European Super League

I just don't see what's wrong with kicking them out of your own competition tbh. Most of us wouldn't be allowed to work for competitors on the side of our main jobs.

Looks like, for now at least, that the A22 proposal won’t be a goer.

For all the marketing to try and pretend they’d learned from their mistakes they’ve still developed a competition that even if Leicester City win the Premier League they don’t qualify for either of the top two divisions of their super league.

As for UEFA and FIFA, sure, they’re not ideal, the new Champions League is a frankensteins monster, a competition devised by committee , but if anyone was unsure on how things would look without them you just have to look at the cricket landscape at the moment with Indian franchises colonising the world and threatening international cricket’s existence.

Sure UEFA and FIFA are in it for themselves, but at least there’s some global organisation so football can’t just eat itself.

As for the FIFA Club World Cup, I’ve always liked that idea so I’m intrigued by it. I’m sure the clubs can work out a way to manage their players to accommodate.

It would be interesting to hear what all the fans of those big clubs in the Championship & Div 1 think - you know all those teams that "deserve" to be in the PL on account of their history and big crowds. Surely more chance for them if the big 6 clear off?

The European Super League organisers have told i they are still planning talks with Premier League clubs despite several leading English sides publicly distancing themselves from the latest proposals.

Super League backers A22 revealed detailed new plans for a pan European competition, including three leagues, midweek games and free streaming of matches, after the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled on Thursday that it had been unlawful for Fifa and Uefa to ban clubs from joining the competition.

The Premier League‘s “Big Six” joined 12 clubs in signing up for the original Super League plans in April 2021 but were forced to pull out following a monumental backlash from supporters. It caused the idea to collapse, but fresh life was breathed into the proposals by the ECJ decision.

The European Super League organisers have told i they are still planning talks with Premier League clubs despite several leading English sides publicly distancing themselves from the latest proposals.

Super League backers A22 revealed detailed new plans for a pan European competition, including three leagues, midweek games and free streaming of matches, after the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled on Thursday that it had been unlawful for Fifa and Uefa to ban clubs from joining the competition.

The Premier League‘s “Big Six” joined 12 clubs in signing up for the original Super League plans in April 2021 but were forced to pull out following a monumental backlash from supporters. It caused the idea to collapse, but fresh life was breathed into the proposals by the ECJ decision.

Perhaps we’ll sign up?! Hitting

If they can pay Jon Rahm 400m for playing 14 tournaments per year
who knows what they would offer a football club
money doesn't seem a problem.

;