Everton, Arsenal, West Ham...

Lots of people get worried abut the fact he's reported as talking to Everton after Koeman, I wouldn't worry about it. Even when in good contracts I'd sometimes interview at other places, just to get a feel for my worth in the market, and what other companies are doing and whether I can learn anything from them. He sat down with Southampton because he was invited and said no before, I imagine that's exactly what happened at Everton

While he has such a level of control (Fergie/Clough) I can;t see him going elsewhere

He certainly grew in confidence during his brief spell in the team but I can understand why he was moved to the bench when Smith returned from injury. I don't necessarily agree with it as in my opinion it then became Smith's position to win back, however, to drop him from the bench when Franno came back from injury was harsh. Competition for places keeps players hungry.

Very good Neil but as I've said, I wasn't referring to the those players when making my point, I mentioned the players I was referring to. You brought the foreign lads up when you said this:

"For someone that doesn’t allow people to speculate on what might be said on training grounds you are now saying Lerma, Danjuma and Rico came here because they are getting trained in a certain way despite none of them ever saying it."

So you were wrong when you tried to insinuate that I meant the foreign players when I said that footballers stake their career's on Eddie's ability to improve them (just Google any interview with a British youngster we've signed, you know, one I specifically mentioned in my post).

Even though you were trying to change what I said to better argue against my point, accusing me of speculation into the bargain, you still failed because you jumped in with two feet and were even wrong about what they'd said.

So you created a straw man to fight... and lost. :rofl:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man?wprov=sfla1
Christ... this post has to be the definition of deluded triump. Ever thought of script writing for Donald or Boris. They’d love you.

I haven’t created a wicker man or whatever you learnt in nightschool law for beginners module 4.

I agree that young British players come here for development and to get a chance to play. Mepham, Brooks , Cook etc I said that. The others you either believe the PR spin or you don’t.... and I don’t think either Borussia Dortmund were serious about signing Rico or that he came here because we coach people to be better. If on the slim chance he did that he probably reassessed that when it took an injury crisis and 18 months to get playing.
Although you will probably blame that on his attitude like everyone else that hasn’t worked out here.
I’m not going to do a desk slamming emoji because I’m not a dick.

Christ... this post has to be the definition of deluded triump. Ever thought of script writing for Donald or Boris. They’d love you.

I haven’t created a wicker man or whatever you learnt in nightschool law for beginners module 4.

I agree that young British players come here for development and to get a chance to play. Mepham, Brooks , Cook etc I said that. The others you either believe the PR spin or you don’t.... and I don’t think either Borussia Dortmund were serious about signing Rico or that he came here because we coach people to be better. If on the slim chance he did that he probably reassessed that when it took an injury crisis and 18 months to get playing.
Although you will probably blame that on his attitude like everyone else that hasn’t worked out here.
I’m not going to do a desk slamming emoji because I’m not a dick.

Slam your head against your desk all you like mate. Your post was a car crash.

1. You accused me of saying Lerma, Rico and Danjuma came here because they thought AFCB were good at developing players - never said it, I listed the players I was referring to, didn't include them.

2. You accused me of making stuff up by putting words in those three player's mouths that they'd never said. This was wrong on two fronts - a) I never said that - b) turns out they did. It doesn't matter if I believe them or not, I only posted it to show that even when you make up stuff I've said to try and win the argument you still get it wrong.

Finally - You've just agreed with my original point in the post above so maybe we can call this one done. I'll reiterate - players come to AFCB because they think Howe will improve them - I'm talking about promising youngsters here. Personally I think players staking their careers on Howe's skills is slightly stronger evidence of his ability than you making up stories about what Tindal said to Howe at half time in the Wolves game.

Btw - don't bother trying to argue about the truthfulness of what Danjuma or Rico said. I'm not interested either way.

I think we might be about to see Eddies last few games in charge of Afcb.!
Talk in London Press of West Ham or Arsenal next is as Hot as its been so far! No Smoke.

West Ham next manager from Oddschecker:
Eddie: 5/2
Rafa: 5/1
Hughton: 7/1

Worth noting that Rafa wasn't even in the running this morning.

Xmas is coming,
the goose is getting fat,
If Eddie goes,
we could get any Tw#t.

Emery, Pulis,
Or Ian Holloway,
Our mate Hughes,
not too far away.

From Molesely and Old Harry,
In earnest we will tarry!

The choice is not barren ,
Anyone called Darren.
But please God not McClaren !

My choice for Gaffa ?
....No nonsense Rafa!

Sorry about that....im in Wetherspoons waiting for er indoors to turn up from her coffee club!

Pellegrini still in post but the West Ham forum is full of rumours about "sources" understanding that EH and JC met the West Ham Board yesterday. https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176370&start=660

It's not a bad read that thread - particularly interesting about the net spend and league positions comparing ourselves, west ham and Burnley. Plus, plenty of opinion that Howe would be daft to take the job because the owners are toxic.

;