Ethan Laird

We have had an Efan and Eunan, not sure if we have ever had an Ethan.

We've had some pretty sharp E names tbf, on top of Efan and Eunan we've also had an Emerson, Everald and Emmanuel.

Then there's Eric and Ernie, not forgetting Elliot and Elliott and of course Eddie.

Last edited:
That's a first. : )
Was the question, " What's the biggest toilet in the U.K? " : )

You need to get out and about more if you think either are a toilet! Bit dull? very possibly.

Already compared Reading and Bournemouth Town centres in the last few weeks. Sadly we don't win that one.

You need to get out and about more if you think either are a toilet! Bit dull? very possibly.

Already compared Reading and Bournemouth Town centres in the last few weeks. Sadly we don't win that one.

Don't get a lot of getting out and about opportunities, if I do, I'd go for Bristol, Bath or that there London town : )

Bit late to the party on this one, but I paid a bit more attention to the Swansea highlights when my boy was on one of his rewatching former games marathons earlier.

I noticed that Laird was the player who Leif Davis had an absolute ‘mare against for 20 or so minutes. Of course he was a wing back as opposed to a right back, so couldn’t really judge him defensively but in an attacking sense he looked exciting.

Anyway hopefully SP has seen something in him to strengthen our squad…although as we have seen with Rogers and Davis it can be be difficult for those without much experience in what is a promotion chasing side in this league…given that Laird has quite a few games under his belt with Swansea then he represents an upgrade on Stacey IMO who just seems to be lacking some self belief after some criticism from fans recently

I actually think Stacey has picked himself up. He did have a rough patch but has been better more recently I think.

Bit late to the party on this one, but I paid a bit more attention to the Swansea highlights when my boy was on one of his rewatching former games marathons earlier.

I noticed that Laird was the player who Leif Davis had an absolute ‘mare against for 20 or so minutes. Of course he was a wing back as opposed to a right back, so couldn’t really judge him defensively but in an attacking sense he looked exciting.
Yes agree. On the flip side, I seem to remember a couple of our goals came down Laird's flank?

Zemura and Laird as full backs would be exciting, but seems to me we'd definitely need the workrate of say Christie, Lerma and Anthony to cover the flying full backs!

Yes agree. On the flip side, I seem to remember a couple of our goals came down Laird's flank?

Zemura and Laird as full backs would be exciting, but seems to me we'd definitely need the workrate of say Christie, Lerma and Anthony to cover the flying full backs!

Isn’t that exactly the point? Essentially you have real fluidity attacking down each flank with the wide attackers and full backs free to interchange, and with Lerma and Cook stepping across as cover.

That peach of a cross from Davis that Solanke volleyed into the net for one.

The announcement took a bit longer than usual as someone had to scrape the word 'Cook' off the back of all the shirts first, before re-printing with the word 'Laird'

;