Everton - The Verdict

Great all round performance everyone put in a shift

Nice too see Callum looking his old self again

Rico had his best performance in a Bmth shirt special mentions for king who ran his socks off and Stacey who looked solid

But for me MOM was Lewis Cook what a game he had, take a bow son it was like having a new signing

Right that's that one out of the way, now onto Friday let's go up there and get a win for a change

I assume the wee man's interview must be on one of the pay through the nose to view channels. Don't remember it on Solent and the only post match interview on Cows to date is Mostyn with Callum and I won't be watching that (no disrespect to Callum).

He just looked very sour faced and p*ssed off. Not entirely unlike Silva, except Silva had just lost the game. Very odd for a player who'd scored for a winning side.

He just looked very sour faced and p*ssed off. Not entirely unlike Silva, except Silva had just lost the game. Very odd for a player who'd scored for a winning side.
just to add to the weirdness Fraser looked the happiest he has been in a long time while warming up with the rest of the substitutes before the game today, laughing and joking with his teammates... might just be nothing but it’s the only time I’ve seen him crack a smile this season, would he rather not play? Lol

Thought Lewis Cook made a massive difference today. Wee man substitution also was a game changer (and unusual for Eddie subs that early on). Billing was immense too, and Lerma when came on was energy personified.
We also now have a very accomplished keeper !!!!!

Noticeable that EH has subbed players much earlier so far this season.

A few thoughts...
-Rambo fantastic again. In all my time supporting the club I’ve never known us to have such a proactive goalkeeper. Polar opposite to Begovic.
-Cook in the most part had a great game. A couple of iffy moments of poor positional play (due to filling the gap left by Stacey) in the first half left us exposed. Not going to criticise him for the goal because frankly he was being climbed on so not sure what he can do in that situation. An iffy back pass aside very solid.
-Ake had a good game as usual. Solid and steady.
-Rico was very good, regardless of what some will say. He was caught high up the pitch during transitions at times but that is the way that EH wants his fullbacks to play! Very solid defensively and good use of the ball.
-Stacey all things considered had an encouraging debut. He struggled with the pace of the game at first and got caught on the ball a few times but this is to be expected. The guy hasn’t even played in the championship before and he will adapt.
-L Cook outstanding. Covered every blade and has an ability to beat a man and carry the ball up the pitch.
-Billing good again. Interceptions, tackling and winning headers. Does the ugly stuff very well and hugely impressive.
-H Wilson was disappointing I thought tbh. Offered virtually nothing in open play. Barely noticed he was playing and doesn’t provide any real protection to his full back. Understand that he is a luxury player but in this system we can’t really afford to have a luxury player out wide.
-King so much better out wide than as a ten. Utilising his strengths which are running at the opposition with the ball. Keep him there!
-Solanke was very important today I felt. Good foil for Callum, used the ball well and looked far more comfortable than Kingy dropping into that number 10 slot.
-Callum worked hard. Fairly quiet but absolutely clinical which I will take all day long. He’s there to put the ball in the net and today his finishes were sublime.
-Weeman did very well when he came on, a lot better showing from him. Added much needed energy at a pivotal time, I like the idea of him coming off the bench as a super sub to run at tiring defenders. Would personally give him this role this season.

Unless I missed some sarcasm there, you guys are insane. You’ll infer whatever you want to infer if you think it seems to fit some perceived narrative. Wee Man cracked into two smiles in that interview. He’s absolutely fine. He’s always been serious and thoughtful in his interviews and he celebrated his goal appropriately. He was probably a little embarrassed about it, I would think. Nothing to see here.

Yeah, he looks and sounds really miserable there. :confused:

Unless I missed some sarcasm there, you guys are insane. You’ll infer whatever you want to infer if you think it seems to fit some perceived narrative. Wee Man cracked into two smiles in that interview. He’s absolutely fine. He’s always been serious and thoughtful in his interviews and he celebrated his goal appropriately. He was probably a little embarrassed about it, I would think. Nothing to see here.

It was sarcasm. That's why I added the confused emoji.

What a difference 2 weeks makes. If we beat southampton next week things will really be looking good.

Some highlights apart from wilsons 2 goals -

Rambo is fantastic, he’s bound to be prone to the odd error this season but he was great today, confident and brave.

Rico - plenty in north stand writing him off after 2 minutes. Well shove that up your ****************. He needs a run of games and some confidence. Practically assisted 2 goals (I know King headed the corner for a Wilson) and defended well the majority of the time

Stacey - didn’t stand out but that’s not a bad thing. Composed. Decent PL debut
Biggest highlight of the day apart from the win was Lewis Cook. I didn’t expect him to make the bench, let alone play 77 minutes and be as phenomenal as he was. Like a brand new signing for us

Fraser - maybe a tad worried with Brooks, Danjuma to come back, out of contract in 8 months. Massive points to prove and did it today.

What a difference 2 weeks makes. If we beat southampton next week things will really be looking good.

Some highlights apart from wilsons 2 goals -

Rambo is fantastic, he’s bound to be prone to the odd error this season but he was great today, confident and brave.

Rico - plenty in north stand writing him off after 2 minutes. Well shove that up your ****. He needs a run of games and some confidence. Practically assisted 2 goals (I know King headed the corner for a Wilson) and defended well the majority of the time

Stacey - didn’t stand out but that’s not a bad thing. Composed. Decent PL debut
Biggest highlight of the day apart from the win was Lewis Cook. I didn’t expect him to make the bench, let alone play 77 minutes and be as phenomenal as he was. Like a brand new signing for us

Fraser - maybe a tad worried with Brooks, Danjuma to come back, out of contract in 8 months. Massive points to prove and did it today.

You pretty much copy me...but an hour later. :)

;