England Euro 2020

Good grief, is that how we now assess how good a flag is?
We have indubitably and by far the coolest flag in the world.
Why on earth would other nations’ citizens choose to have it on their clothes, cars and other items ! Explain to me how the Maple Leaf is the world’s best flag. There is ZERO evidence for that FFS !

Last edited:
Good grief, is that how we now assess how good a flag is?
It’s called graphic design Stan, look it up.
The Union Flag is widely regarded as a truly iconic piece of graphic design with incredible universal appeal. It probably happened by accident but there is no denying that it has proven incredibly popular, even amongst individuals who have no association with the country it was designed to represent. How the Canadian flag can be more beautiful when hardly anybody outside of Canada seems to appreciate it is a mystery to me.
But then again, beautiful is subjective. Most iconic would HAVE TO BE the Union Flag. But if it’s only the second most “beautiful”, why do so many foreigners like it so much ?
:unsure:

This thread really has gone off topic :ROFLMAO:
I was about to say that. Enough talk about flags ( ours is easily the best by any measure after all ) and let’s get back on topic !
Engerland, Engerland, Engerland ( and yes, the English flag is shite but without it we wouldn’t have the coolness that is the Union Flag ! )

Please can we just win on Sunday ? It would be the first major tournament win for England since before I was born !

;