European Super League

The government now saying they will try and block it by not approving work permits. At least if the clubs totally fucked off abroad then phoenix clubs could be created in the same stadiums.

Let's be honest, it's absolutely in the governments interest to block it as well and keep the money for tax within the UK.

Its pricks like this that the ESL will be reliant on.

I once interviewed a person like this at work quite a while ago who had named his favourite teams on his CV. In every sport it was the current champions and I smelt a rat. It started an HR debate on whether the following questions are appropriate. ‘So, you’re a big Arsenal fan?’, “Yes”, ‘Can you tell me what shirt number Thierry Henry wears?’.
Needless to say, he didn’t know. My view is that I didn’t want someone who would misrepresent themselves or lie to me getting the job. It isn’t sports related so they had no need to include this on their CV.

Thinking about what happened with Cricket and Rugby League, will the ESL give the teams new names? How about:

Manchester Stealers
Manchester Oillers
Liverpool Red Sox
Tottenham Hot Dogs
Chelsea Oligarchs
Arsenal Librarians
Madrid Spoilers
Madrid (went along for the) Riders
Barcelona Bank Managers
Juventus Brown Paper Bagers
Milan Mussolinis
Milan Interbank Overnight Interest Raters

While the suggestions are my own, I can't claim credit for the idea behind this post. It was sent to me by a life-long Spurs supporting friend (who is seriously considering switching to us).

Thinking about what happened with Cricket and Rugby League, will the ESL give the teams new names? How about:

Manchester Stealers
Manchester Oillers
Liverpool Red Sox
Tottenham Hot Dogs
Chelsea Oligarchs
Arsenal Librarians
Madrid Spoilers
Madrid (went along for the) Riders
Barcelona Bank Managers
Juventus Brown Paper Bagers
Milan Mussolinis
Milan Interbank Overnight Interest Raters

While the suggestions are my own, I can't claim credit for the idea behind this post. It was sent to me by a life-long Spurs supporting friend (who is seriously considering switching to us).
Manchester Greedy Fuckers
Liverpool Greedy Fu
ckers
Madrid Greedy.....well, you get the gist

Football without fans is competing for the esport market. Why pay to watch the esl when you can have the real thing on FIFA with your mates.

The esl would need qualified officials where are they coming from?

I once interviewed a person like this at work quite a while ago who had named his favourite teams on his CV. In every sport it was the current champions and I smelt a rat. It started an HR debate on whether the following questions are appropriate. ‘So, you’re a big Arsenal fan?’, “Yes”, ‘Can you tell me what shirt number Thierry Henry wears?’.
Needless to say, he didn’t know. My view is that I didn’t want someone who would misrepresent themselves or lie to me getting the job. It isn’t sports related so they had no need to include this on their CV.

On that - many many years ago I was helping my brother with his CV ABD he asked me to jazz up his “ activities, sports , recreation “bit ...
“ Put in something like quad biking “
Which I did ...
So , his first interview with this new dynamic CV and the interviewer says “ I see you’re into quad biking ? So am I - what circuits di you go to and do you ride any particular type ? “ :grinning:

Somehow he managed to blag an answer but he removed that ‘ interest ‘ from his CV forthwith ....

If the ESL does go ahead, when these super rich clubs run out of money is it then going to be a Global Super League with South American clubs?

Sargeant Tuesdays Super League Nonsense Hearts Club Band.

I daresay Elmer J.Chickenshi*tter will sit on his verandha in Mississippi, watching Chelsea Blue v Barcelona Baywatch - a Happy Hillbilly....
..or Wilburjohn J Turkeyknackers the 3rd, sat in his Vermont Ski-Lodge watching Manchester Devils v Juventus Juggernauts on a Rootbeer high!

Its OK.. F√ck em....Gid on down to one of yer local Non - league grounds.. Gid a fookin girt Pig Pie...Pint of Bugginsworth Barley Bitter or whatever..shout what ye likes at the ref cus you lost 8-3 but go home happy to wifeys Parsnips in Ginger on a bed of Spinach with Tibetan Yak meatballs arranged in a heart shape around the edges.

The Yanks is Comin'...a ' Wrap'..

Who dat man invent dis crap?
Do he wear a baseball cap?
Him don't care 'bout Preston Norfend,
Fink dat f√ckers 'round da bend,
Check out dis man sanity,
Don't spare dat man wid yo profanity,
Wot fink he do ..he call it 'soccer'.
Dem yankmans do be off dems rocker !

We want Stan Maffyew ball wiv laces,
Not Babe Roof runnin roun' corner bases.

Corner flag..up Yankmans Ass.....
Send dem home wid dere brass!

;