performances in a team bereft of senior players. You can see how much better everyone looks with a few more older heads out there and options on the bench. Let's see how he gets on when he's surrounded by players like that.
Agreed. Also think people are expecting him to be some sort of world beater when in reality he was a squad player for Brentford whose squad on paper wasn't that much stronger than ours last season. He's slightly different than anything else we have in that he will find pockets of space in and around the opposition penalty area in tight games and find a goal for us without contributing too much else.

Marcondes is a talented footballer, of that I have no doubt. However, I really don’t see how he fits into the system that Parker has implemented this season. He can clearly be dangerous if you can get him in and around the penalty area, but he does not look very comfortable when tasked with dropping deeper into midfield to pick up the ball. The Blackpool game was an example of this, we got overrun in the middle of the park partly due to the fact Marcondes was so high up the pitch the majority of the game. He has said himself that his best position is as a number ten and to me I can completely see where he’s coming from given his attributes. Unfortunately just doesn’t fit into how we play right now, from what I’ve seen of him I like him as a player though.

It would take a lot of injuries to our midfielders for him to get a look in tbf...Billing ...Christie even Jeff will be preferred in that attacking midfielder role.....and if Stan is fit he'll play.
I don’t think Stan will automatically play if he’s fit, he’ll have to earn his place just like everybody else.

It would take a lot of injuries to our midfielders for him to get a look in tbf...Billing ...Christie even Jeff will be preferred in that attacking midfielder role.....and if Stan is fit he'll play.

I'm not sure Jeff would be preferred but agree that Billing and Christie will do. With potential injuries, Covid issues and suspensions, he may well get a chance, though.

I don’t think Stan will automatically play if he’s fit, he’ll have to earn his place just like everybody else.

Me neither. Not the way Anthony is playing. Impact sub unless he gets his chance because of injuries. Hopefully we wouldn't sub him on to try and score a penalty!

I wonder if the club are rueing renewing his contract. Injured already, games missed already and one of our top earners. I agree there is some ability there but I think we are doing pretty well without him and the young lads are excelling in the team. He's a pretty expensive luxury.

I wonder if the club are rueing renewing his contract. Injured already, games missed already and one of our top earners. I agree there is some ability there but I think we are doing pretty well without him and the young lads are excelling in the team. He's a pretty expensive luxury.

His experience will hopefully be beneficial for the younger guys' development, whether he plays or not (obviously it would help if he was with them on the training ground a bit more...)

He is a very good striker of the ball even if he contributes little else at times. Surely bring him on at 75-80 minutes if we need a goal.

If we don’t get automatic promotion, he will be good to have in the play-off final when he puts the ball away for the winning goal. ;)

With 38 games still to play and the winter period to come, pitch conditions will change and we will pick up injuries, unless we are really lucky, so having a strong squad will come into its own and some time during this period Marcondes will get a game.

I imagine his renewed contract has taking into account his injury record and will. no longer make him a 'high earner'.. Was probably the reason he took so long to sign it...

I doubt it, its not a great surprise with his history that we'd be fortunate for him to be available for half the games this season.

I'm not sure Jeff would be preferred but agree that Billing and Christie will do. With potential injuries, Covid issues and suspensions, he may well get a chance, though.

More deeply yes but think Emi is more of a goalscorer so might get the nod if it's down to SP needing an attacking midfielder. Billing and Christie are before him, though.

He is a very good striker of the ball even if he contributes little else at times. Surely bring him on at 75-80 minutes if we need a goal.
I think, because of the rumours I read about him, he's an expensive liability but I like him and would not like to see him go. If he trains with the first team he can show our young lads a thing or two... hmm! I expect some of our youngsters could show him a thing or two too. QED
UTC

;