European Super League

It’s interesting that this thread begins with Bayern Munich and they’re now currently not involved.

I always thought this was a big bluff but as mentioned previously, the Spanish and Italian clubs are in huge debts. Their owners need an immediate short term fix. The 6 English clubs are not in the same position as them, so maybe they will wobble, particularly Manchester City and Chelsea. If they believe they will lose their revenue from the Premier League they could, as Gary Neville has said, bottle it.

"It's all about the money
It's all about the dum dum......."

But listen carefully to the last verse:

"It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dum dum.......
And I don't think It's funny to see us fade away
It's all 'bout the money
It's all 'bout the dum dum...
and I think we got it all wrong anyway
Anyway "

Kick them out of all competitions now.

If clubs then say they are pulling out of the super league put them way down the pyramid.

Put maximum wage in PL and EFL. An end to the absurd money that players get.

Fans boycott channels and broadcasters showing the super league games.

Boycott companies advertising on those channels.

The PL TV money bubble was always going to burst, maybe now is the time to focus on clubs becoming sustainable.

This was always coming.

#stuffyoursuperleague
These are as much of a fantasy as the vision of the super league, especially the salary cap/maximum which could have disastrous effects on lower level clubs.

The PL, FL, FA, UEFA, FIFA. I can't speak much for the European domestic top flight authorities, but otherwise these are the same authorities who showed precisely zero leadership during the first 6 months of Covid. During the time whilst everyone squabbled about what to do, when to stop, whether to restart and how to restart etc.

Those same authorities are now playing poker against the most cynical and wealthy club owners / businessmen in the world. Who here has any confidence that the footballing authorities will hold the line and take any effective measures to contain this latest crisis?

I fully expect these clubs to run rings about the abject footballing governance. They are weak and the clubs know it.

without doubt it will pan out that fans will not tolerate their teams being dumped out of The PL...so despite all the bluster at the moment it will be the popular opinion of ALL fans and the pressure that they can apply to make wealthy owners understand that this is not some american styled sport it has deep roots in the pysche of the british people.

But as above stated the authorites than run the game are the slaves not the masters...

...does sound like this was hatched a while ago and that those clubs involved know exactly what the stakes are and if they push it through crushing all opposition?

The PL, FL, FA, UEFA, FIFA. I can't speak much for the European domestic top flight authorities, but otherwise these are the same authorities who showed precisely zero leadership during the first 6 months of Covid. During the time whilst everyone squabbled about what to do, when to stop, whether to restart and how to restart etc.

Those same authorities are now playing poker against the most cynical and wealthy club owners / businessmen in the world. Who here has any confidence that the footballing authorities will hold the line and take any effective measures to contain this latest crisis?

I fully expect these clubs to run rings about the abject footballing governance. They are weak and the clubs know it.

I agree they will fold. They may shelve these plans but the net result will be further consolidation of power and money among the top clubs. It is literally designed to create a closed shop among the elite clubs, which has been happening for decades as Rob has said.

If only we had football organisations with the balls to act against this profiteering. If only FIFA weren't too busy preparing for the completely-above-board Qatar World Cup to sort it out. :censor:

Reminds me of the Packer circus in cricket. The rebels were allowed back into the tent in due course.

;