England call-ups?

DJ

With Gareth Southgate watching back to back AFC Bournemouth games he must have an eye on someone? So who is at the top of his list?

Callum Wilson?
Steve Cook?
Adam Smith?
Charlie Daniels?

Harry Arter? :clown:

afcdibby - 1/11/2016 08:00

Jack Wilshere?

It would be typical considering he gets a lot of media attention, I was just kind of hoping a "proper" Bournemouth player could get a call up.

I strongly suspect it's Wilshere, but that's a bit premature considering he's only just back to playing 90 mins. I would love to see Wilson get a call up but again he's not quite back at his best yet (although getting there). If Glenn Johnson can still get called up, then there's no reason Smith can't.

It'll be a special day if and probably when AFCB get our first senior England call up.

I was impressed with Ben Gibson, an area where England are lacking

Wilshere for sure, Smith the only one with a realistic chance of getting in the squad, Wilson needs a goal scoring spree to get noticed, the others nope.

I think we're underestimating Franno's and Cook's performances in the last couple of months... and perhaps Southgate's desire to clean out some tried and tested deadwood in the England set up...

The way we play football, you have to believe that Southgate has his eye on at least 1 AFCB player that isn't Wilshire...

He could have been looking at Spurs and Boro players for all we know. However, Cook and Smith ought to be on his radar at the very least.

Smith is comfortably behind Walker and Clyne. Cook comfortably behind quite a few others. Personally think Wilshere will get called up for next weekend. In both games he's created opportunities while the England team cannot seem to create anything. He adds something the England team lacks.

You can almost see it now........Wilshere gets called up and plays........gets injured out till after Xmas !!

Silent AFCB - 1/11/2016 09:33

Smith is comfortably behind Walker and Clyne. Cook comfortably behind quite a few others. Personally think Wilshere will get called up for next weekend. In both games he's created opportunities while the England team cannot seem to create anything. He adds something the England team lacks.

Agree. Walker has looked absolute quality every time I've seen him play for Spurs. Stronger and better at crossing than Smith, too.

That's not to say Smith hasn't been good, he's been on great form the last few months.

Nobody has mentioned Surman. I know he is now injured of course, but he is eligible to play for England and I think he is one of the most reliable "engine room" players you can hope to find.

I think a lot of of peeps on here are over-rating our players! we are an ok TEAM, but individually not that great in the grand scheme of things.....

You have to play for either Spurs or Manure Reserves, to get a Southgate call up.

The only other way is at some time in the past, to have played in a few England U21's that Southgate managed.

tednphil - 1/11/2016 15:31

You have to play for either Spurs or Manure Reserves, to get a Southgate call up.

The only other way is at some time in the past, to have played in a few England U21's that Southgate managed.

Based off one round of fixtures in which he included Burnley's keeper and CB?

I honestly don't get why people get so upset about it. Our players simply are a level behind in almost all positions. It's the team unity which makes us special.

tednphil - 1/11/2016 12:31

Ibe played under him at that level, but IIRC they fell out :)

;