Empty Seats

james_AFCB

Star Player
Lots of empty seats tonight despite another sell out. Club really need to work on an easy way for ST holders to release their seats when they can’t attend. Areas of the family sections look to be less than 50% full in places, not necessarily surprising on a week night - surely the club could install a feature on the ticket portal to allow families to give up their seats for games they can’t attend?

Couldnt go again at late notice due to MIL dying this afternoon so doubt could've shifted ticket but defo think there should be a quick and easy way to be able to allow tickets to be available

That area in the main stand next to the ted shed was only 10% occupied. Yet is shown sold out as one of the first areas.

Huh? The south stand is full! It’s family stand ST holders not turning up that’s the problem.
Playing Devils Advocate here if a ST holder doesn't want to go , having already paid in advance for their seat, that's their choice. If they then choose not to relinquish that seat for sale , again that this is their choice. There is no law that says you have to turn up. However, and I must must admit I'm not entirely sure, the club don't reimburse an ST holder if they can't go. ( Somebody out me right if that's not the case).

That area in the main stand next to the ted shed was only 10% occupied. Yet is shown sold out as one of the first areas.

Overflow family stand I believe. Controversial opinion alert: family tickets are too cheap (at least they were last time we were in the championship). If they were more realistically priced people wouldn't treat them like they'd bought an option to decide whether they can be arsed to go or not.

Playing Devils Advocate here if a ST holder doesn't want to go , having already paid in advance for their seat, that's their choice. If they then choose not to relinquish that seat for sale , again that this is their choice. There is no law that says you have to turn up. However, and I must must admit I'm not entirely sure, the club don't reimburse an ST holder if they can't go. ( Somebody out me right if that's not the case).
Don’t disagree that it’s the ST holders choice, but if the club gave them an easy way to relinquish the seat when they don’t need it, and be paid back some of the cost, then I don’t see why anyone would intentionally hold onto it if they couldn’t attend.

If a ST holder spends £550 for a seat, it’s their prerogative to not use it every game if they don’t want to/can’t use it… The club can’t and shouldn’t get involved in how much it’s used from a contractual perspective… However, I do agree that the club could very easily incentivise people to try and free up their seat… and make it easier to do so… especially now we’ve barcoded tickets…

We’ve been here before with this discussion, but many clubs offer a small amount of money off of next season’s ST for every game you free up on your ST. Very easy to do and no actual cash is needed to be exchanged/refunded…

We’ve never been know for creative thinking before when it comes to STs so I wouldn’t hold your breath for anything to happen on this anytime soon…

;