European Super League

Recall how it used to be suggested tge huge debts the elite clubs, particularly Real, were manageable/servicable for a variety of reasons.

What will be will be.. with this stuff.

WE are not paying for it..we can just laugh at it...at the Business.

And we can nip down a Rec.. chuck jumpers (or anoraks for some ) down for goalposts..and have a kick about...that's all it started out as..

Whitecliffe Super League ....pigs bladder if'n you can't buy a ball....no Money needed!

Recall how it used to be suggested the huge debts the elite clubs, particularly Real, were manageable/serviceable for a variety of reasons.

Debt is debt. It is a deficit, minus money, arrears, in the red, a tab, on the slate [ad nauseam in dead parrot Monty Python style]. It's not a weird* concept.

It represents money that is owed to someone and has to be repaid one day. Either* that or, when one day finally comes around, the creditors seize* the assets or they forfeit* the lot and bankruptcy is declared.

It's why Juventus and Barcelona respectively had to let Ronaldo and Messi go and why Real are desperate to shift Christian Bale and his £300,000 a week wages, because their is a ceiling* as to how much lenders are willing to stump up.

The three clubs are still trying to get the not-so-really-very-super-league off the ground as they still smell the 300-odd million quid each that JP Morgan were going to stump up. While actually trying to reduce their outgoings somewhat, the three clubs still cling to a hope that someone or something will bail them out.

*Remember learning at school, "i before c except after c"? How about, "i before c except after c, except when it doesn't" instead?

Debt is debt. It is a deficit, minus money, arrears, in the red, a tab, on the slate [ad nauseam in dead parrot Monty Python style]. It's not a weird* concept.

It represents money that is owed to someone and has to be repaid one day. Either* that or, when one day finally comes around, the creditors seize* the assets or they forfeit* the lot and bankruptcy is declared.

It's why Juventus and Barcelona respectively had to let Ronaldo and Messi go and why Real are desperate to shift Christian Bale and his £300,000 a week wages, because their is a ceiling* as to how much lenders are willing to stump up.

The three clubs are still trying to get the not-so-really-very-super-league off the ground as they still smell the 300-odd million quid each that JP Morgan were going to stump up. While actually trying to reduce their outgoings somewhat, the three clubs still cling to a hope that someone or something will bail them out.

*Remember learning at school, "i before c except after c"? How about, "i before c except after c, except when it doesn't" instead?

I remember learning i before e except after c but I don’t remember Real Madrid signing Batman…

I before e......got me thinkin' .....mmmm yeah.... Ilete...instead of Elite !

Maybe then folk won't go spare apesh*t or their monkey's bananas.. when I refer to it ! :tophat:

Last edited:
The well-known “rule” is stated in the following jingle: "i before e except after c, or when sounded as a as in neighbour and weigh."

However, there are many exceptions to this guideline. Some common ones are listed below.

Exceptions
Words with the letters ie coming after c
  • deficient/efficient/sufficient, etc.
  • science
  • species
Words with the letters ei not coming after c and not sounded as a
  • either/neither
  • feisty
  • foreign
  • forfeit
  • heifer
  • height
  • heist
  • leisure
  • seize
  • sovereign
  • their
  • weird

The well-known “rule” is stated in the following jingle: "i before e except after c, or when sounded as a as in neighbour and weigh."

However, there are many exceptions to this guideline. Some common ones are listed below.

Exceptions
Words with the letters ie coming after c
  • deficient/efficient/sufficient, etc.
  • science
  • species
Words with the letters ei not coming after c and not sounded as a
  • either/neither
  • feisty
  • foreign
  • forfeit
  • heifer
  • height
  • heist
  • leisure
  • seize
  • sovereign
  • their
  • weird
I remember an episode of QI which said there were more exceptions to the rule than there were words that met the rule.

Oh dear...the word is offensive now is it ? ..never mind the jokes on me too..I actually had one for a while back in the 70's..
Nope. I was making reference to the 90s tv show 'The fast show' which featured Ron Manager, a character loosely based on Alec Stock.

You seem to be looking for wokeness where none exists.

How about there is a ceiling instead of their is a ceiling?

;