Emiliano Marcondes

I doubt it, its not a great surprise with his history that we'd be fortunate for him to be available for half the games this season.
I'd take that......no one else in our squad will post the sort of numbers Stan can.... he's had 30mins of football this season and had 3 assists!
He scored 10 goals last season playing on the left or as a 10 in about 18 games.....when he came back from injury Danjuma and Billing were in those positions and Stan had to fill in on the right.....in his correct position he was in course to beat Danjuma's numbers........even with injuries.

Junior Stanisglass is a superb player. With a less injury prone body he would have possibly been at a 'bigger club' somewhere. However, even with the limited number of games he has played, over time he's made some big contributions to AFCB.

Regardless of his injury record, Stanislas is a great player as was def worth a new contract... Sometimes you have to have a little bit of sentiment in football as well, even if only a little... Both Stan and Smith deserved their contract extensions on both sentiment and ability...

Stan will struggle to work his way back into the starting line up but will push Anthony all the way... Be a great addition when he's fit again

Regardless of his injury record, Stanislas is a great player as was def worth a new contract... Sometimes you have to have a little bit of sentiment in football as well, even if only a little... Both Stan and Smith deserved their contract extensions on both sentiment and ability...

Stan will struggle to work his way back into the starting line up but will push Anthony all the way... Be a great addition when he's fit again

a good track record yes, not sure theres room for sentiment when you're talking 10k+ a week...

I think Parker sees him as an attacking midfielder.....that was where he started against Blackpool ...having a player that is able to pick up the ball on the half turn ...beat a man and run at a defence at speed before slotting in a foward like he did for Solankes goal in that game is a massive asset.... Championship defences can't cope with that sort of penetration.... of course we know he can play on the left of a front 3 if Anthony gets injured or play as a 10 in place of Billing in a 4231 or as mentioned play on the left or right as one of the two no.8s...........as I said when he's fit he will play.

Danish Podcast with Marcondes.

Hebo: In the Danish Superliga, both at FC Midtjylland and FC Nordsjælland you played as either number 10 or False 9. How would you describe your position in Brentford’s system?

Marcondes: Brentford do not play with either a number 10 or False 9, which I see as my best positions. However, I think I can play in many positions, as I have done throughout my career. You could probably argue that my versatility has actually been both good and bad for me. My role at Brentford is more defensive, yet I’m usually a little higher up the pitch compared to the others who play the number 8 role. In my position, I use a lot of energy on pressing the opposition, covering the wings, and closing passing lanes from the wings into the central areas. When we are in possession and are developing our attacks, I usually drop deeper as a number 6 between the two central defenders to get the ball and distribute it from there or bring it up myself. When I do that, I’m obviously far away from the opposition goal and where I would prefer to be, namely the box. So, I run a lot both in defence and attack, but it also means I don’t use my energy and creativity where I think I’m best, the final third. We’ve tried to solve it, and in some games, I think it’s been really good, but it’s still a conundrum that remains unresolved to some extent for me here at Brentford.

https://www.beesunited.org.uk/in-focus/emiliano-marcondes-opens-up-on-his-time-with-the-bees/

Reactions: key
Surely is deserving of a start over Billing on current form? Has contributed hugely to the turnarounds in both of the last two games. Knows how to pick a pass in the final third that’s for sure.
problem is when he has started he has been quite poor over his whole time on pitch, some players are just better suited to impact subs maybe he falls into that bracket?

;